All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > LOL the more we try to change the same it becomes.
4/18/2013 10:40 PM
Had a really good season ruined by a really crappy SIM.  Some things just refuse to change.
4/18/2013 11:28 PM
You do realize your team is no where as good as a team that has 4 full years of your own recruits....give it a rest until you have at least some juniors or seniors that you recruited!
4/19/2013 7:51 AM
Grindi I agree.  Jfoot, it shouldn't matter whether or not you recruited your upperclassmen.  If they're better than the other teams upperclassmen, they should win if your gameplan is correct.  I lost 2 days ago in DII Romero (the only game in 2 beta seasons that I've lost to a sim team) and my team was clearly better across the board, with the only exception at TE, where the sim had a 1 point advantage.  Test games had me dominating the sim, yet in the actual game, he threw all over the field on me for 330 yards, even though my D was set to 100% pass on everything except 1st and 2nd and short.  It's still a work in progress, so hopefully it will get there, but you can't attribute losses to who recruited the players...  Better players should win, regardless of who recruited them.    There's no way my 89 SPD WR and solid DII QB with above average attributes should be shut down by 64 SPD jag DBs, regardless of whether or not a sim recruited both.  And there's no way that my DBs (my slowest starting DB was faster than all but one of his WR's) with solid TKL and TECH should have been manhandled for 330 yards when I'm pretty much set up for all pass...   Have to disagree about juniors and seniors.  One of the big pushes in getting a new sim engine was to make talent matter.  Talent is talent, regardless of who recruited it, and right now, that's still out of whack.

And no, I'm not saying talent should just arbitrarily win, but it should NOT get dominated, especailly when gameplanned properly.
4/19/2013 12:05 PM
You guys realize this is the purpose of beta.  If there is something that is off, it needs to be worked on and getting many people looking at many situations will tell us where things need to be adjusted.  I would have to look at individual games to see where things are or are not matching up, but if I don't know about the games, I can't look at them.
4/19/2013 12:25 PM
Yes, I think we all realize that, but we're still all a bunch of competitive mofo's, even if it doesn't count ;)
4/19/2013 11:19 PM (edited)
Norbert I realize very well what the Beta is "supposed" to do.  But if you haven't addressed the horribly outlandish randomness of its predecessor then all you have done is put bells and whistles on the same crappy game it was.  Sorry but that is how I view the old game and if you guys don't like it too bad.  There is no way a superior team should be beaten by a SIM. .  A 100+ team has absolutely no business winning a game like that especially a SIM.   My Argento team got beat by a horrible SIM.  As manowar says, you destroy a team in the test time after time and then the real game comes and you lose?  To a SIM?  BS.  To a human would be iffy.  No amount of game planning should overcome a huge talent gap. The way it is Chapman would beat Ohio State 1 out of 10 times.  Again BS.  That is why I quit purchasing seasons and quit the game.  So far I see NO difference in the randomness.  I've said the same thing ever since the test games were allowed to be played.  How can you play the test games and beat a team by 30-40 points 10 times in a row and then get beat twice by 20 when neither team made any changes?  This is what it is like.  Ohio State plays Chapman and every single player on Ohio State has the flu.  In GD Chapman would kick their ***.  In real life the OSU guys could be on their death beds and still pull out the win.
4/20/2013 12:36 PM
I disagree its as bad as it is in the current engine, but I do agree that I often test games where one game I win by 45, the next I lose by 20. That is a LOT of variability. The better team more consistently wins, but unless its a DII team against a mid to low DIII team there is no winning even 95% of the time in a test game. But, at the same time...if he fixes that (if its possible) does that mean that the players rushing for 3k rushing yards are going to rush for 6k now? I believe everyone thinks it is simple, but to take out variability too much leads to major imbalances as well. 
4/20/2013 4:20 PM
In Bava my conf had all humans but 1.  last season was all humans.  Guess what?  The CC was played between a human and the SIM.  TOTALLY unacceptable.  Badaxe won the CC and rightfully so as he has the best team in the conf but that SIM even getting there is a disgrace. Sorry but humans pay the bills.  There should be no way a SIM beats a human.  Even if the human is learning.  That SIM went 7-1 in conf play against humans.  What is wrong with this picture?
4/20/2013 4:22 PM
Poor Coaching?
4/20/2013 8:12 PM
Uhh... I beat the number 1 team in the nation today in DII Romero in the final conference game...  we finished with the same record at 11-2 overall and both 6-2 in conference and the sim only dropped to number 2 and he goes to the CC game not me?  Seems that same records would come down to head to head play to me.
4/20/2013 10:25 PM
grindi...if the sim team is 75 places better team then the human...should the human still win? I don't get your point atm. 
4/21/2013 2:51 PM
I don't know about humans and sims.  It would seem that bad matchups should lead to losses regardless of who is coaching, human or otherwise.  However, I agree that there is still quite a bit of variability in the engine.  Test games don't seem very consistent.     
4/21/2013 6:15 PM (edited)
I can't look at your Argento team (because I followed the instructions and only took one team), but looking at the Bava NJAC conference you're in, I don't understand why you're whining. The SIM in question was in a soft division. It lucked into one win against a team over .500, but the rest of it's schedule was a bunch of cupcakes. It went 1-4 against teams with winning records. If you're interested, though, I've got a DOS copy of Tecmo Bowl archived somewhere...

P.S. The Ohio State-Chapman game tests out to a final score of 116.2 to 0.9

4/21/2013 6:00 PM
Guy's, this is BETA!!!!!! We are testing the engine to help make it better, but if all we do is continue to whine and complain about why we get our butts kicked (and by the way, it seems like it's the same coaches that are always getting it kicked and then blaming the engine) instead of letting norbert know there may be a problem, and where the problem is, how are we helping? How is the game going to get better? Sorry if I'm coming on too strong, but testing this engine and letting norbert know the results and where any problems are is important to me. I, like many other coaches, am spending time out of my day to help make this a better game, and I feel like anyone that is involved in beta should be here for one reason and one reason ONLY...to help norbert and the other coaches work together to improve GD. If you can't do that then why are you here, just to get some free play?
4/21/2013 8:56 PM
well srodz who has always been an *** to me.....I didn't pick any teams.  I wasn't going to do any of this.  They were picked by someone else and I was convinced to do it by him and some others.  There are some of us who don't kiss WIS's *** and give honest opinions and actual feedback.  My opinion and others who are more sensitive to your types of mouth think it is the same game with bells and whistles.  What has changed in the recruiting?  You still have to spend way too much money to drive off SIMs.  What has changed in the play of the game?  You still have SIMs going to Conf finals and the game still has huge upsets.  So what is the difference?  So far it is the same circus just a different tent.
of 6
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > LOL the more we try to change the same it becomes.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.