This thread is awesome by the way. Love the Princess Bride references...
4/18/2013 4:56 PM
Posted by irapost on 4/18/2013 4:18:00 PM (view original):
those coaches that have relatives in the same family using the same computer would be **** out of luck. In that case, and there are some that have played this sim for many years, without cheateing, would just have to either go to one username or quit the sim. I have visited with a coach that have a relative in the same household with 28 teams scattered through the worlds and divisions that do not cheat that would just drop out of the sim....28 teams to replace wouldn't be a good thing for the sim. Some real serious thinking needs to be taken before the sim is wrecked beyond recognition. As Woodrow Wilson's mother said, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water."

Sorry but this discussion has moved on to towards a classic cult film. Please see the other more "serious" threads for concern over multiple teams. 

Thanks, sincerely - thinair
4/18/2013 4:58 PM
"Seble, the site administrator, won't do anything about coaches having more than one team in a world and using recruiting info between these two teams because he is intimidated by the superegos of the super elite threatening him.

Ummmm...The issue came up and then the very next day he started a post about it.  It's called information gathering...ever hear of it?
4/18/2013 5:14 PM
Posted by pepwaves on 4/18/2013 4:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 4/18/2013 4:47:00 PM (view original):
he is either colonel19 or he isnt - its a 50-50 shot
Haha I was gonna say that...but I felt kinda bad since colonels seems like a decent guy.
colonel is a fine guy, I know he wont mind his name being taken in vain
4/18/2013 6:59 PM
Haha I was gonna say that...but I felt kinda bad since colonels seems like a decent guy.
He seems a decent fellow. I hate to kill him. 
4/18/2013 7:06 PM
aaahaha, classic. even though i like colonels now, i dont know if he can ever live that one down ;)

this craig guy (aka nachopuzzle?) does seem to be channeling a bit of old colonels though, doesnt he?
4/18/2013 7:07 PM
If you burn the alternative ID's at the stake and they die, then they are clearly not witches...
4/18/2013 7:22 PM
Posted by supersloth33 on 4/18/2013 7:22:00 PM (view original):
If you burn the alternative ID's at the stake and they die, then they are clearly not witches...
Build a bridge out of them!
4/18/2013 7:24 PM
There are so many threads about this that I'm not sure if this is the right thread anymore and I don't really care to look to see.  Given that this has to be taken at face value, I do not have an alternate ID.  That said,  I used to really suck at this simulation.  I've gotten better and my three teams in different worlds all have RPIs around the 20s.  I read the aejones thread, I talked to another coach who was like a mentor to me.  I have helped a coach through sitemail, even commented on particular recruits (in a world that I don't have a team).  I have also read the forums pretty extensively.  I have agreed with some posts disagreed with others.  Specifically, I have disagreed with coach billyg (not openly on the forums of course).  I have thought he sounded arrogant from time to time, but I still read what he had to say.  As I got better and more educated to the game, I started thinking he was less arrogant and more confident and accurate in his answers.  I may not have always liked the way somethings were stated, but I have always learned from what people have had to say.

So, long story short.  The people that have been accused of having huge egos and have hurt the game have actually done the exact opposite, IMHO.  I have learned from them and now I feel like I am competitive every season.  You don't have to cheat to have a good team, just be willing to learn. 

This has been so ridiculous.  One person got screwed over royally.  He complained to CS and they corrected the issue.......eventually.  This time the process worked!  New guys, stick with it, it will get better

Oh, and I can't believe nobody went with the classic Inigo Montoya line.

4/18/2013 7:38 PM
My balls aren't big enough to pull off anything Montoya says. 
4/18/2013 7:47 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
tbird, people are distracting from the OP of this thread because this is the third separate thread in the last two days containing the exact same argument. I think a lot of your points are wrong, but if you look through the other threads, you'll see plenty good arguments against your position. No need to rehash it all again. I do love a good debate though, so if you have counterpoints to the arguments being made, I'll gladly engage. 
4/18/2013 8:43 PM
I think the Princes Bride references have been made because this **** isn't important. I don't care if it is to you or anyone else. It is absolutely disgraceful to see people get worked up over this, ESPECIALLY with regards to what has happened within our nation this past week. I'm finding the forums both comical and sad today. Lots of good banter and then there are people like you who rhetoric leaves me wondering how on earth someone can be so caught up in this game. 

New guy can have an opinion, he does have an opinion and he can share that opinion. I so chose to comment on his opinion because I found it hilarious that someone created another thread to start a forum wide petition about something when he has only played 3 games. Did you know anything relative to how this game works one week in?

You talk about facts but you through out 5-6 statements that are anything but. 
4/18/2013 8:56 PM
Posted by mamxet on 4/18/2013 6:59:00 PM (view original):
colonel is a fine guy, I know he wont mind his name being taken in vain
You MFs lol...look...you either Make or you Miss....50...50 ;)
4/18/2013 9:06 PM
Posted by thinair on 4/18/2013 8:56:00 PM (view original):
I think the Princes Bride references have been made because this **** isn't important. I don't care if it is to you or anyone else. It is absolutely disgraceful to see people get worked up over this, ESPECIALLY with regards to what has happened within our nation this past week. I'm finding the forums both comical and sad today. Lots of good banter and then there are people like you who rhetoric leaves me wondering how on earth someone can be so caught up in this game. 

New guy can have an opinion, he does have an opinion and he can share that opinion. I so chose to comment on his opinion because I found it hilarious that someone created another thread to start a forum wide petition about something when he has only played 3 games. Did you know anything relative to how this game works one week in?

You talk about facts but you through out 5-6 statements that are anything but. 
I have played a game against you with my other username, thinair. And we've sent site mails back and forth. Between three teams, I've played a total of 37 games. See? I'm an expert. And you're entitled to disagree... Is it perhaps because you're playing 2 teams in 1 world?
4/18/2013 9:11 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.