These Threads... Topic

No, what I'm saying is, because a user has 2 teams in the same world (whether within the mileage range or not) doesn't automatically make them a "cheater".  I think a lot of newer users are turning this into a bit of a witch hunt because the one guy got his guys poached (he didn't deserve them back, I think he rested on his laurels too much with his A+ prestige and pouted when he lost his guys).

A lot of the people ******** about the practice(s) going on (or not going on) don't have a lot of game experience, so it discredits and devalues their argument into sour grapes or them trying to blame their lack of success on something outside of their control.  The lack of one's own accountability is what's really getting me here...worry about your own teams.

4/21/2013 2:01 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/21/2013 1:27:00 PM (view original):
This is the anti-******** thread.  Note that I put "cheaters" in quotes because I don't consider having multiple teams in one world cheating, whether they're using 1 team to supplement the other or not, it's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.  I could "cheat" tomorrow and you'd never know about it...I just see no need at the moment, and I find the logging in and out to be more of a pain in the *** than the FSS benefit that I could/might get.  Just the way some of the guys are carrying on about this is unreal, so I thought I'd pipe up and help remind people to look at the big picture here.

My point overall is that you make your own success in this game, and that there are too many solutions to this "problem" to be going around asking for the (second) heads of billyg, girt, alblack, emy, a in the b, etc, etc, etc...if anything, when I see them or their aliai in a world, I perk up.  These guys aren't good because they "cheat" (again, I'm not even inferring that they do), they're good because they've cut their teeth for years on this game, figured out what works and what doesn't, and have made a pretty good HD plot for themselves.  Nothing is preventing YOU from doing the same exact thing.  The playing field IS even...get your levels out, and you'll see. 

The circular arguments that fail to discuss resolutions are very annoying, and this is my black-gloved fist against it/them.

I don't want to get into a huge debate here, but I have to address one thing. Having multiple teams in a world is not necessarily cheating. Using one of your teams to look at FSS for your other team is ABSOLUTELY cheating. If people are doing that, the field is not level. I don't know how anyone can argue this point.

Regarding me figuring out what works and what doesn't: I may not be a HD legend or a forum regular but I think I've done pretty well. I have one team, no aliases, and that team recently won a national title and has finished in the top 15 for eight consecutive seasons. I'm not some losing coach complaining because I can't win. Just a guy who really likes HD and wants to beat other good coaches fair and square.
4/21/2013 3:50 PM
ll and mrg are missing the larger point, which is that overreacting to this "cheating" issue is counterproductive.  

Focusing on closing every possible loophole in the game is a waste of time. 

Worrying about this particular loophole is even more of a waste of time when those that play the game can't even agree on how the proper way to close it.

Also, focusing on retroactively taking away multiple usernames in the same world will ostracize some users that have brought a lot to the WIS community (most of which are probably not cheating) and is truly difficult to enforce. The honest users with 2 usernames would be the ones that would comply, and would be very upset at losing teams that they built. Those few morons that are cheating will find a way around the new policy anyway.  It would do no good. 

mrg is right that it's very possible to win with one alias. I have won titles with one alias and never felt at a disadvantage. colonels is right, these are circular arguments. 

4/21/2013 4:43 PM
Posted by bbunch on 4/21/2013 4:43:00 PM (view original):
ll and mrg are missing the larger point, which is that overreacting to this "cheating" issue is counterproductive.  

Focusing on closing every possible loophole in the game is a waste of time. 

Worrying about this particular loophole is even more of a waste of time when those that play the game can't even agree on how the proper way to close it.

Also, focusing on retroactively taking away multiple usernames in the same world will ostracize some users that have brought a lot to the WIS community (most of which are probably not cheating) and is truly difficult to enforce. The honest users with 2 usernames would be the ones that would comply, and would be very upset at losing teams that they built. Those few morons that are cheating will find a way around the new policy anyway.  It would do no good. 

mrg is right that it's very possible to win with one alias. I have won titles with one alias and never felt at a disadvantage. colonels is right, these are circular arguments. 

I get what you're saying, but I don't think I'm overreacting as I'm not suggesting any WIS policy change at all. I'm not suggesting we take away everyone's multiple usernames (I agree that lots of honest people would be collateral damage in that scenario). I only entered the thread to respond to someone who said using one team to look at FSS for another team is not cheating. That definitely is cheating. Anyone who does that is a cheater. I understand it's next to impossible to catch people doing it, but it's still cheating.

I just didn't want new coaches to read this thread and think that was accepted behavior.
4/21/2013 5:46 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/21/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
No, what I'm saying is, because a user has 2 teams in the same world (whether within the mileage range or not) doesn't automatically make them a "cheater".  I think a lot of newer users are turning this into a bit of a witch hunt because the one guy got his guys poached (he didn't deserve them back, I think he rested on his laurels too much with his A+ prestige and pouted when he lost his guys).

A lot of the people ******** about the practice(s) going on (or not going on) don't have a lot of game experience, so it discredits and devalues their argument into sour grapes or them trying to blame their lack of success on something outside of their control.  The lack of one's own accountability is what's really getting me here...worry about your own teams.

It doesn't matter how long a person has been playing this game for them to have "credit" for their opinion. That is the exact kind of thinking from vets of the game that saw a lot of newcomers quickly leave the game. The arrogance of that sentence makes me cringe.

If someone new has an issue with it, the easiest thing to do is point out to them what the rule is (1,000 miles and no sharing FSS). If you cannot do that in a polite way, I would also suggest you go get a CAT scan. If they have further issue with it, that is what CS is for.
4/21/2013 6:01 PM
◂ Prev 12
These Threads... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.