Smokey's DDL Cafe (closed for remodeling) Topic

Husker, Sky feels the same way, say's he's drafting 12 players. I have a team in the ATBA league with 25,000 min's and 3 of the players haven't put in a minute in two seasons. But with "Back to the Future" I can run a 10 player @ 24 min's each line-up, might try it to see what SIM thinks.
5/18/2013 2:13 PM
How do you guy's feel about just running a 9 round draft and 3 mandatory "designated scrub's" next time? The scrub's can be near useless as they are this season, or mid-level players of some value, say $5M. If we choose mid-level then we could designate, a PG/SG, SG/SF/PF & C. Make your opinion known...
5/18/2013 4:19 PM
I still think it is better to draft 12 players than use scrubs. However you could use the 11th & 12th Rounds as a double pick.
5/18/2013 7:51 PM
Prefer to have 12 guys I want, maybe there is one or two games over the course of the season when guys get into foul trouble etc and 11th and 12th guys matter.

Also Im all about the boxscore and pbp, I want to see MY guys names.

Not for mandatory scrubs in any format, double picks last two rounds is good idea, forced players is not, the option is good though for people that are good to go after nine rounds.
5/18/2013 9:44 PM
OK, we stick with drafting 12 players. Thx for the feedback. Some have suggested we pick 2 players in the last 2 rounds (9/10 & 11/12) or 2 players in the last round only (11/12). Personally, I saw some surpises in the 9th & 10th rounds, we may want to keep those rounds separate. When it comes to the draft I will not put in a rule for convience that disrupts any owners draft stratagy. Next, should the optional scrub's be "useless" or "useful", with stat's & salery similar to whats drafted in the 10-12 rounds? Personally I keep flip-flopping on this subject, so give me some feedback.
5/19/2013 11:03 AM
It should be noted that you need to check the "rest player" box on the scrub's so the SIM doesn't play them. I've never had SIM play a checked off player on me.
5/19/2013 11:08 AM
Enough DDL business. I am in love with my teams! I put together some mock draft teams before I started the DDL and thought I might be fooling myself, turns out I wasn't fooling myself, the teams all look like great basketball squad's that could have exsisted in the 1980's. I go down the draft pick list and everything looks pretty predictable until the 4th round, then "you know what" hits the fan.  
What do you think, did we get something that's different from the usual fair in the decade draft?
5/19/2013 11:32 AM
Some numbers:
Back to the Future
Pick - 7th
10 drafted players
26,372 minutes
Average player salery (10 players) = $6.0 million
High salery = $8.3 million
Low salery = $3.6 million

Ruthless People
Pick - 22nd
9 drafted players
25,229 minutes
Average player salery (9players) = $6.2 million
High salery = $8.3 million
Low salery = $3.8 million
5/19/2013 12:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12
Smokey's DDL Cafe (closed for remodeling) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.