free HD is back?? Topic

actually with the freehd you cannot use FSS, unless you buy another season, just to clarify
5/5/2013 1:57 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/5/2013 2:25:00 AM (view original):
You can send scouting trips, though.
And disrupt someones recruiting as seen by the user that had all his recruits poached.

To play devil's advocate, it's to reel new users in, I suppose, to grow the userbase. 

5/5/2013 2:42 AM
its actually the only reason I started playing this game, but that was before FSS was ever created.
5/5/2013 11:34 AM
I think freeHD is a necessary evil, you're not going to get new members in the door for $12.95 a season. And most won't give it a shot for $4.95. If somebody told you right now there was a new basketball game you needed to try, only $4.95 for like 2 months, would you do it? Most likely, no. 
5/5/2013 12:10 PM
The "cheating" racket is best when you only pay $4.95 for your "other" team
5/5/2013 12:46 PM
you cant scout with freeHD? hmm, thats something, i guess. i think the scouting trips are massively more useful, saving dollar for dollar the whole way up, with fairly low amount of effort involved to get the money out, instead of the diminishing returns of scouting more and more, further and further from the other school. i thought colonels point was interesting, not that it really changes anything or makes it ok, that its a pain in the *** to scout on one team, go to the other, find the guy, add to the list, go back, scout more, etc, etc... ive used yatzrs tool for a while now, not for high d1 but elsewhere, and when i started a team under my gillispie2 account a while ago (san fran in tark, dropped, because i grabbed USC), i found all my dudes, went to mass recruit (add to watch list), and realized, i couldnt (didnt have the donor functionality on that ID). i tried to transfer everyone over by finding them state by state on san fran in the HD recruiting system, but it was SUCH a pain in the ***, i just gave up and did things manually from scratch. i do scout far and wide and put a crap ton of guys on my list, like 50 or 100 even, but still... 
5/5/2013 1:25 PM (edited)
No FSS with FREEHD...I was disappointed to learn that 3 years ago lol...but it's smart on WIS' part.
5/5/2013 1:11 PM
Posted by paynebrow on 5/5/2013 2:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/5/2013 2:25:00 AM (view original):
You can send scouting trips, though.
And disrupt someones recruiting as seen by the user that had all his recruits poached.

To play devil's advocate, it's to reel new users in, I suppose, to grow the userbase. 

i think thats a perfectly good reason to have it, im not as much against freeHD as the combination of allowing freeHD while not allowing teams in different divisions "to stop FSS sharing", as seble puts it.
5/5/2013 1:20 PM
Am I missing something... HD is free?
5/5/2013 1:21 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/5/2013 1:14:00 PM (view original):
you cant scout with freeHD? hmm, thats something, i guess. i think the scouting trips are massively more useful, saving dollar for dollar the whole way up, with fairly low amount of effort involved to get the money out. i thought colonels point was interesting, not that it really changes anything or makes it ok, that its a pain in the *** to scout on one team, go to the other, find the guy, add to the list, go back, scout more, etc, etc... ive used yatzrs tool for a while now, not for high d1 but elsewhere, and when i started a team under my gillispie2 account a while ago (san fran in tark, dropped, because i grabbed USC), i found all my dudes, went to mass recruit (add to watch list), and realized, i couldnt (didnt have the donor functionality on that ID). i tried to transfer everyone over by finding them state by state on san fran in the HD recruiting system, but it was SUCH a pain in the ***, i just gave up and did things manually from scratch. i do scout far and wide and put a crap ton of guys on my list, like 50 or 100 even, but still... 
Exactly, and this is why I told people to try/do it for themselves...have an INFORMED opinion.
5/5/2013 1:23 PM
Posted by theaaskimo on 5/5/2013 1:21:00 PM (view original):
for 1 season maybe?
5/5/2013 1:24 PM
Posted by theaaskimo on 5/5/2013 1:21:00 PM (view original):
theres a code to use free seasons, which caused a major stir a while back, because there were people picking up ghost free teams all over the place just to grab FSS data and scout players with evals. the d3 worlds were 100% full in some places with half of all teams ghost shipped junk teams. 
5/5/2013 1:27 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 5/5/2013 1:11:00 PM (view original):
No FSS with FREEHD...I was disappointed to learn that 3 years ago lol...but it's smart on WIS' part.
Can't FSS with $4.95 teams either. My first team was one of these last summer. Sneaky bastages. 
5/5/2013 3:53 PM
Ahhh interesting...they gave me a credit to comeback to a user ID where I already had/used/played an HD season, so that probably had a lot to do with it.
5/5/2013 4:03 PM
12 Next ▸
free HD is back?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.