Online games like HD Topic

I was wondering if anyone knew any online games like HD they dnt have to be as good but I just want a fun game to play like HD.
4/21/2013 2:04 PM
It's funny, there used to be a sportssim.com or sportsim.com that had an HD-styled CBB game, it was terrible, I played it in 2010?  I chided their game on their boards, paid like $5, and not surprising to me at all, the site no longer exists LOFL!

Note at the time I was looking for a game to unseat HD...the setup was very similar, but from what I remember, recruiting sucked and the game was incredibly erratic, especially in terms of game simulation...and this wasn't long after the Montevallo incident.

4/21/2013 2:23 PM (edited)
Hattrick has a great (and free) soccer sim
4/21/2013 3:15 PM
If you like baseball, Out of the Park Basebal (OOTP) is by far the best I've ever played. It may also be the best sports simulation out there...but I do really love HD. You can play solo or online by joining one of the many leagues that have been created by users. 

They just came out with a new version in the last few weeks too. 
4/21/2013 4:13 PM
I agree OOTP is the best baseball sim out there.

My opinion on the best sports simulations:
1)HD
2)FOF... The 2002 EA version - then Solecismic started  putting it out themselves and the future releases got far worse. Too bad it's not available anymore since EA has the rights. For its time it was unbelievably good.
3)OOTP... I've only played the 2012 version. Very very good.
4/21/2013 5:12 PM
I'm a fan of the Baseball Mogul series which you can download the 2009 game/season free at sportsmogul.com.  My brother and I played that game when/since it came out in 1998 or 1999, it's really cool, you can control any franchise and start it from any year from 1901-present...real players, amateur draft, free agency, etc.  The game is super addicting and I can run 20+ seasons in one sitting, not necessarily because it's fast, it's because I'm that hooked.

The boxing simulation game on OOTP is pretty tight though, Title Bout Championship Boxing...maybe the best sim game ever.

EDIT: The folks at Sports Mogul were set to release a (Pro) Basketball Mogul game in 2008 or 2009 but then they decided to scrap it.  They have baseball and football games, but I find the baseball one to be much more fun.

4/21/2013 5:17 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 4/21/2013 5:13:00 PM (view original):
I agree OOTP is the best baseball sim out there.

My opinion on the best sports simulations:
1)HD
2)FOF... The 2002 EA version - then Solecismic started  putting it out themselves and the future releases got far worse. Too bad it's not available anymore since EA has the rights. For its time it was unbelievably good.
3)OOTP... I've only played the 2012 version. Very very good.
Man...what a blast from the past. FOF was indeed awesome. I really wish someone still made that game. Not really any good football sims out there...
4/21/2013 5:18 PM
Baseball Mogul was a good game. I started on that before I played OOTP. After OOTP however, no other game could compare...
4/21/2013 5:19 PM
I guess I'm in the minority that actually preferred Baseball Mogul to OOTP.
4/21/2013 5:24 PM
I couldn't get into OOTP...what is FOF?

I've played a few football simulators, never really found anything I liked...Most recently I've played 2nd and Ten Football made by some dude from Britain...it was ok I guess.  Has anyone played the Professional Football Simulator by Barcode Games?  I could never get the free trial to work on my comp...seems like it'd be cool...I'd probably buy it if I heard/saw a ringing endorsement.

4/21/2013 5:25 PM
greydog software makes a college bball and fball. 

**edit**

you said online, i dont think they're online, i think its just you vs the computer

4/22/2013 1:45 AM
FOF is Front Office Football. You can still buy the 2007 version it looks like. 

OOTP is absolutely amazing online. Such a great, active community and so much customization for each league. I played in an online league from 2002 to about 2007 that was based in a made up world. The commissioner created the entire world (continents, cities), names, history, etc and it was awesome. If you just play solo, I could see why you'd think Mogul is better. But, nothing could beat the online immersion that OOTP offered. 
4/22/2013 2:23 AM
I have OOTP but have never played online. Anyone interested in getting a league together?
4/22/2013 2:58 AM
I never played FOF, but I did play the College version, that was addictive for a long time.  Baseball mogul was big for me for a long time, very customizeable and addicting.  I've gotten the Grey Dog college bball game, but just wasn't as addicting for me on the demo.

There's really not that many great sports sims, especially if you're looking for college versions.  I usually wind up on the PS3 for most things like that, HD has been a shining light for me hehe.

4/22/2013 9:29 AM
ootp is very very detailed. I love it, but it's too much for me to handle. especially as an MLB manager, injuries everywhere, signing, happiness, leadership qualities, etc. 
4/22/2013 11:14 AM
12 Next ▸
Online games like HD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.