Whining Rats... Topic

You got anything else to cry/***** about while you're busy ruining the game here?
4/24/2013 7:39 PM
while i appreciate the support in other threads, im pretty sure this one is not constructive :O the negativity these last two weeks is definitely brutal, though.
4/24/2013 7:43 PM
I don't give a ****, I'm raising a black fist to all the BS that's gone on these last 2 weeks, by weak users who think they're not successful in the game because guys like you have 2 teams in the same world.

This thread is the biteback...it's on

4/24/2013 7:45 PM
Its kind of crazy the last few weeks.

I keep thinking of The Dark Knight, when the Joker says to Harvey dent in the hospital talking about chaos and that "everybody loses their minds" in his voice just makes me think of the last two weeks around here.

Or even when he is talking to Batman and he says  When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other!
4/24/2013 7:48 PM
Even "newbs" can have an opinion. Criticizing for them taking a stance make you the whiner. There have been plenty "HoF" coaches involved as well, no need to pick and choose.

P.S- I could.l care less if a coach has multiple teams in one world, as long as they know whats wrong and whats right.
4/24/2013 8:07 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 4/24/2013 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Its kind of crazy the last few weeks.

I keep thinking of The Dark Knight, when the Joker says to Harvey dent in the hospital talking about chaos and that "everybody loses their minds" in his voice just makes me think of the last two weeks around here.

Or even when he is talking to Batman and he says  When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other!
definitely feel ya there... a couple guys have told me they are thinking of quitting HD over the recent awfulness in the forums. guys who are usually pretty engaged in the community, super turned off by the threads over the past two weeks (going back before the multiple teams crap). one of them is actually a huge opponent of multiple teams and thinks i should have been forced to drop a team, but is equally revolted by the forum sentiment, anyway. if its turning off guys who even support the multiple team prohibition, think of what it means for the dozens if not hundreds of coaches currently in violation of the 1000 mile rule, who pre-date it, who have done nothing to get a leg up on other coaches? not surprisingly, they have pretty much avoided these topics. guess i am the only one dumb enough to make a stand, despite standing to lose from it :)  but really, im sure a bunch of coaches are sitting pretty uneasy now. its almost a relief, not to have to worry about getting my team taken away anymore. its really an absolutely retarded system that does nothing but tax those who make an effort to be transparent and play fair. unless you are a complete idiot, if you are intentionally cheating with multiple accounts, you sure arent the one getting in trouble here (its so easy to conceal its not even funny). thats why i can appreciate the arguments about "unintentional advantages", that could be obtained by same-division teams in the same area, but cannot at all, appreciate the arguments about intentional cheating.
4/24/2013 8:12 PM
I'm not a newb but still don't like people with 2 teams in a world.... Unless u only play 2 a days then maybe and nothing against u coach billy g because when I look at how people are doing I do look at most of ur teams because ur easy to learn off of and now I'm limited to viewing just 1 team lol.
4/24/2013 8:22 PM
I am definitely not a newb ... and I can win. In fact, I have more wins and seasons than you. But since my opinion is different than yours colonels, it doesn't matter.

I am also not accusing anyone of overtly cheating, nor have I.

Why is it that your opinion matters and mine does not?
4/24/2013 8:29 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 4/24/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):
I am definitely not a newb ... and I can win. In fact, I have more wins and seasons than you. But since my opinion is different than yours colonels, it doesn't matter.

I would respectfully submit that your presentation of your opinion is much more 'classy' than some of what I've seen recently.
4/24/2013 8:45 PM

You're completely missing the point.

The problem is the total jackass way the opinions are presented. Nothing of substance; not even really an opinion. Just pure dickishness.
4/24/2013 8:55 PM

you are definitely one of the guys defending your position the right way, IMO, if thats worth anything anymore ;) i have nothing against anyone for disagreeing or stating viewpoints contrary to mine. in a post recently, someone said something like they often read my posts, and sometimes disagreed (not publicly, of course), but still found it very helpful, even though i might occasionally come off a bit arrogant. something like that. it kind of made me sad, i feel like passion for the game can so easily come off as arrogance or insistence on being right. and i guess sometimes i say things somewhat matter-of-factly, but the reality is that i love constructive debates, in general but especially about something i am passionate about, its really my favorite part of the game (that and when you help a coach and it really makes the game more fun for them). i really do enjoy engaging others about things we disagree on, although this topic is clearly not my favorite ;) i just hope i dont come off to people as being unapproachable from a disagreement standpoint. its just so hard to come off as you intended, all the time, via text based communication. i wish people would disagree with me more, to be honest, the best way to learn is through understanding the view points of those with different view points than you. ive learned an incredible amount that way, read basically every post for years to get every gem i could, and to this day i learn a great deal about HD that way.

anyway, i know you werent talking to me, but that whole (not publicly, of course) bit made me sad, and at least 5 people have dropped me a line via sitemail to say they werent trying to be a ***** in the multiple teams threads or anything like that, so i feel like its not an isolated incident, and just wanted to comment. and really, those were mostly the people i felt were sharing their opinions in the most respectful and respectable manner, just with a different viewpoint than mine - and i have no reason, in those cases, to be upset or offended in the slightest. ive posted it so many times i cant even count, how strongly i believe coaches should question everything, test everything - take ideas from everyone, but blindly follow the recommendations of no one. so it definitely made me sad that a bunch of people felt they couldnt or didnt want to disagree with me, like it would be a bad thing or something, i really think its crazy to simply believe a long time coach is right just because hes a long time coach, or has won a bunch of titles, or you shouldnt argue with him because hes helpful, or anything like that.
4/24/2013 9:05 PM (edited)
Posted by isack24 on 4/24/2013 8:55:00 PM (view original):

The problem is the total jackass way the opinions are presented. Nothing of substance; not even really an opinion. Just pure dickishness.
An opinion is not dickish because it is different from your own. And a newb is not brainless because he is new. Have you ever stopped to consider that while you have been IN the circle for years maybe a fresh set of eyes from OUT of the circle can actually help give you a fresh perspective?

In my dickish idiotic newbie halfwit uneducated ignorant opinion, the quality of this game would improve if every coach (regardless of multi-usernames) was limited to one team per world. The 1,000 mile rule is better than no rule at all. But not enough. In my opinion.

I think I'll wait to argue the point until it comes up again months down the road and I've been around awhile. Otherwise I could be accused of being dickish. We don't want that.

4/24/2013 9:06 PM
But WHY would the quality of the game improve? Because you think that maybe possibly conceivably, feasibly, by chance, perhaps people cheat?

Just play the game, do you. Dont worry about other people. If maybe possibly conceivably, feasibly, by chance, perhaps someone feels the need to cheat, just be a better coach and beat them.
4/24/2013 9:12 PM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/24/2013 9:06:00 PM (view original):

An opinion is not dickish because it is different from your own. And a newb is not brainless because he is new. Have you ever stopped to consider that while you have been IN the circle for years maybe a fresh set of eyes from OUT of the circle can actually help give you a fresh perspective?

In my dickish idiotic newbie halfwit uneducated ignorant opinion, the quality of this game would improve if every coach (regardless of multi-usernames) was limited to one team per world. The 1,000 mile rule is better than no rule at all. But not enough. In my opinion.

I think I'll wait to argue the point until it comes up again months down the road and I've been around awhile. Otherwise I could be accused of being dickish. We don't want that.

Did you read the thread?  There are tons of "dickish" posts in there, not a lot of substance... so I'd say isack is right.

There are some people that apparently love calling people noobs, like the starter of this thread, so **** like that needs to go by the wayside... that's all he's really saying.  
I totally agree with you that a fresh set of eyes can enhance the game in some cases, and this may very well be one, but you have to be careful with the solution.  It's hard since WIS basically cornered themselves with their initial handling of the situation - when they first came aware of people having aliases with multiple teams in the same world, they should have ended it right there.  Instead they rolled out a hard to enforce rule, but still (most) people adapted, and it's a somewhat widespread issue now to where you're jeopardizing a significant share of your customer base (and revenues) if you start removing people from teams they've had for many seasons.  Since they fumbled the initial solution, they're in a tough spot now - any solution they come up with now is going to **** people off.  

The best thing they could probably do is say no more multiple teams in a world and grandfather schools in where the coach has been there 10+ seasons (and they can't switch jobs).  Anyone with multiple teams and less than 10 seasons at both will have to choose a school and be removed from the other.  That's the least damaging solution I can see without messing with the FSS code.
4/24/2013 9:19 PM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/24/2013 9:06:00 PM (view original):

isack didnt say anything about the posters being wrong because they were new, or for having different opinions. instead, he said its the jackass way opinions are presented that are the problem (and the original post in this thread could definitely fall in that bunch). i cant see how one can disagree with that. i think the rest of us agree with you, nothing wrong with a new guy stating his opinion (as long as he keeps it reasonable, it is annoying/stupid when a new coach argues without end that statements made about d1 must be false, and the posters must be idiots, that type of thing. but that has nothing to do with them being new, again, its about the jackass part :)

i also dont think even colonels has anything against new coaches complaining, i think the use of the word newbs was addressing a different group, entirely :) i dont take it so literally!
4/24/2013 9:46 PM
123456 Next ▸
Whining Rats... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.