Posted by sol_phenom3 on 4/17/2013 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Glad to see this resolved. Nonetheless this is so odd. I'd really like to know who this person who specifically targeted your recruits was and why in the hell they did this.
Resolved? I hope so. This is only resolved if seble treats this as an abnormal isolated incident.
Seble has another thread querying us with a poll on multiple teams by one account, aliases, etc.
Pandora's box has been opened.
I've been playing this game a LONG TIME. One thing that has never changed since I began playing this game is complaining about aliases, multiple accounts, collusion and FREEHD. The game is still going on. If this game is still going on 5 years from now, I promise you people will continue to complain.
You can't control any of these for many reasons. I'll list a few.
- FREEHD in my opinion is probably the biggest issue of all. I think EVERY veteran has created a ghost team with FREEHD to experiment with something. They'd be lying if they said they haven't. On the other hand, the only reason I'm playing this game is because I clicked a FREEHD link from a Bill Simmons Sports guy column long time ago.
- I wonder if some of the users who said they submitted a ticket for you in this thread would do it again if they knew they'd be LOSING about 2/3's of the teams they currently manage if seble decides to do cleaning of aliases and multiple accounts?
- I know of a conference in one world where the majority of its conference members are family members where more than 1 live under the same roof. They love the game and have invited other people to play and now many in that world are there because of that one family.
- We live in the age of smart phones. Anyone can get around the IP address thing if they want if they use their iphone for one team, their home pc for another, and their mother's ipad for a 3rd. The inverse is true too. What if you are playing the game with a friend and he decides to log onto his team when he's on your PC or using your wifi.
- I never got the 1000 miles argument either. Over time you build relationships with coaches who have built dynasties like you. Even if one coach is on the East coast and the other is on the West, what stops them from sharing a Google spreadsheet of their FSS..
Another thing to remember is this game is being played by a diverse group of people. I'm in my 40's and have a kid in college. I'm in a league with a guy who's in his 60's and retired. I have a rivalry with a team that has been built into a dynasty by a kid who just turned 16. We need to remember this. Embrace this. Each person may get something completely different out of the game be it winning a championship or winning a recruit from a high prestige team.
FREEHD was the reason the issue discussed in this thread happened. If something needs eliminated, eliminate that.
FSS would be where I'd look next if you really want to attack collusion. I played this game before FSS and liked it. It was a different game. But the issue there was once you build a dynasty, you were hard to stop. High prestige with more money was even more powerful then. But if you eliminate FSS, I'd probably quit. Recruiting is my favorite part of the game now and I love the dynamic that FSS brought to the game. I really enjoy doing the math at the last moment to evaluate whether I should attempt to take a recruit from another coach at the last cycle or two.
Keep Pandora's box closed please.