Life gettin' in the way :) Topic

HD Coaches,
Just wanted to let everyone know that a recently-diagnosed medical condition will be forcing me to leave the game.  I don't want to get into any details but in a week-and-a-half I'll be starting 6 weeks of chemotherapy and won't have the time to dedicate to this great game. I'm hoping that it'll be a minimum two months away  but I'm just not sure.

It's been great, and I've met some wonderful people on here.  I managed to coach Oberlin to the 2nd most W's all-time in Knight D3, although I'm not sure if that's skill or just hanging around so long. Except for an 8-season span that included an appearance in the Sweet 16, E8, two 2nd rounds, PI championship game, NT championship game and  two 1st rounds I pretty much stunk up the postseason-but it was still fun.  I did manage a PIT title back in season 15, I think.

I've mentioned before how much respect I have for the Coaches in HD. It's been an honor competing against you guys and hopefully I'll be back.  I have plenty of motivation when I look at my family, and I'll approach this with my  faith, as that's all I can do.

Thanks for listening, and good luck everyone with their teams!!
4/8/2013 5:04 PM (edited)
Never met you in  game p6453 but wish you the best of course! We can't wait for you to get well enough to where you can care about something so trivial in the scheme of things such as HD. I believe I speak on behalf of all of us when I say we wish you the speediest of recoveries. And just remember when times are getting tough along this 6 week road, it could be worse, you could've just had a Top Tier recruit poached in the last cycle ;) 

Best wishes!
4/8/2013 4:15 PM
good luck to you, and hope you return to us happy & healthy in a couple months!
4/8/2013 4:15 PM
Good luck and speedy recovery. By the way, you have some skilz because I've done this HD thing forever and just keep getting suckier.
4/8/2013 4:58 PM
Best of luck to you P6453. Keep strong and keep a positive outlook.     
4/8/2013 5:28 PM
good luck p6453
4/8/2013 7:35 PM
Posted by hobobilly on 4/8/2013 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Never met you in  game p6453 but wish you the best of course! We can't wait for you to get well enough to where you can care about something so trivial in the scheme of things such as HD. I believe I speak on behalf of all of us when I say we wish you the speediest of recoveries. And just remember when times are getting tough along this 6 week road, it could be worse, you could've just had a Top Tier recruit poached in the last cycle ;) 

Best wishes!
+1. Well said. Get well and stay strong, my prayers are with you and your family.
4/8/2013 7:47 PM
You were the very first person who was nice to a noob like me in the forums! Hope you get well soon.
4/8/2013 7:51 PM
Thanks, Coaches. Appreciate it greatly.  I always knew that there were great people playing this game and I'm lucky to have had the chance to get to know some of you.  "+1" to all of you for the well-wishes.
Kevo...you were worried about a potential recruiting battle over a PF from Ohio-I believe Jeter was his last name.  You"ve done a great job in Knight.
4/8/2013 8:35 PM (edited)
God bless you man, I hope all goes well and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Can't wait to see you back :)

Take care p6453.

4/9/2013 12:04 AM
best of luck to you taker care and get well. 
4/9/2013 12:07 AM
Good luck sir
4/9/2013 2:24 AM
Good luck and good speed.
4/9/2013 7:32 AM
Posted by p6453 on 4/8/2013 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Thanks, Coaches. Appreciate it greatly.  I always knew that there were great people playing this game and I'm lucky to have had the chance to get to know some of you.  "+1" to all of you for the well-wishes.
Kevo...you were worried about a potential recruiting battle over a PF from Ohio-I believe Jeter was his last name.  You"ve done a great job in Knight.
Brian Jeter :)
4/9/2013 7:54 AM
Good luck - come back soon
4/9/2013 8:54 AM
12 Next ▸
Life gettin' in the way :) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.