My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

For the second time, two "new" coaches have taken away recruits from me. The same two and they are only after guys I have had considering me.

The first is Suny Geneseo and their first year coach samsampson. Who took away a PF that was considering only me. I then had a SF considering me and they have taken them as well. This is the ONLY two recruits of 8 spots they have.

The second is Union and their first year coach giantslayer. Who took away a SF that was only considering me. Then took away, in the last cycle, a C that was only considering me. They have now joined a battle for another C that I am having with a different school that we have been having since the first cycle. 

Both of these teams have 8 open schollies giving them a TON of money to poach.....only MY recruits!?!?

This is likely going to result in me ending up with ALL walkons! WTF

I guess I must having really ticked someone off along the way somewhere, so much so that they have created new logins just to EF with me? 

Anyone else have this happen to them? Do I have any recourse? Is this unprecedented? It seems like an easy thing to do. Take over a team as a "new" coach. Pick a team that has six or more open spots. Wait for your target to get recruits on their list and then dump a ton of cash to steal them. C prestiges even taking on an A+ seems incredibly odd for one recruit, let alone EVERY recruit. Easy to do, and extremely messed up to have that kind of vendetta.

In my nearly 40 seasons here, I believe that I've had 2-3 players taken away from me. ALWAYS by someone with a high prestige though. Now this has happened to 4 players in less than 24 hours! Potentially five if the 3 way battle goes Union's way. 

I believe it's probably one person, just wanting to mess up my team. LOL, which I have no idea why their life sucks so much to do it over a silly game. However, having this team for nearly 40 seasons, this will make it impossible to continue to stay on here and play. 

Again, do I have recourse here?
4/15/2013 2:45 PM

Without a doubt something is fishy.  WIS could probably figure it out pretty quickly.

4/15/2013 2:48 PM
A new cycle and now the only player that I had left that was considering only me, is now also considering Suny Geneseo. 

The fix is in. 
4/15/2013 5:05 PM
Send in a ticket -- we had a similar situation in Rupp a couple recruiting cycles back. 2-3 recruits from our top team poached, computer signings/walk-ons for others. The poaching team was then autopiloted the entire year.

ETA: Spasticity would have more details about what CS eventually said/did in that regard. I know the dummy account was eventually linked to another active pay account on WIS.

4/15/2013 5:14 PM (edited)
what world was that dshook?
4/15/2013 5:15 PM
Yeah, that looks fishy. 

By the way, I was seriously considering fighting you on one of those guys. Probably would be able to win with a distance advantage and the concerted attack on your guys (which I hadn't previously noticed). I think I decided against it though. I think. 
4/15/2013 5:29 PM
Send a ticket and definitely keep us updated. 
4/15/2013 5:40 PM
Keep in mind that they just gave away a code for free teams, so someone could easily sign up for a bunch of new teams under a ton of different new IDs.
4/15/2013 5:51 PM
The ticket has been sent. It's in Iba. 

Travolon, at this point it moot. I really can't battle anyone if this is allowed to stand. I just simply fear finding someone else and then one of those teams dumping money on them and taking them away. It is a no win situation. 
4/15/2013 5:52 PM
That sucks. Hopefully WIS finds that it is linked to someone else and is able to put the recruits on your roster.
4/15/2013 6:30 PM
That really sucks.  I'm not very tech savvy at all, but is there a way for WIS to find out if the coaches at these schools are connected to main accounts?  Ban them for life if you ask me.  That kind of thing has no place here.
4/15/2013 7:42 PM
Unless someone with a little know-how did it, it shouldn't be that difficult.  The same IP is likely to show up, or consecutive/concurrent logins.
4/15/2013 8:12 PM
WIS is on it. They have already made one response to my ticket. I will definately post the results. Thanks fellas. It sucks that something that is a hobby can be ruined by someone else who obviously needs a life
4/15/2013 8:20 PM
Posted by udm_mike on 4/15/2013 7:42:00 PM (view original):
That really sucks.  I'm not very tech savvy at all, but is there a way for WIS to find out if the coaches at these schools are connected to main accounts?  Ban them for life if you ask me.  That kind of thing has no place here.
Unless they're using a proxy on their separate accounts, WIS can track the users through their IP addresses.
4/15/2013 8:27 PM
Hope it works out for you.
4/15/2013 9:09 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.