Ready To Spawn? We Need 5--Men OR Salmon . . . Topic

We are a very competitive world  Not top heavy at all. In each of the past two seasons Spawn has had only one 100 game winner. How's that for competitive balance? We are a world that enjoys one of the best chat boards in all of HBD. We laugh together. We cry together. We make fun of the people who cry together. Come give us a try.

Here are the open teams. World rules will follow:

American League

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile
AL West, St. Louis, 76-86, #10 pick

AL East, Burlington, 76-86, #12 pick

National League

NL East, New Britain, 70-92, #7 pick

NL South, Huntington, 96-66, #33 pick

NL West, Las Vegas, 76-86, #13 pick

NL West, Kansas City, 70-92, #5 pick

If you are interested in joining our merry band of travelers drop a  line and tell us something about yourself. Please sitemail:

coonja76

4/25/2013 11:59 PM (edited)

Spawn Private World Rules

Back to Back 100 loss seasons
(New owners excluded during their first season, subject to b2b rule starting in their second season in the world.)

Single 120 loss season

Prospect budget must not exceed ML player spending in any season.
(Budget transfers setting prospect budget much higher while not spending on players. )

Commit any of these infractions and we begin removing body parts--and then owners.

4/24/2013 1:43 AM (edited)
I am in 4 different leagues and this is the best of the 4.  We BS and talk trash all the time.  Teams work on trades and tanking is really not a issue. 
4/24/2013 5:17 AM

raiders is the reigning champion of Spawn and I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned it 7 or 8 times already. He is going to be impossible to live with next season. Come to think of it--in that way nothing has really changed.

4/24/2013 1:00 PM
Who'd he beat in the World Series?
4/24/2013 3:35 PM
No one of significance.
4/24/2013 5:47 PM

Alas and alack--no one has my back.

4/24/2013 7:27 PM

Hmmmm . . . haven't seen you anywhere in the vicinity of the playoffs, mirky . . . 

4/25/2013 1:01 AM
I was in your corner, sermonauthor. I always back the AL team. I like sour grapes too, and this looks like a great year for them! :)
4/25/2013 7:48 AM
Hell, if raiders can win a WS in spawn then anyone can. Jump in now and get your ws ring.
4/25/2013 9:47 AM
Im taking over sermonauthor for the division and taking home the AL crown this season...  Ill wait till next season to win the ws...
4/25/2013 4:58 PM

I admire your misplaced sense of optimism, sir. And how many division titles have you won? Oh, wait--that would be zee-row. And what is your best record in all 8 seasons you've been learning this complicated game at the feet of your divisional master? Right--83-79. And your lifetime record against The Escargo Embargo? 10-20. I'm beginning to understand how certain pharmaceutical companies rack up such large profits. 

So now yo have a big wad of cash to overspend on free agency. I don't suppose you would care to bet a free season of HBD on the AL North division title, would you?

4/25/2013 7:10 PM
sermonauthor. If you win too much, too soon you spoil the fans and that is never a good thing.
4/25/2013 7:55 PM

Spoken like a Cubs fan.

4/25/2013 11:57 PM

You know I should have probably thought about the Cubs before I did this.

Jamaican-curry-goat-recipe Ingredients

• 1.3 kg (3 lb) quality goat kid meat
  • 2 medium onions, fine chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, fine chopped
  • 2 Scotch Bonnet Chili Peppers, chopped and deseeded
  • 3 tbsp Jamaican Curry Powder
  • 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
  • 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
  • 2 tbsp Salt
  • 2 tsp dried thyme (3 sprigs)
  • 1 tbsp White vinegar
  • 6 Pimento Seeds (Allspice)

I think my world series hopes are doomed
4/26/2013 8:39 AM
12 Next ▸
Ready To Spawn? We Need 5--Men OR Salmon . . . Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.