coach_billyg - A Manefesto on 1st Class Usership Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/23/2013 1:43:00 PM (view original):
The rules been clear for awhile.   The whole "we don't need to follow the rules because....." argument seems silly to me.
and how do you handle people who are  following the rules, and have put a lot of effort into both teams, and then the rules change, making having those 2 teams not allowed? i believe my 2 teams pre-date the rule change. 

in the context of THIS IS A FOR FUN GAME AND NOTHING ELSE, i just cant see any justification for moving people who pre-date the rule. its debatable if the rule is reasonable, but i cant see how its remotely reasonable to move someone who was compliant before the rule change.
4/23/2013 1:49 PM
From the rules:

Hoops Dynasty & Gridiron Dynasty
More than one team in the same world
One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.
If an owner finds himself in this situation due to accident, he should submit a support ticket and request to have himself transferred to a different school or removed from the world.

4/23/2013 1:51 PM
i know how it reads, that doesnt have much to do with the points i was making...
4/23/2013 1:56 PM
The rules say you should submit a ticket and move.   You don't want to.   

That's what it boils down to.  It's not a clarity issue, itsa don't want to issue.
4/23/2013 2:00 PM (edited)
Would you want to, given the circumstances (IE he's been at both of those programs for a long time, in the 61st season at SIUE and 14th at South Carolina, and the thousand mile rule is only about a year old)?
4/23/2013 2:05 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/23/2013 2:00:00 PM (view original):
The rules say you should submit a ticket and move.   You don't want to.   

That's what it boils down to.  It's not a clarity issue, itsa don't want to issue.
thats what it boils down, to you. to me, it boils down to this is a for-fun game and its absolutely ridiculous to put the outside chance of preventing cheating above that simple fact. rules grandfather people in all the time, for good reason. and even without that, the rule defies the spirit of the game, which is to be a fun game for the users. i think seble simply overreacted to a couple isolated issues, as hes done many times before.

besides, you can't have a set of rules, that from top to bottom, are very unclear and enforced differently than they are written, and then pick out one part and go look, that must mean exactly what it says. that makes no sense.
4/23/2013 2:06 PM
He moved to South Carolina because he was at Cincinnatti right?   Didn't someone have a fit and he had to move?

It is what it is, there's a rule, it's not being followed.   There's a lot of things you can do but justifiying why the rules shouldn't apply to you is just silly IMO.

Billy think's he's right.  I don't.

4/23/2013 2:11 PM
He's been doing this for 3+ years...why now is everyone ******** about it?

This has witch hunt written all over it.

4/23/2013 2:16 PM
Three years, eleven months, whatever....never let facts get in the way of the truth right?
4/23/2013 2:22 PM
The 1,000 mile rules went into effect BECAUSE of Billy if I remember correctly.  MaybeI am making that up but I think he had to leave Cincinnatti  because the SEC blew up a while back.
4/23/2013 2:24 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/23/2013 2:16:00 PM (view original):
He's been doing this for 3+ years...why now is everyone ******** about it?

This has witch hunt written all over it.

+1
4/23/2013 2:24 PM
Worst thread ever...with the worst of the worst leading the charge.  Forgot how many of you clowns I had blocked.
4/23/2013 2:27 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/23/2013 2:12:00 PM (view original):
He moved to South Carolina because he was at Cincinnatti right?   Didn't someone have a fit and he had to move?

It is what it is, there's a rule, it's not being followed.   There's a lot of things you can do but justifiying why the rules shouldn't apply to you is just silly IMO.

Billy think's he's right.  I don't.

no, i picked up cincinnati on my gillispie ID, significantly after i had south carolina, thinking it was pretty far away. i knew it wasnt 1000 miles but i thought that was just an enforcement mechanism, and it didnt really matter if nobody cared. i should know, living in cincinatti, how close south carolina is, but to me, its a world away (and, i never competed with schools in that area, with south carolina, nor did i compete with south carolina schools when i had UK for many seasons, which is closer). 
4/23/2013 2:32 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/23/2013 2:24:00 PM (view original):
The 1,000 mile rules went into effect BECAUSE of Billy if I remember correctly.  MaybeI am making that up but I think he had to leave Cincinnatti  because the SEC blew up a while back.
that is completely false. i had nothing to do with that rule going into effect. i just had a team i picked up that was in violation and it caused a stir. nobody in either conference cared, if i remember correctly, but other people did (in particular, one guy with a specific agenda against me). once i realized how close it was, i asked to be removed, but im 99% sure it was coming anyway. seble didnt make it clear, he just removed me. 

the complain was between south carolina and cincinnati, nobody, even the people with an agenda against me, complained about SIUE. i had SIUE and UK pretty darn close for a couple years and nobody gave a ****. its really a stupid system, basically, if someone has something against you, you get dinged, and if not, you dont.
4/23/2013 2:34 PM
Sorry, I was mistaken.
4/23/2013 2:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...17 Next ▸
coach_billyg - A Manefesto on 1st Class Usership Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.