Multiple teams in one world Topic

Don't tick off Plumpy if you want to receive all your mail....
5/14/2015 7:07 PM
Geez, which one of you rats snuffed this one out, eh?
5/14/2015 8:20 PM
Cmon who was it...whinenavy? Bs hook? Coach gilly b? Isuck24?
5/15/2015 8:17 PM
Posted by Plumpy on 5/14/2015 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Sorry Guys...I didn't realize that there was a rule!  Back in the day this rule didn't exist...
right, it didnt. during the transition from tarek to seble, i think there was also a "silent" rule change. under tarek, the restriction on multiple teams was put in place (after your time, i think), for teams *in the same division*. seble apparently thinks the rule always was 1000 miles, regardless of division, but he just doesnt have the history on this one, and ignored the fact that tarek blatantly made it clear that he did not care about people having multiple teams per world over a period of many years.

and no colonels, it was not me who reported plumpy. i didn't spend a month and much political capitol fighting against the disruptive and sloppy implementation of the rule, to then rat folks out. besides, i still know of a ton of people in violation. if i wanted to inflict the same damage i suffered with my teams, on everyone else, out of spite or something, you'd have seen about 50 folks dealing with this situation when i was. just FYI plumy, my position was that if seble was going to start enforcing the rule differently than it had been in the past (which is unquestionably what the case was), existing teams only should have been grandfathered in - not for veteran coaches for ever - but only that if they had a pair of teams in violation, they could keep those 2 teams. once they wanted to move one, they couldnt carry that forward. this idea was rejected and then some. it was portrayed by some that those folks were blatant cheaters, when in reality the rule was long treated as a technicality, and as a result, some real weight should have been placed on the years (in some cases) that folks had put into building those programs. but there was 0 weight on that and it was basically talked about like those guys were just cheaters and would get what they deserved. that is what i was most upset about.

anyway, its not really a big deal, as long as you dont intentionally violate in the future at least. seble will just force you to move one of the teams of any violating pairs, and thats pretty much the end of it. his message makes it sound worse than it really is.
5/16/2015 3:19 AM (edited)
Soooo....can you have teams closer than 1000 miles in the same world but different Divisions???
5/17/2015 6:25 PM
Posted by Plumpy on 5/17/2015 6:25:00 PM (view original):
Soooo....can you have teams closer than 1000 miles in the same world but different Divisions???
no. well, if you are the honest type who never thought to hide your identities, then no. otherwise, you're good! isn't it great how that works?
5/17/2015 6:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15
Multiple teams in one world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.