Multiple teams in one world Topic

Paragraph 1, I try EVERY season.  I did not claim success, only that it is an option and one that WIS has BUILT into the system.

Paragraph 2 that is true about transfers, but I have recruited 1 season Jucos before and those would be covered. I will also concede your point on that though because it's been a very very long time since I saw a juco Sr, maybe those are no longer in the game(?).

4/18/2013 2:30 AM
Posted by kashmir75 on 4/18/2013 2:30:00 AM (view original):
Paragraph 1, I try EVERY season.  I did not claim success, only that it is an option and one that WIS has BUILT into the system.

Paragraph 2 that is true about transfers, but I have recruited 1 season Jucos before and those would be covered. I will also concede your point on that though because it's been a very very long time since I saw a juco Sr, maybe those are no longer in the game(?).

JUCOs only come in 2 and 3 season varieties ... there are no 1 season JUCOs.
4/18/2013 2:51 AM
Fair enough, as I said it's been years and years since I recruited a single season player, I could very well be wrong about it being a juco. I do not recall seeing Sr juco specifically, and I know for sure that the last 1 yr player I recruited was more than a yr before potential was even a whisper, the entire point is moot.

I stand by the 1st point though. EVERY season without fail, that's the 1st place where I make calls. Regardless of the outcome.

4/18/2013 2:56 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 4/18/2013 2:21:00 AM (view original):
There is absolutely NO reason to have more than one team in any world.  FSS provides inherent advantages in that situation.

There are 10 worlds, and unless a player already has a team in every world, then I do not think they should have a 2nd team in any world.
The fact that some people have had multiples teams in worlds well before FSS is "a" reason, and a valid one.  Most people don't have teams just to have teams (the ones who have been at schools a long time, anyway).  They have those teams because of a history with that team and with that conference.  This isn't even remotely as cut and dry as you're pretending it is.
4/18/2013 6:19 AM
The only valid reason I see is that they only want to recruit once a month as opposed to twice a month.

The "I like my conference but want to move up" isn't valid IMO.  You can easily accomplish that by joining another world.

I think if you grandfather people in, they should have had to have the team before FSS started.
4/18/2013 9:04 AM
Posted by dedelman on 4/17/2013 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 4/17/2013 1:51:00 PM (view original):
here is a suggestion - make it a rule that if you have more than one team in a world you MUST disclose that fact.  There could be a forum thread where people declare their ID's. 

Or maybe even you could add a field to the owner info that allows you to name other ID's.  I'd have two fields - one for other ID's of the same person and one for other related ID's - son, father, spouse (what a bad idea that would be), brother-in-law...etc

THEN,  the natural followup is that any UNDECLARED multiple team (just the first category, a second owned ID) is a violation and upon discovery one team must go.

Its like customs where you have to declare stuff or like a prospectus where you have to disclose it.

This idea hasn't gotten enough run in this thread-- I think this would really work, if you expanded it to require all users sharing an IP address or a credit card to also register, and made the penalties for abuse stiffer.

Imagine a situation where you see questionable recruiting by one player, or an apparent recruiting double-team.  You go to the list to see if you're dealing with a registered ID pair.  Might be the same guy with 2 IDs, might be roommates or a dad and his kid, but either way you know.  If they're registered, fine; you lodge a fair play complaint, and seble investigates, and the first time it happens the guy says it's a coincidence that he and his kid went after your recruits, but after about 3 episodes of this, it's not a coincidence any more, and seble can take action.  If they're not registered, and they're sharing an IP or a credit card, that IP and/or credit card are permanently banned from HD.

This would have zero impact on all the honest guys with multiple IDs.  It would mean that the father-son pair has to be careful to have essentially no recruiting overlap, especially if they get warned for a first questionable episode.  But that's probably a small price to pay to clean up some of the abuse that's probably more common than we imagine. 

Am I missing a problem?
disclosure would cure so many of the problems - why not TRY a disclosure approach and see how it works.  Declare those alternate IDs and any undeclared alternate ID's are then highly suspect.

Every other suggestion seems to have major issues - tinker with FSS and who knows how it works out, ban multiple IDs and lose participation - by folks who have been totally clean about this ,etc

Declaring ownership and maybe also "related" parties could be all that is needed - easy - less risk - whats not to like?
4/18/2013 9:29 AM
I like a combo of no multiple teams and disclosure.  Even with those with multiple names having the ability to unfairly sway the voting, it is pretty obvious the vast majority think it is a joke to have multiple teams.  At the same time, if a family wants to all play, that is great but it would be nice to know so that I can avoid playing with or near them if I think that is going to be an unfair advantage.  While some may say that everyone cheats, I for one have not ever had a "trial" team (although that would of course be very helpful) to test things out because that is wrong.  I also believe there are many others that wouldn't cheat so wish it would either be one team/world or open polict to cheat but how it is set up now seems too grey to me.  
P.S.  If this is taking CS time away from game fixes, then I am excited by what the time that this new policy might free up. 
4/18/2013 10:32 AM
Posted by tbird9423 on 4/18/2013 10:32:00 AM (view original):
I like a combo of no multiple teams and disclosure.  Even with those with multiple names having the ability to unfairly sway the voting, it is pretty obvious the vast majority think it is a joke to have multiple teams.  At the same time, if a family wants to all play, that is great but it would be nice to know so that I can avoid playing with or near them if I think that is going to be an unfair advantage.  While some may say that everyone cheats, I for one have not ever had a "trial" team (although that would of course be very helpful) to test things out because that is wrong.  I also believe there are many others that wouldn't cheat so wish it would either be one team/world or open polict to cheat but how it is set up now seems too grey to me.  
P.S.  If this is taking CS time away from game fixes, then I am excited by what the time that this new policy might free up. 
"pretty obvious the vast majority think it is a joke to have multiple teams"

do not let data get in the way of your conclusions - pretty obvious there is no clear majority in any direction.....

Allow multiple teams with no restrictions
15%

Allow multiple teams as long as they are 1000 miles apart
37%

Don't allow any multiple teams
48%

4/18/2013 10:49 AM
I think the current system makes sense. Eliminating it completely would have negative repercussions and upset a lot of people.

I don't currently have multiple teams in a world, but I used to in Allen for awhile, specifically because I didn't want to lose the dynasties that I'd built.

To change things mid-stream would create more problems than it solves and have significant collateral damage.
4/18/2013 10:55 AM
Posted by girt25 on 4/18/2013 10:55:00 AM (view original):
I think the current system makes sense. Eliminating it completely would have negative repercussions and upset a lot of people.

I don't currently have multiple teams in a world, but I used to in Allen for awhile, specifically because I didn't want to lose the dynasties that I'd built.

To change things mid-stream would create more problems than it solves and have significant collateral damage.
Empty threats! Don't be intimidated, WIS.

The elite dynasty makers are not going to leave WIS. Suggesting so is a joke.

And WIS is a joke if they don't take the obvious road on this one. "It has come to our attention that you are coaching more than one team in a world under different usernames. We have marked your teams and you will be unable to renew coaching them both in following seasons. This also  includes using any bonuses from winning in the postseason to be applied to your second team. In the future, please know that coaching multiple teams in one world is considered cheating by WIS and will not be permitted."

Duh. Common sense. Use your brains.
4/18/2013 11:05 AM
I wonder if there would be a net postitive economic impart for eliminating some of the dynasty teams (the one's under two usernames of course)?   I mean, some dudes probably haven't dropped a dime on this game in years, if they are removed other people win more and that might in turn foster continued playing.

My guess is  that the vast majority of players spend less than 25% of the team price after 12-18 months of real time playing.
I also think that most new players probably don't play 3 seasons.  
If customers were more successful early on they would be more likely to stay.

Just thinking out loud.....
4/18/2013 11:14 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Only if the crack down encourages new customers or paying customers to be retained at a higher rate.   I am not sure this problem will affect the later and has almost no influence on the former.
4/18/2013 11:26 AM
I am a new customer. My retention is very much dependent on WIS providing me a fair playing platform. Consider that influence on the former.
4/18/2013 11:51 AM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/18/2013 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by girt25 on 4/18/2013 10:55:00 AM (view original):

Empty threats! Don't be intimidated, WIS.

The elite dynasty makers are not going to leave WIS. Suggesting so is a joke.

And WIS is a joke if they don't take the obvious road on this one. "It has come to our attention that you are coaching more than one team in a world under different usernames. We have marked your teams and you will be unable to renew coaching them both in following seasons. This also  includes using any bonuses from winning in the postseason to be applied to your second team. In the future, please know that coaching multiple teams in one world is considered cheating by WIS and will not be permitted."

Duh. Common sense. Use your brains.
This is just stupid.

"This thing we've made explicitly legal for a number of you is ending and we're taking your teams away.  **** you.  Please give us money."

4/18/2013 12:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...15 Next ▸
Multiple teams in one world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.