My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Posted by dshook30 on 4/16/2013 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Lol.......hmmmmm....do you think that would have worked?
well, not the part about HD staff giving you some players. you probably are **** out of luck, sadly, even if the perp is caught and dealt with :(

but the evoking sympathy part? yeah, i suppose that could work. except for that dude who said "you are seriously complaining about this"? i suggest you get a couple free HD accounts and help him understand why one would be upset about such a thing ;)
4/16/2013 5:45 PM
Posted by milwood on 4/16/2013 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Reisscards on 4/16/2013 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Are you seriously crying about this?
do you seriously not see a problem with this?   What is wrong with having CS do their job and investigate a customer complaint/concern.  If CS comes back with a definite answer that they checked credit card information, ip addresses, and whatever other methods are available to see if they are unique users, then sure at that point he has no choice to move on.  I still think it would be completely appropriate to come on here and ***** about the most unlikely bad luck recruiting story that it would be.

At the very least you have to admit it sounds more odd than the normal bad luck recruiting session.

At the very least, if this is true it's against the rules under "collusion" - except that, rather than 2 coaches cooperating to share scouting info, you have 1 coach working 2 or more teams.

It's considered an unfair advantage and I would expect HD to either suspend or ban a player guilty of doing it. 

4/16/2013 6:24 PM
FWIW, samsampson is now recruiting in the midwest and has a post from Missouri considering him.
4/16/2013 6:49 PM
Posted by rednu on 4/16/2013 6:49:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, samsampson is now recruiting in the midwest and has a post from Missouri considering him.
Probably looked at the forums and saw how stupid he looked ONLY recruiting players against an A+ school.
4/16/2013 7:52 PM
Ok I have the answer from WIS. Unbelievable.

They have confirmed that this IS the same user. He has two teams in the same state just 230 miles apart. His first six recruits were taken from my considered by list. 3 for one team and 3 for the other. However, incredibly they tell me that there is no conclusive evidence he targeted me.

They also said that they don't believe I was targeted since that usually involves bad blood but that does not appear to be the case. They theorize that it's a new user experimenting with recruiting. Here's the issues I have:

1. If a guy uses two teams to take away one teams recruits, how can this be allowed
2. Dual coaching in the same world is supposedly only allowed if the teams are 1000 miles or more apart. This is clearly not the case for new users
3. This person may not have bad blood for me but they could have easily just picked a team with a high prestige and a history of success and waited for them to get players and simply picked them off.
4. If not and they were just "experimenting" I'm the lab rat and my team loses one recruiting class
5. Not to mention the effing money it takes to play here.

In conclusion, the customer with more than five years of paying money gets screwed. IF they make this guy give up one of his teams next season, I am still without the players that were to be on my team. And I believe that since it is obviously going to be allowed to stand, this will be a tool used by savvy and slimy players who either want to get ahead can target their main rival, screw them out of a recruiting class, and thus effecting their success. Or, they can simply target someone they don't like and just terrorize their recruiting.

So I have asked for a refund. They allowed a user to violate the rules and my team pays the price. I am waiting to hear back on that request. I am not holding my breath even though I know it's the LEAST they can do.

They SHOULD make this guy give up one team RIGHT NOW, put those recruits back on my considered by list and hopefully they would still sign with me. And I should get a refund for the trouble. Again, not holding my breath.

I am not sure how you could ever defense this. This could happen to anyone at anytime in any world. I was simply "the experiment" this time.

4/16/2013 9:10 PM
WOW. I dont even know what to say. Id ask to be directed to seble first off. Id do anything and everything possible to get his personal attention. Such complete bullshit. They have thecconclusive evidence. Both of his teams targeted your team only. He is cheating already with 2 teams within 1000 mies of each other.

Unbelievable.

4/16/2013 9:35 PM
"They SHOULD make this guy give up one team RIGHT NOW, put those recruits back on my considered by list and hopefully they would still sign with me. And I should get a refund for the trouble. Again, not holding my breath."

This is exactly what they should do, and it's completely reasonable to ask for it. Doesn't matter whether there was "bad blood." This user colluded (with himself) to take those recruits from you, and that is cheating. 

Did you ask CS for this? Or did you just ask for the refund?

4/16/2013 9:37 PM
Yeah, that response is a bit surprising.  That really sucks....I hope they reconsider.
4/16/2013 9:58 PM
Posted by pepwaves on 4/16/2013 9:37:00 PM (view original):
"They SHOULD make this guy give up one team RIGHT NOW, put those recruits back on my considered by list and hopefully they would still sign with me. And I should get a refund for the trouble. Again, not holding my breath."

This is exactly what they should do, and it's completely reasonable to ask for it. Doesn't matter whether there was "bad blood." This user colluded (with himself) to take those recruits from you, and that is cheating. 

Did you ask CS for this? Or did you just ask for the refund?

At first for a refund but then after thinking about it I asked for him to have to give up one team now. It would have to happen before the season starts and there is still time. I will post the response.
4/16/2013 10:02 PM
That's a ridiculous response, I'll happily send a ticket on your behalf and I think many other users should too to make sure you are properly compensated.
4/16/2013 10:05 PM
Another chapter in the stunning saga that is WIS "customer service" has been penned...

Unconscionable. 
4/16/2013 10:15 PM
Posted by backboy13 on 4/16/2013 10:05:00 PM (view original):
That's a ridiculous response, I'll happily send a ticket on your behalf and I think many other users should too to make sure you are properly compensated.
That would be awesome!
4/16/2013 10:15 PM
If their definition of targeting only involves bad blood, they need a new definition of targeting. Maybe it was a new user experimenting, figuring you had A+ prestige and that going after your recruits would be the best plan. But if that's the case, they still targeted you for the bloody experiment. Maybe for non-malicious reasons, but they still did it. And they still did it illegally. 
4/16/2013 10:24 PM
Ask WIS if they would have a problem with you getting two more (Free)  teams in the same geography so you can protect your recruits. 
4/16/2013 10:27 PM

Just sent -

I've been following the posting started by dshook30 in the HD forum with a great deal of interest.  If what he says is true and you allow this collusive behavior to stand, I'm not sure how much more of my business you'll be getting.

Best regards,

Mike

4/16/2013 10:31 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.