75 Mil Cap Best Hockey City League (11 in) Topic

This league will pit against one another the top players for any team against one another. Which franchise has consistently honed the best of the best players?
Join Now
League ID: 29193
  In this league, each franchise can draft any player that played for their team so long as that player played for that team on the season he is being drafted for. That is to say, Wayne Gretzky can be on the Los Angeles Kings, but only in his 1988-1995 seasons (when he played for the kings). If a player played for two teams in the same season, only the games played for one's franchise may be used when drafting. This means that while Ray Bourque played for both Colorado and Boston in the 1999-2000 season, the bruins may only use his 65 game season, while the avs may only use the combined season

Teams are based on city, not by franchise. This means that the Colorado Avalanche may not draft Quebec Nordiques players, but may draft Colorado Rockies players

The major twist? No injuries. To prevent certain franchises from dominating over others, and to make near any franchise somewhat competitive, there will be no players out.
Mario Lemieux may contend even with Wayne Gretzky's 50 goals in 35 games record, as his injury riddled season will be just as valuable as any others. The $75 million cap means that the dynasty teams will not be able to simply steam roll over other franchises

No WW, No trades, No clones, No Playoff Intensity,  no minor leaguers, and no players out. Just $75 million and your favorite franchise
Divisions will be organized based on franchise geography

EACH FRANCHISE MAY BE CHOSEN TWICE AS LONG AS TWO DIFFERENT TEAMS HAVE PLAYED IN THAT CITY (IE MONTREAL)
Franchise list

Anaheim (mighty) Ducks
Atlanta Thrashers/Flames
Boston Bruins
Brooklyn Americans
Buffalo Sabers
Calgary Flames
California Golden Seals (Oakland Seals)/San Jose Sharks
Carolina Hurricanes
Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Rockies/Avalanche
Columbus Blue Jackets/Cleveland Barons
Dallas Stars
Detroit Cougars/Falcons/Redwings
Edmonton Oilers
Florida Panthers/Tampa Bay Lightinging
Hartford Whalers
Kansas City Scouts
Los Angeles Kings
Minnesota North Stars/Wild
Montreal Canadiens/Maroons/Wanderers
Nashville Predators 
New Jersey Devils
New York Rangers/Americans
New York Islanders
Ottawa Senators/Hamilton Tigers
Philadelphia Flyers/Quakers
Phoenix Coyotes
Pittsburgh Penguins/ Pirates
Quebec Bulldogs/Nordiques
St. Louis Blue/Eagles
Toronto Maple Leafs/ Saint Pats/Arenas
Vancouver Canucks
Washington Capitals
Winnipeg Jets

Signup List

1. Yodelingdog - Colorado 
2. (Reserved) - Pittsburgh 
3. (Reserved) - Edmonton
4 (Reserved) - Detroit
5. Hoggers0223 - Los Angeles
6. (Reserved) - Montreal 
7. JSA - Toronto
8. Legendejk- Buffalo
9. Kiteport - Washington
10. Poddy - Philadelphia
11. Taybaijor - Bruins
12. Yodelingdog (II) - N/A
13. Evil Twin - Minnesota 
14. Richards - St. Louis

5/11/2013 6:10 PM (edited)
la kings here please
4/30/2013 1:45 PM
Good to have you, hogger.
4/30/2013 8:37 PM
Friend of mine takes the Canadiens
4/30/2013 9:55 PM
Toronto, please!
4/30/2013 11:19 PM
glad to have you, Jsa.
4/30/2013 11:46 PM
Redwings are now taken
5/1/2013 3:25 PM
Shouldn't the Sharks go with Oakland and California Seals? Same area.
5/1/2013 5:40 PM
Quebec for me. Might need some other restrictions to attract some of the lesser teams.
5/1/2013 6:04 PM

Is this by city or franchise,  If Franchise there are a few errors above.  If city then no worries
Devils/Scouts/Colorad Rockies are all one franchise.  Quebec and Colorado Avalanche are also 1 franchise,  Dallas Stars and Minnesota North Stars are also 1 franchise

I am in and will pick a franchise shortly
5/1/2013 6:10 PM
I will take Philadelphia Flyers
5/1/2013 6:19 PM
With no injurys what do you guys think , if  i draft a guy that say only played 30 games but has like 15 goals , think he could score 40 goals? just asking for opinions.
5/1/2013 9:21 PM
Bruins please
5/1/2013 9:44 PM
Posted by kiteport on 5/1/2013 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Shouldn't the Sharks go with Oakland and California Seals? Same area.
Fair enough. I'll call it close and update the list. Thanks. I also figured we could attract more people if I put Cleveland and Columbus together. Different cities, same area, small franchises anyways.

5/2/2013 12:13 PM (edited)
Posted by hogger0223 on 5/1/2013 9:21:00 PM (view original):
With no injurys what do you guys think , if  i draft a guy that say only played 30 games but has like 15 goals , think he could score 40 goals? just asking for opinions.
Being in a prog league with out injuries, it is true that they score more goals and they are much more effective. However, they can still get injured mid game. So if your team was entirely comprised of players playing, say, 30/82 games, a lot would get injured per game, and the rest would fatigue, and the cycle would repeat itself. That said, drafting a few low games, high scoring players works very well.
5/2/2013 11:29 AM
123 Next ▸
75 Mil Cap Best Hockey City League (11 in) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.