Would anyone ... Topic

... Set this player at minus one for shooting instead of minus two? Plan on using him as a swing power forward/small forward depending on matchups this year. Division three. Been forever since I've had a post style player with a seventy plus per.

Athleticism 56
Speed 48
Rebounding 69
Defense 44
Shot Blocking 50
Low-post 99
Perimeter 74
Ball Handling 53
Passing. 49
Stamina 61
FT Shooting C+
4/22/2013 9:23 AM (edited)
I don't worry about the position a guy plays when it comes to three point settings. All I do is look at his ratings - perimeter in particular - and decide if I want him to shoot more from inside the three point line or outside of it.

In general, the higher the guy's perimeter the more I put him outside the three point line. However, you have to consider how many other three point threats you have (if you have a lot, you don't need him out there, if you don't, you might want him there) and with your guy he's so good inside you may not want to push him out there very much.

I'd probably have this guy set at -1 so he's mostly inside but if he gets the open look he'll take it and adjust accordingly if that doesn't give me the results I want.

4/22/2013 9:27 AM
I'd go -1...if his LP wasn't 99, I'd go ZERO.
4/22/2013 9:52 AM
Unless he had a low offensive IQ, why would you go -2 with this guy? I agree with TrentonJoe, I'd play him -1 without a doubt and may have considered a 0 if not that his LP is so high.
4/22/2013 10:02 AM
First time I have ever had a guy at d3 with a 99 lp and a 74 per.
4/22/2013 10:20 AM
I missed that this guy is at D3 - wow, what a scoring beast.

At D3, I'd base it entirely upon how many other three point threats you have. If you've got plenty of others, go -2. If you don't and you need to have that outside presence, go -1 or even 0.

Edited to say: You've got Wallace and Thomas as 3 point threats, but I'd go -1. He should still be mostly in the paint. Adjust if you think he should play there more.

This guy is an absolute BEAST at D3, though. Wow.

4/22/2013 10:32 AM
I saw him floating around and, yeah his stamina wasn't great but I has just taken a new team and switched to zone so I figured why the heck not?
4/22/2013 10:36 AM
I am pretty sure he'll shoot less threes but make a higher percentage at the 4 than the 3/
4/22/2013 10:55 AM
fwiw, I usually pay less attention to position played and more attention to the Ath, Spd, Per combo combined with whatever history he has of being a 3 point shooter. I usually will start any likely candidate at 0 or -1 at the start of each season and adjust during the season from that point.
4/22/2013 10:56 AM
with his low spd/bh (for a per shooter), im probably in the -1 camp. however, especially at the 4, players can make 3s pretty well without great ratings in spd and bh. i could easily see a 0 or a -1, really. if your team is chock-full of per shooting, -1 is probably the way to go, but if you were lacking on 3s, id definitely try him at 0 and see if he can hold up.
4/22/2013 11:03 AM
How much difference would it make to guys that he still has some significant bh potential left? By my estimation between ten and fifteen points.
4/22/2013 11:10 AM
thats decently important, it can definitely up his 3pt % by a couple points. hows your teams overall 3pt shooting ability?
4/22/2013 11:14 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=2361511
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=2382363
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=2361510

Are the other eligible three shooters.
4/22/2013 11:17 AM
Scoring is some sort of "opposed roll".   It's your offensive equation vs your opponents def equation.     I think that 48 speed is going to give you a serious advantage in a man situation.   If he's covered by a decent (typical) PF, you're going to see someone with a sub 30 speed.    As long as he isn't like a 70 DEF/ATH I think you'll have a pretty big advantage.
4/22/2013 11:31 AM
Yeah. Which is why I was thinking of playing a matchup game with him.he averaged nearly 18 last season with a .532 shooting percentage despite usually being double teamed, so it seems like his ath/speed was enough, just didn't have him try any threes lt year.
4/22/2013 11:39 AM
12 Next ▸
Would anyone ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.