North Korea Topic

I give up, why?
4/10/2013 6:03 PM

WASHINGTON TIMES?

LMAO

4/10/2013 9:26 PM
NKs first leader, Kim il-Sung was born on April 15, 1912 (same day the Titanic sank). That is the significance of the date this week. No surprise at all if they test a missile or a nuke on that date. The US has anticipated this for some time. The missile defense system was headed to Guam months ago.

As far as China goes they are far more concerned about a potential refugee crisis across their common border should things go really bad. NK is a big red spot on the ledger books, and China is decidedly pragmatic. There is no way that China backs NK with military force at the expense of SK, Japan, and the USA. They want stability.

And the fellow "communist" rhetoric is nonsense. China's relationship with Korea goes back two thousand years. China went to war with Soviet-client North Vietnam in 1979 and was never really all that close with the USSR, except out of necessity.

4/11/2013 4:16 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/10/2013 9:13:00 PM (view original):
Beats me, I'm not one of the dumbasses predicting doomsday scenarios.
If you don't think NK is a real threat, you only need to look in the mirror to find a dumbass.
4/11/2013 8:53 AM
BREAKING NEWS Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:44 PM EDT
A new assessment of North Korea’s nuclear capability conducted by the Pentagon’s intelligence arm has concluded for the first time, with “moderate confidence,” that the country has learned how to make a nuclear weapon small enough to be delivered by a ballistic missile.
The assessment by the Defense Intelligence Agency, which has been distributed to senior administration officials and members of Congress, cautions that the weapon’s “reliability will be low,” apparently a reference to the North’s difficulty in developing accurate missiles or, perhaps, to the huge technical challenges of designing a warhead that can survive the rigors of flight and detonate on a specific target.
It is unclear whether other American intelligence agencies agree with the assessment by the Defense Intelligence Agency, which has primary responsibility for monitoring the missile capabilities of adversary nations. In the case of Iraq, a decade ago, the agency was among those that argued most vociferously that Saddam Hussein had nuclear weapons.
4/11/2013 5:07 PM
This ****'s getting scarier by the day.
4/11/2013 7:45 PM
The most important thing is that I have to fly in and out of Seoul in June.
4/11/2013 10:03 PM
A friend of mine to flying to China, via Seoul, next week.
4/11/2013 10:09 PM
Tell him to bring his own chicken...because they are killing them here (around Shanghai anyway).

Things I can't get at lunch...chicken, tuna with mayo, mayo for any sandwich, any dressing that uses eggs or mayo....sucks! Maybe next week...
And then there were the 20,000 pigs they found floating in the Huangpu River a couple of weeks ago. Officials say they were diseased. I suspect Angry Birds, myself.

4/12/2013 5:05 AM

BOILED DOG(PUPPY)

4/12/2013 5:21 AM
FWIW, someone said that even if NK has nuclear missile capability, they don't have the technology to guide a missile into the next town.   Not sure if that's good as a missile that misses it's target still hits something but they don't sound very advanced.
4/12/2013 2:22 PM
It's true, but it's nukes we're talking about.  They don't necessarily have to hit the target to have effect.  If they can set the target to be "the middle of South Korea" and only be off by 50 miles or so....still scary.
4/12/2013 2:38 PM
You're a dumbass.   'nuff said.
4/13/2013 8:09 AM
The real danger isnt to the US. Korea couldnt hit Alaska, let alone a specific city in the US.

The danger is to Seoul or Tokyo. Doesnt take much to fire that far. South Korea could be devestated. Japan could be seriously hurt.

And then we are in a decision making process. To nuke or not to nuke.

Needless to say this could get ugly.
4/13/2013 3:22 PM
That's kind of the point.   NK can't hit a target if they launch a nuke.   But they can launch a nuke and they're close enough to our allies to hit a general area.   And that could drag us into a conflict we don't want or need.
4/15/2013 8:36 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
North Korea Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.