Trying out a Rule 5 pick in the pre-season Topic

2.67 ERA is good on my account....he has been  mis- used at times, over used from previous owners.....pitched when tired........that is why I asked if it was a fluke?   but I have had other pitchers in the same situation
4/16/2013 3:50 PM
Pitching is complicated.   When someone says "If they don't have 70 splits, they can't be BL pitchers", it's annoying.   The "flawed" pitchers will be more inconsistent but I've had enough success with low 50 splits that I will use them if their other ratings work out.
4/16/2013 4:18 PM
Thanks I know if he started he would get shelled more frequently....but if he does not see the same line up 2 or 3 times he does good....so until he proves me wrong I will use him as I am doing.  I also understand what you are saying about ratings.....you never know sometimes
4/16/2013 4:27 PM
This is not real life. The batter doesn't guess which pitches are coming, mostly because no specific pitch is coming. If he's consistently getting hit late, drop his pitch count because it's from in-game fatigue.
4/16/2013 7:27 PM
◂ Prev 12
Trying out a Rule 5 pick in the pre-season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.