My time here is coming to an end Topic

What part of the CS response is BS? The part about 5min being too low or how GPA has a random modifier where more min in SH simply improves your odds, but doesn't guarantee a 2.0? As far as I can tell, they are both true. 
4/22/2013 2:25 PM
Posted by therewas47 on 4/22/2013 11:57:00 AM (view original):
I've said this before but I don't like the way study hall is set up. I don't want to do away with it but changed so that the randomness is taken out of it. Unlike with game results and some other aspects of hd, randomness doesn't result in anything but frustration to users when it is used in conjunction with study hall. What study hall adds is an extra variable to take into account when recruiting. Beyond that, there isn't any advantage to having a 4.0 instead of a 2.5. So, the goal of any user is to do the bare minimum to keep players eligible. So, why not make it a flat line system and just have the option to put in the bare minimum minutes. That or make excess gpa points redeemable for a few skill points in any category of the users choice. Anyways, I should probably end the rant and get back to work.
But that would 100% rob any strategy from study hall. If you're doing that, you might as well abolish it entirely
4/22/2013 2:33 PM
Posted by tianyi7886 on 4/22/2013 2:25:00 PM (view original):
What part of the CS response is BS? The part about 5min being too low or how GPA has a random modifier where more min in SH simply improves your odds, but doesn't guarantee a 2.0? As far as I can tell, they are both true. 
I thought the first answer looked pretty condescending, but it probably depends on what the ticket looks like. This is the kind of response I'd send someone in their first ever WIS season. If sly spent some time explaining why he did what he did and why he thought 5 was plenty, then "5 is too low" without further explanation would be very off-putting to me. The latter response about having some randomness worked in is all well and good to me though. 
4/22/2013 2:36 PM
Don't know who in particular you are talking about, but I find "Maybe I should take a step back and sleep on it like gillispie said bc I do enjoy the interactions with most ppl on WIS (although there are some in this thread that are truly pathetic and I haven't ever even played against your teams" far more insulting than anything CS said to you.

I'm not sure anyone came on to insult you, we were just disagreeing with you. If that's grounds for being pathetic than there was never any point to having this thread in the first place.
4/22/2013 2:42 PM
I wouldn't have minded seeing grades go out the window when recruiting gifts went...I said it then and I'll say it now.  Grades/SH are just a random part of the game that are more annoying than anything...all they can do is hurt you/your team.
4/22/2013 2:44 PM
its not the content, well actually it is partially the lack of any detail other than a premade copy and paste response, but it is the way the response comes across. That first CS response is something that could be found in aejones first year player guide and I explained how I had 2.7, 3.4 dropped the SH to 3 then saw 2.1 & moved back to the initial 5mins which is where they had the 5 mins is too low response. Tianyi, u can't tell me if u send in a ticket asking why something happened and they give u a short answer that could be found in a new players guide that you wouldn't be extremely unhappy
4/22/2013 3:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by slyman9 on 4/22/2013 3:01:00 PM (view original):
its not the content, well actually it is partially the lack of any detail other than a premade copy and paste response, but it is the way the response comes across. That first CS response is something that could be found in aejones first year player guide and I explained how I had 2.7, 3.4 dropped the SH to 3 then saw 2.1 & moved back to the initial 5mins which is where they had the 5 mins is too low response. Tianyi, u can't tell me if u send in a ticket asking why something happened and they give u a short answer that could be found in a new players guide that you wouldn't be extremely unhappy
If its the correct answer?
4/22/2013 3:36 PM
Slyman9 is the reason I stopped using Yelp. People like him (or her!) don't get what they want and blame somebody else for their own incompetence.
4/22/2013 3:41 PM
Posted by slyman9 on 4/22/2013 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Your complaint was ridiculous, and did not merit a detailed response.

Either leave or don't leave.
4/22/2013 3:43 PM
I'm done this this thread bc it looks like the masses have come out in force now and are just going to try and take shots at me. I never had a complaint in my initial message to CS. I asked them why a situation occurred under identical circumstances that I previously had no problem with bc I didn't understand why myself. The response was pretty much 5 mins is too low which I think I could have figured out on my own since my player was ineligible bc I had him at 5 mins. This whole thread has nothing to do with me being right or wrong and if u had read thru the thread I accepted the fact that I was walking a thin line with SH mins. It has everything to do with a response from CS not explaining to what I felt was adequate for the amount of $$ or time I have spent on WIS
4/22/2013 4:10 PM (edited)
Posted by colonels19 on 4/22/2013 2:44:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't have minded seeing grades go out the window when recruiting gifts went...I said it then and I'll say it now.  Grades/SH are just a random part of the game that are more annoying than anything...all they can do is hurt you/your team.
Pesky classes and unpredictable study habits are part of college basketball. It's not unreasonable for this basic principle to be a small but relevant part of the game.
4/22/2013 4:06 PM
Posted by slyman9 on 4/22/2013 4:00:00 PM (view original):
I'm done this this thread bc it looks like the idiots have come out in force now and are just going to try and take shots at me. I never had a complaint in my initial message to CS. I asked them why a situation occurred under identical circumstances that I previously had no problem with bc I didn't understand why myself. The response was pretty much 5 mins is too low which I think I could have figured out on my own since my player was ineligible bc I had him at 5 mins. This whole thread has nothing to do with me being right or wrong and if u had read thru the thread I accepted the fact that I was walking a thin line with SH mins. It has everything to do with a response from CS not explaining to what I felt was adequate for the amount of $$ or time I have spent on WIS
In your first post, you didn't post the text of your original ticket. You should add it to that post so we'll have full context.
4/22/2013 4:09 PM
I'm not in favor of pushing people out the virtual door.

The player had a terrible HS GPA, he diminished the SH minutes after a good term, got a bad midterm and put negligible minutes back into SH.

I think slyman made a bad gamble and got burned. I don't think it's worth quitting over, but it's not me making the decision. I've f'd up a whole lot of stuff and I take it as a learning experience and move on.
4/22/2013 4:34 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
My time here is coming to an end Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.