My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Posted by colonels19 on 4/16/2013 10:34:00 PM (view original):
dshook, I think you're being a bit of a baby to be honest.  I'd like to address these two points that you made as well...

"3. This person may not have bad blood for me but they could have easily just picked a team with a high prestige and a history of success and waited for them to get players and simply picked them off.
4. If not and they were just "experimenting" I'm the lab rat and my team loses one recruiting class"

So what is wrong with either of these?  He saw that you had a successful team, saw who you were recruiting and picked your guys off...for a new user, it's actually a rather strategic/smart move.  If you feel like you're going to lose your recruits, why didn't you guarantee starts and/or minutes...it's that guy's fault that you're out of money?

I have a very simple solution to all of this btw...have WIS not allow users to see which "other" schools are "considering" and disable the "recruiting" tab within the team profile during recruiting, again to eliminate the appearance of "poaching"...easy as pie.
Who wins the colonels taking the contrarian position pool?
4/16/2013 10:36 PM
dshook, I think you're being a bit of a baby to be honest.  I'd like to address these two points that you made as well...

"3. This person may not have bad blood for me but they could have easily just picked a team with a high prestige and a history of success and waited for them to get players and simply picked them off.
4. If not and they were just "experimenting" I'm the lab rat and my team loses one recruiting class"

So what is wrong with either of these?  He saw that you had a successful team, saw who you were recruiting and picked your guys off...for a new user, it's actually a rather strategic/smart move.  If you feel like you're going to lose your recruits, why didn't you guarantee starts and/or minutes...it's that guy's fault that you're out of money?

I have a very simple solution to all of this btw...have WIS not allow users to see which "other" schools are "considering" and disable the "recruiting" tab within the team profile during recruiting, again to eliminate the appearance of "poaching"...easy as pie.
The problem is that one person is coaching 2 teams in the same world.The teams are too close to each other and that is against the rules. On top of that he is colluding with himself to poach recruits from one team using the huge budgets from each team. Unfair. 
4/16/2013 10:47 PM
If it was one person with ONE team doing it, I could accept that it was a shrewd strategy decision. The fact that it's two teams by one person with each team taking three casts it into more suspicious territory to me. 

That said, I've got to give you props colonels for coming up with the solution (it would actually be interesting to run a recruiting season under that paradigm and see how things transpire...battles would be a lot crazier and life at D1 could get really, REALLY intense. The more I think about it, the more I'd love to try it just for the heck of it...)
4/16/2013 11:02 PM
Posted by commish118 on 4/16/2013 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Ask WIS if they would have a problem with you getting two more (Free)  teams in the same geography so you can protect your recruits. 
I like this idea.
4/16/2013 11:06 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/16/2013 10:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by udm_mike on 4/16/2013 10:36:00 PM (view original):

Who wins the colonels taking the contrarian position pool?
I don't play devil's advocate, I believe what I say/type, and on top of that, I have a better solution than what any of you have suggested, so jab all you want, but understand that my concern is in what's best for HD.
What you're supporting by calling dshook a baby is the absolute worst case scenario for anyone who's ever considered bad outcomes of coaches having multiple teams in the same world.
4/16/2013 11:07 PM
colonels, your solution is foolish. it is impossible to recruit at D1 without seeing who you are battling and watching for recruits to target. I am not sure where I come down on the OP's dilemma, but your proposed solution is 100% NOT the answer.
4/16/2013 11:08 PM
I submitted a ticket. Who's with me???
4/16/2013 11:10 PM
Colonels, while your solution is actually well-thought and sounds very interesting, I don't believe you when you say that you believe everything you type. Think for a second of this exact same scenario happened to you - it's ridiculous! And don't say that you'd live with it because it's just a unique strategy being employed by a new user, that's a load of crap. Especially knowing that it's two. With one team do what you please, but with two (within 1000 miles of one another), the bad intent is easy to discern.
4/16/2013 11:20 PM
did seble ever say if this new coach of both teams can be linked back to a 3rd existing account that already plays HD, perhaps even in the same world?  So basically a resentful present coach retaliating?
4/16/2013 11:40 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/16/2013 11:02:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, I'd love to see the ticket question and response, verbatim, not some watered-down commentary of what happened, from the "screwed".

A/the guy is colluding with himself...lol

It could be two teenage brothers or something using the same comp, employing the same strategy too...just thinking out loud.

colonels-

I think you are missing the point in all this. The reason this was collusion and therefore, cheating is:

1) One person (or one computer...doesn't matter) used two different teams to target all the recruits from one specific team.
2) One person was able to use the budget for two teams ($36,000 or more in this case it looks like) to ensure he landed an A+ team's recruits. 
3) One person had intimate knowledge of the recruiting plan for two different teams, giving him an unfair advantage and ability to use his other team as a sort of "feint" to ensure success in all his battles. 

This sort of thing is expressly forbidden in WIS's fair play guidelines. It's collusion. It's cheating. And it sucks for dshook. I don't understand why you are ignoring it. 
4/16/2013 11:43 PM (edited)
colonels....I usually see your point.  In this case you are dead wrong.  This is a joke and should be dealt with.  Two teams, one computer, very close to one another is completely agains the rules.  I would quit over this and I have 4 teams.
4/16/2013 11:47 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/16/2013 11:46:00 PM (view original):
It is possible that at any given time dshook had 8 guys considering, for 4 spots...if he only lands 2, you're going to try to convince me that the fault/blame is to be placed on someone other than dshook?  C'mon...if you spread yourself too thin and your recruits get nabbed, that's just the game being played...recruit better.
So, you're saying dshook should have recruited better to make up for the collusive/cheating actions of one person using a $36,000 budget in D3?

C'mon man...
4/16/2013 11:49 PM
- "One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.

- "Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users or attempted by a single user. Here are a few examples:
  • Discussing the pursuit of a recruit with another coach, including who is pursuing him and money that might have been spent.
  • Sharing Future Stars Scouting (FSS) information between multiple teams."
- from WIS's Fair Play Guidelines

dshook probably could have recruited better, but that is not even be the point of all this. One person cheated and violated the above guidelines, and dshook lost recruits because of it. 

Not sure why you refuse to address this point colonels...

4/16/2013 11:58 PM
Colonels refuses to address this point because he doesn't have an argument against it. I don't think the OP thought he was entitled to these recruits, only that he is entitled to an even playing field upon which to compete.
4/17/2013 12:02 AM
Also, for dshook:

Potential punishments for the user that cheated:

Removal of players/recruits (including releasing a signed recruit from a team)

So, it looks like CS can remove players from the user's team. I'd ask for that if I were you, and point them to their own guidelines if they complain. 
4/17/2013 12:03 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
My and only my recruits targeted by 2 new coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.