Taking a moment to be positive. Topic

I, like so many others, have been critical of certain issues regarding HD. I have often been remiss, however, underscoring the fact that with all its warts, this game has been superbly conceived and entertains me as much as ever. We do the new players an injustice if we don't point that out more.

There is no parallel to HD for me.  I hope that we come across to WIS as anxious for them to take advantage of opportunities to make a very enjoyable game outstanding. 

4/20/2013 6:24 PM
HD is undoubtedly the best college basketball game out there, I'd also claim it as the best game on the internet, and would go as far as saying that it's currently my favorite game across any platform/console/genre/time frame.  The game is tight.

4/20/2013 6:33 PM
It is an incredible game and I've been playing it on and off for a long time.  I was a user here as it was released and remember it's inception.  With as good as it is now, I feel bad for newer players that never played in worlds with full D3's and D2's....it was even more fun with it like that if you could believe it
4/20/2013 7:25 PM
Posted by rsvphr on 4/20/2013 6:24:00 PM (view original):
I, like so many others, have been critical of certain issues regarding HD. I have often been remiss, however, underscoring the fact that with all its warts, this game has been superbly conceived and entertains me as much as ever. We do the new players an injustice if we don't point that out more.

There is no parallel to HD for me.  I hope that we come across to WIS as anxious for them to take advantage of opportunities to make a very enjoyable game outstanding. 

Absolutely. It's already excellent, and many of us have ideas as to how to make it better......and it sounds like bickering quite often. 
4/20/2013 8:03 PM
Posted by metsmaniac2 on 4/20/2013 7:25:00 PM (view original):
It is an incredible game and I've been playing it on and off for a long time.  I was a user here as it was released and remember it's inception.  With as good as it is now, I feel bad for newer players that never played in worlds with full D3's and D2's....it was even more fun with it like that if you could believe it
I wasn't around in the early days, but playing in full worlds would be AWESOME.  The best advice I can give to noobs would be to find a relatively full conference and join it.  The fuller the better.  Playing in full conferences is MUCH more fun.  I was an active recruiter of coaches in Iba to fill up the D2 Heartland, and now that it is full I love it that much more.  I play in 4 worlds and in 3 of them I'm in full conferences and the 4th is 9 out of 12.  A full conference is awesome.  I can't even imagine how awesome a full world would be.

I floated the idea a year or so ago about trying to fill up a D3 in one of the one-a-day worlds (my work schedule is too busy for the 2-a-day worlds) but it didn't get much traction.  There are a lot of great coaches here.  I would love it if we could find a way to get a lot of good coaches together, pick a world and fill up D3 with the intention on all moving on to D2 or D1.
4/20/2013 8:19 PM
hey mduncan try DIII Wooden - there are 7 mostly full conferences and a lot of excellent coaches and competition
4/20/2013 8:30 PM
What he said. We'd love to have to in the USA South. 
4/20/2013 11:09 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/20/2013 6:33:00 PM (view original):
HD is undoubtedly the best college basketball game out there, I'd also claim it as the best game on the internet, and would go as far as saying that it's currently my favorite game across any platform/console/genre/time frame.  The game is tight.

Would second, except I do love me some My Player in NBA 2k13 and RTTS in MLB 2012, but definitley right up there. Despite its faults still one of the most realistic simulators out there.
4/21/2013 12:15 AM
Ahhh, I haven't played those games, but I find that I don't like the newer games of today.  I haven't played a lot of them, but I certainly feel that the NCAA Footballs and the Maddens have gone downhill since about 2005/2006.  The Formula One games are cool, I have F1 2011 and F1 Race Stars, but I really need a wheel to play those, well the first one effectively.
4/21/2013 12:31 AM
Yeah, I'm not wasting my money on NCAA Football 14. 11, 12, 13 have all been essentially the same game.
4/21/2013 9:33 AM
Posted by hobobilly on 4/21/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, I'm not wasting my money on NCAA Football 14. 11, 12, 13 have all been essentially the same game.
I wish I could say the same - I live for the little tweaks in recruiting, and apparently they're adapting Madden's infinity-engine this year, which I really liked. EA Sports has me by the short ones on NCAA and Madden on a yearly basis, and it's not worth saving a few bucks for me not to play games that I like on principle.
4/21/2013 9:50 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 4/20/2013 6:33:00 PM (view original):

+1 

I do play NBA 2K13 My player though, and I love that too. But HD/HBD have no equal IMO
4/21/2013 12:28 PM
I like being able to play against other humans in WIS, but I would love to have a one person version available where you could play non-stop.  If your family leaves for a long weekend (like mine did this weekend) I would love to hunker down and crank out a few seasons.  Kind of like strato matic with recruiting.  By the way, if none of you have ever played strato matic baseball, football or basketball you are really missing out.
4/21/2013 1:29 PM
Posted by uwrjl93 on 4/21/2013 1:29:00 PM (view original):
I like being able to play against other humans in WIS, but I would love to have a one person version available where you could play non-stop.  If your family leaves for a long weekend (like mine did this weekend) I would love to hunker down and crank out a few seasons.  Kind of like strato matic with recruiting.  By the way, if none of you have ever played strato matic baseball, football or basketball you are really missing out.
That would be awesome if they had a "take home" version of HD...I'd probably turn into that kid that played video games like 4 days straight and was suffering from dehydration and sleep depro lol.
4/21/2013 1:31 PM
Posted by bbunch on 4/20/2013 8:30:00 PM (view original):
hey mduncan try DIII Wooden - there are 7 mostly full conferences and a lot of excellent coaches and competition
+1
4/21/2013 1:56 PM
12 Next ▸
Taking a moment to be positive. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.