So, you have three different aliases right now. How many full seasons have you played craig?

And if you don't mind sharing (not sure why you wouldn't, unless you have something to hide)...what are your other aliases?

4/18/2013 9:22 PM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/18/2013 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thinair on 4/18/2013 8:56:00 PM (view original):
I think the Princes Bride references have been made because this **** isn't important. I don't care if it is to you or anyone else. It is absolutely disgraceful to see people get worked up over this, ESPECIALLY with regards to what has happened within our nation this past week. I'm finding the forums both comical and sad today. Lots of good banter and then there are people like you who rhetoric leaves me wondering how on earth someone can be so caught up in this game. 

New guy can have an opinion, he does have an opinion and he can share that opinion. I so chose to comment on his opinion because I found it hilarious that someone created another thread to start a forum wide petition about something when he has only played 3 games. Did you know anything relative to how this game works one week in?

You talk about facts but you through out 5-6 statements that are anything but. 
I have played a game against you with my other username, thinair. And we've sent site mails back and forth. Between three teams, I've played a total of 37 games. See? I'm an expert. And you're entitled to disagree... Is it perhaps because you're playing 2 teams in 1 world?
Yes, I figured as much as it was you. And I'd happily continue to help answer any questions through site mail. Nope, only three teams in three different worlds. I'm actually against having multiple teams in a world. See my post in the main thread. I voted no. I like the reality aspect of having to move on from a team. I enjoy pretending that "thinair" is a real coach. Given...a real coach in three different worlds. 

So you, after admittance of having another username are going to call me out for playing 2 teams in 1 world when I am not....bahahahahha. That is hilarious. Why on earth do you have multiple usernames? Weird. 

But I will take back the part about you and the 3 games played. Not that one season is enough to be an expert, but alas it's much better than 3 games. Fair enough. 

4/18/2013 9:32 PM
Posted by pepwaves on 4/18/2013 9:22:00 PM (view original):

So, you have three different aliases right now. How many full seasons have you played craig?

And if you don't mind sharing (not sure why you wouldn't, unless you have something to hide)...what are your other aliases?

I think I've been pretty clear in every post I've posted.... Coaching two teams in one world is ridiculous and should stop. That's been my point. I haven't once argued that multiple aliases needs to stop. Others have on these posts. I have not.

I have a team in Knight and a team in Allen under craigaltonw. I have a team in Smith under craigcoug. And I will start play in a couple weeks in Wooden (I think it's Wooden, at least) under byucraig. I don't plan on keeping that team for more than a season which will take me back down to the two usernames. Not sure why any of this information is at all important but there you have it.
4/19/2013 12:46 AM
I think the Princes Bride references have been made because this **** isn't important. I don't care if it is to you or anyone else. It is absolutely disgraceful to see people get worked up over this, ESPECIALLY with regards to what has happened within our nation this past week. I'm finding the forums both comical and sad today. Lots of good banter and then there are people like you who rhetoric leaves me wondering how on earth someone can be so caught up in this game. 

New guy can have an opinion, he does have an opinion and he can share that opinion. I so chose to comment on his opinion because I found it hilarious that someone created another thread to start a forum wide petition about something when he has only played 3 games. Did you know anything relative to how this game works one week in?

A laughable point. "Boston got bombed so WIS is now too trivial for me to care about." Why are you on it? Why are you spending these precious moments of your time reading a pointless forum on a stupid website that is just a game that none of us should care about?

And yet, we do. You cared enough to post and announce to us all just how much you don't care... and to also throw in a few insults about how I am an idiot not qualified to have an opinion.

It's all good though, you don't care. Thank you for sharing.

4/19/2013 12:54 AM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/19/2013 12:54:00 AM (view original):

A laughable point. "Boston got bombed so WIS is now too trivial for me to care about." Why are you on it? Why are you spending these precious moments of your time reading a pointless forum on a stupid website that is just a game that none of us should care about?

And yet, we do. You cared enough to post and announce to us all just how much you don't care... and to also throw in a few insults about how I am an idiot not qualified to have an opinion.

I don't think it's that people don't care.  I think it's that people don't care what you think.  Why?  Because you speak in absolutes.  This isn't even remotely a black and white issue no matter how hard you try to make it one.  And those who speak only in absolutes are rarely worth listening to.  (Notice I said rarely, not never)
4/19/2013 12:58 AM
Against better judgement I'm going to reply to you.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. 

Call it laughable, I stand by it. That happens daily. I try to look at life from that perspective. The other day I got a flat tire, sure I was ****** but then I realized that in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that big of a deal. 

I'm on it because I like this game. I enjoy playing it, but at the end of the day the game isn't of serious importance to me. That's like telling me I shouldn't waste my time playing monopoly because it's not important to me. I like playing monopoly but it would be idiotic in my eyes to get truly upset at any point during the game.

Again, I like to discuss things. I didn't say I didn't care about the game. Again, reading comprehension. I said that this game wasn't important. 

Please tell me where I called you an idiot.
Please tell me where I said you weren't qualified to have an opinion, because i think in my very last post I said the exact words to contradict that. 

I'm on this site a ton. My work revolves around a computer. Never once did I say I don't care about it I just said in the sense of the world this game is not important. I suppose that is a matter of preference but to me in my mind it's almost factual. 

If you have anything else to say I'd appreciate you sitemailing me because your last post you simply made **** up out of "thin air". 

^^^ See what I did there. But seriously, let's be friends again. 
4/19/2013 1:10 AM
Posted by ll316 on 4/19/2013 12:58:00 AM (view original):

I don't think it's that people don't care.  I think it's that people don't care what you think.  Why?  Because you speak in absolutes.  This isn't even remotely a black and white issue no matter how hard you try to make it one.  And those who speak only in absolutes are rarely worth listening to.  (Notice I said rarely, not never)
Black, white, blue or purple... Customer support justifies sitting around and doing nothing about this issue because only 45% want multiple teams to stop. Customer support is ignoring that only 15% in their poll want things to stay exactly as they are. Yet, that is what's going to happen (at least according to the open ticket I have with them). "The 15% win. We're going to do nothing to change this."

That is not acceptable. 85% of the poll wants to see a change from the way things are now. So you can sit there and not care what I think. Customer support can try and sit around and not care. We wouldn't have three extremely long threads active on this issue if WIS users didn't care. And customer support shouldn't think for one second they can put this out there and ask our opinions and then get away with sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

4/19/2013 1:20 AM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/19/2013 12:46:00 AM (view original):

I think I've been pretty clear in every post I've posted.... Coaching two teams in one world is ridiculous and should stop. That's been my point. I haven't once argued that multiple aliases needs to stop. Others have on these posts. I have not.

I have a team in Knight and a team in Allen under craigaltonw. I have a team in Smith under craigcoug. And I will start play in a couple weeks in Wooden (I think it's Wooden, at least) under byucraig. I don't plan on keeping that team for more than a season which will take me back down to the two usernames. Not sure why any of this information is at all important but there you have it.
That info isn't important. Just curious.

Look...as a new user here, you have demonstrated a lot of eagerness to learn the game and have asked a ton of great questions (under your craigaltonw alias). Just some advice. Take that same inquisitive/learning stance in this multiple aliases/world issue. You've rubbed some people wrong (myself included) by acting like you know the ins and the outs of this game, while also questioning the integrity of well respected people in this community.

You certainly have the right to express yourself. But I just encourage you to take a step back and focus on learning this game rather than hurling accusations and trying to get people to sign a petition to strike down the "super elite." 

Hope you stick around and keep asking those questions. 

4/19/2013 1:27 AM
Posted by pepwaves on 4/19/2013 1:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by craigcoug on 4/19/2013 12:46:00 AM (view original):

That info isn't important. Just curious.

Look...as a new user here, you have demonstrated a lot of eagerness to learn the game and have asked a ton of great questions (under your craigaltonw alias). Just some advice. Take that same inquisitive/learning stance in this multiple aliases/world issue. You've rubbed some people wrong (myself included) by acting like you know the ins and the outs of this game, while also questioning the integrity of well respected people in this community.

You certainly have the right to express yourself. But I just encourage you to take a step back and focus on learning this game rather than hurling accusations and trying to get people to sign a petition to strike down the "super elite." 

Hope you stick around and keep asking those questions. 

Without a better customer support I probably won't be sticking around long. You can all breathe a sigh of relief.

And a word to the "super elite".  BillyG's words rubbed me the wrong way. He seemed to be clearly stating that he and other elites were above the law, in fact, that they make the law. "How can WIS afford to lose our teams?" And that attitude sucks. I don't care how good a coach you are.

I have sent him an apology for misunderstanding his post. It can be difficult to sifter through the arrogant tone to just about everything he posts but I do admit that I misunderstood his statement and I apologize for that.

I have been accused of not knowing how incredible he is, not doing my homework or reading any of his advice. I have read all of aejones. I've read all of billyG. Their advice has helped me just like it's helped the rest of you. The issue I have is not with them but with customer support. And the feeling I have is that customer support bends over backwards to do whatever the super-elites want them to do. Yes, I'm new. But all of the evidence points to that.
4/19/2013 1:41 AM
Craig, if you stick around longer, you'll find that CS doesn't bend over backwards for anyone... "super-elite" or otherwise. The complaints you have with CS are shared by pretty much the whole community. ;) 
4/19/2013 2:21 AM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/19/2013 1:20:00 AM (view original):

Black, white, blue or purple... Customer support justifies sitting around and doing nothing about this issue because only 45% want multiple teams to stop. Customer support is ignoring that only 15% in their poll want things to stay exactly as they are. Yet, that is what's going to happen (at least according to the open ticket I have with them). "The 15% win. We're going to do nothing to change this."

That is not acceptable. 85% of the poll wants to see a change from the way things are now. So you can sit there and not care what I think. Customer support can try and sit around and not care. We wouldn't have three extremely long threads active on this issue if WIS users didn't care. And customer support shouldn't think for one second they can put this out there and ask our opinions and then get away with sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

You're dead wrong. The 15% aren't winning. If you knew the game at all, you'd know that the current rules say that teams in the same world have to be 1,000 miles apart. Just add it to the vast, ever expanding list of things you don't yet know/understand. It's not even your fault -- you're too new, how could you? But what's beyond silly is to strut around acting as though you have a real understanding ... and not just an understanding, but such a firm, incontrovertible one that anyone who dares disagree with you is dismissed as a buffoon.

It's like a kindergartner wandering into a PhD lecture and immediately proclaiming everyone else an idiot. Good stuff.

4/19/2013 8:39 PM (edited)
Customer support is ignoring that only 15% in their poll want things to stay exactly as they are.
You keep failing to comprehend a basic fact here: "Allow multiple teams as long as they are 1000 miles apart" IS THE STATUS QUO.  You persist in pretending that it's not, but it is.  Please stop being so dense.

(Or, see above.)

4/19/2013 10:22 AM (edited)
Customer support?  That's what this is all about?  The Irony there is almost painfully funny. Has anyone on this site, "elite" or not EVER received a satisfactory response to even the simplest question on a 1st attempt ticket?  I don't know of anyone on this site who feels that CS does a good job of actually dealing with whatever any problem happens to be. They will almost always give you something that seems to be a prepared answer they read off of a memo or something. At times, the responses seem to be being made about an unrelated incident, rather than the one you sent the ticket for.

Customer support here is a joke and it doesn't matter if you've spent $12 or $10,000, to them, we are all just rubes to be fobbed off with the most inane answer they can dream up and good riddance. Anything that requires them to actually do more that type an answer to you is going to take MANY tickets to accomplish. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. Although, they did manage to outdo themselves in incompetence with this latest recruiting fiasco, most of us see that as CS being their normal selves, but maybe just a little more dense and obtuse.

Now, I'm not saying you will never be helped when you need help from CS, but it's not going to quickly and if it's time sensitive, you are probably going to regret whatever the issue is all the more, but eventually you'll get your answer.

4/19/2013 3:22 PM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/19/2013 1:20:00 AM (view original):

Oh, so they made a decision then?  When did this happen?
4/19/2013 5:18 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/19/2013 10:22:00 AM (view original):
Customer support is ignoring that only 15% in their poll want things to stay exactly as they are.
You keep failing to comprehend a basic fact here: "Allow multiple teams as long as they are 1000 miles apart" IS THE STATUS QUO.  You persist in pretending that it's not, but it is.  Please stop being so dense.

(Or, see above.)

+1
4/19/2013 5:19 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.