OT: J-E-T-S suck - suck - suck! Topic

Lifelong Jets fan here...granted I'm 25 so lifetime doesn't say as much as it does for other Jets fans here I'm sure.

There is no way the 13th pick is equal value for Revis (the 3rd rounder next season we would've gotten as a compensatory pick for losing Revis as a free agent so it's basically the 13th pick for Revis) BUT given our current situation, this was the best thing we could have done.

Because we spent so much money on Cromartie and Holmes (and Sanchez for the immediate future) there was absolutely no way we could have signed Revis without somehow dumping Cromartie and Holmes. A first rounder for Revis is probably better than nothing for Cro/Holmes.

I've liked all the free agent signings this offseason. All great value. However, I would be pretty surprised if we finished above 7-9. It's a shame, too, since despite his big mouth, Rex is one hell of a defensive coach. The defense will be top-10, maybe top-5 in DVOA this year in spite of no Revis and no LaRon Landry. Rex will probably be fired this year and Idzik will probably not hire a coach that's any better.

My current sentiment is emotionally upset but cautiously optimistic above the long-run.

On a side-note, while it has been painful to be a Jets fan at times (especially before my time) they're not one of the putrid NFL franchises. They made 2 championship games in a row for pete's sake. It's more painful to lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs with Doug Brien missing two field goals than it is to finish 5-11 every year, but it's a sign of a better franchise to simply make the playoffs semi-regularly over that span.

Nobody whose team has made the Super Bowl in the past 15 years can say they have it worse than the Jets (ahem Panthers, Cardinals)...but the Jets do not have it the worst. By far.
4/22/2013 10:47 AM
I'm only a 24 yearold Jets fan so I haven't had to deal with the longtime pain as my dad has. I have mixed feelings on the deal but at the end of the day, Woody Johnson was never gonna pay Revis so the deal is good enough for me. Jets will probably find a way to struggle and still not get Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Heisman.
4/22/2013 1:48 PM
Posted by isack24 on 4/21/2013 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/21/2013 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/21/2013 7:37:00 PM (view original):
they still dont suck as bad as the bengals :(
Bengals have played in a SB in my lifetime. Your argument is invalid.
If you're 43, Super Bowl III must have been close!
1 year too late...
4/22/2013 3:44 PM
Posted by slicknick777 on 4/22/2013 1:48:00 PM (view original):
I'm only a 24 yearold Jets fan so I haven't had to deal with the longtime pain as my dad has. I have mixed feelings on the deal but at the end of the day, Woody Johnson was never gonna pay Revis so the deal is good enough for me. Jets will probably find a way to struggle and still not get Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Heisman.
I would love to get Bridgewater...but you're right. the problem is, Rex is a bit too competent and there's no way we win less than 5. No way.
4/22/2013 4:26 PM
Posted by arssanguinus on 4/21/2013 10:32:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't Oakland even get into that conversation?
the raiders? i mean, theyve been awful lately, but long-term, are they even in the discussion for the worst NFL team? im not a football buff but i wouldnt think so...
4/22/2013 7:50 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
hoosier - to play the correct role of the troll you must maliciously contradict what people are saying in a thread.  This is a thread where the primary theme is jets fans dumping on the jets.  Hence, in your troll role you should be explaining how jets fans are morons for not seeing the great strengths of their team.  When a troll starts to agree with people he is failing as a troll.

Get on it reiss!
4/24/2013 9:42 AM
Reiss was clearly running out of things to say when he came to this thread. His post doesn't even make any sense. He also doesn't realize that us Jets fans are the most self-loathing out there.
4/24/2013 10:31 PM
◂ Prev 12
OT: J-E-T-S suck - suck - suck! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.