DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Posted by natenoy on 5/19/2013 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dh555 on 5/18/2013 1:05:00 AM (view original):
the division draft is based totally on regular season records

the order would go tarheel, logain, tricky, then me

Dh, wanted to confirm this before the draft starts:

Original idea called for the teams with picks #1 and #4 to be in the East and picks #2 and #3 to be in the West, I assume you plan to still follow that?

If so then it would be:
East
Atl: Tar
Cen: Dh

West
MW: Logain
Pac: tricky
ha well that blows, I would rather be with tricky or logain (no offense guys, has more to do with dh than you)     
5/19/2013 5:44 PM
Tar you thought that was ironic, get this:

Team #4 picks 4,5,12,13 and gets stuck with pick #20 in the serpentine style. Dh just anointed Sly the league favorite and if you other three guys stay away from him in the draft then Dh is awarded the sly team in his division (and your conference) with pick #20.
5/19/2013 5:53 PM
Posted by natenoy on 5/19/2013 5:53:00 PM (view original):

Team #4 picks 4,5,12,13 and gets stuck with pick #20 in the serpentine style. Dh just anointed Sly the league favorite and if you other three guys stay away from him in the draft then Dh is awarded the sly team in his division (and your conference) with pick #20.
dammit....can i change the rules now?
5/19/2013 5:59 PM

Original idea called for the teams with picks #1 and #4 to be in the East and picks #2 and #3 to be in the West, I assume you plan to still follow that?

If so then it would be:
East

West
correct
5/19/2013 6:00 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/19/2013 5:44:00 PM (view original):

If so then it would be:
East

West
ha well that blows, I would rather be with tricky or logain (no offense guys, has more to do with dh than you)     
the feeling is mutual....
5/19/2013 6:00 PM
Malone/Mutombo/Frazier/Barros/McCray/Kermit/Ceballos.

Re-posted.

Thanks dh, that's a really good analysis. I'm doing my first 2 drafts simultaneously, so yes, it's pretty much my first draft.  At the start.  I was getting pretty psyched about the distant prospect of Kareem falling to 14, though realistically I knew my option would probably be Barkley and Malone.  Liked Barkley's efficiency and rebounding but did not want to put myself in a situation of having to work out of a bit of a defensive weakness from the start.  Mutombo was there and as you stated dh, he seemed like a great complement to Malone. The Malone pick had immediately brought visions of Stockton but I knew I had to go after Mutombo first.  The Stockton fantasy vanished quickly after my Mutombo pick. At that point Frazier seemed like a safe pick who could help in a lot of ways although I knew assists could been troublesome. The Nash prospect was next and really liked Nash as a poor man's Stockton sidekick to Malone. Nash would have brought the assists and more of an inside/outside aspect than Stockton. Thought I could pick up Nash in the 4th because (I think) he lasted that long in the previous draft. Nash went quicker than I thought. Now it was a long wait for Barros, who was the 2nd guy  I had in mind when I drafted Frazier. With Barros in the fold and his complementary- to- Frazier assists as well as his terrific 3 pt shooting had me feeling pretty good at this point. Usage was  around 13 or so and, as you mentioned, I knew I needed more boards. This is where I may have screwed up a bit. Wanted low usage, but had trouble finding boards to go with that low usage. Maybe I should have gone to 15 or 15.5 usage to get those boards, but I elected not to.  McCray fit what I thought I needed at the time. He was efficient, decent D and could give me some additional assists- the nice player player you described. This however, left me in need of more boards- boards and some more punch of the bench with picks 6 and 7.  Somebody made a great pick with Kermit late in the other draft so I had him in mind. The 77-78 version is far from his most efficient, but his Orb% Drb%. are among his best. He's not taking more than 6-7 shots/game anyway so I didn't think his 48% eff.  would hurt very much.  Ceballos is super-efficient and does help a bit more with boards.  Johnny Moore fills out the rotation with some more assists and OK D. Now, although this is my first draft, I did play at another, now defunct historical b-ball site and the principles are pretty much the same... and yes, I did read ash's note which helped me understand some of the things I was doing and gave me some additional things to think about and incorporate- thanks, ash.. and thank you dh for an extremely well run league seasoned with some interesting personalities.              
5/19/2013 6:21 PM
my pleasure thomcat....good to add you to the mix...we needed more quality owners here
5/19/2013 6:40 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/19/2013 5:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by natenoy on 5/19/2013 5:53:00 PM (view original):

dammit....can i change the rules now?
Yikes- thanks for the eval dh!  I guess my squad better perform so I don't make you look like a fool!   
5/19/2013 8:02 PM
Sly wasnt 20 on my list.. which i turned in days ago.. he was 19!
5/19/2013 8:14 PM
Posted by logain on 5/19/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Sly wasnt 20 on my list.. which i turned in days ago.. he was 19!
oh yea? nice....but that means ill get stuck with vancem then...either way its a lose lose

im just waiting on trickys list and then ill post the rankings and divisions

5/19/2013 9:13 PM
12. badja - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob McAdoo, Steve Nash, Nick Anderson, Bo Outlaw, Chris Anderson, Ryan Anderson

Now this is my type of team! Let me start off by saying you're welcome. I was one of the owners who gave you the wonderful gift of Kareem at #12. Top 5 guy to me. Even though it was early for McAdoo(or was it? were so used to seeing him go in the 3rd or later but really, he does have 2nd round talent) I liked that pick as it gives you something to make the team special and give other teams major problems. Most teams don't have 2 bigs that can guard both guys so McAdoo should be able to take advantage of that. And with the high number of 3s that were drafted, teams can't get away with playing -2 or -3 on you. Nash is the best offensive PG(on a per min basis) in the game imo. Sure, he's gonna drive you nuts with turnovers but if you build the type of team he belongs on then it shouldn't matter. This is that type of team. Nash cruised past 200 3s last season and shot them close to 50% - that's insane. In addition to being a top 5 assist guy he's also a top 5 3pt shooter. I love the fact you kept him as the 3rd option too. You always want a 60% efg guy taking as many shots as possible. The Anderson's bring the 3's and Bo gives you a wing stopper(great thing about him is his ability to cover SGs). I thought you used the wrong season but Birdman was a great pickup in that trade. Definitely an elite 6th round pick. This should be one of the leagues best offenses and Kareem should be top 3 in MVP voting. I can't make this one of my favorites because of the glaring weakness on defense and on the glass. In fact, the offensive brilliance may have blinded me to the fact that those things could even push this team out of the playoffs. But I don't think Kareem lets that happen.

Thanks, DH!  I think the team will do pretty well, but you never know.  I often like to mix it up in drafts and using McAdoo is different from the typical low usage rebounder that maybe should go there.  However Bob gives me very low fouls, a good deal of FT's, good enough defense, minutes, and great eFG. 
At this point, I am not really using Bo.  I"ll start Birdman and use Ryan and another bomber to back him up.  Defense is obviously the problem here, but it's not like I'm using guys under 50 and drafting a great defense is useless (trust me).  Starters are 74, 74, 95, 65, 35 or thereabouts.

My fta's are a bit low, but my low pfs offset that.  This will be a good experiment for me in offense vs. defense.

5/19/2013 10:26 PM
dh- That banditone eval just made me LOL! Great writing!
5/19/2013 10:46 PM
looks like dh picked 10 playoff teams (assuming he doesn't pick team lebron).. with another 6 with a good chance... That's 16 for the 12 spots. Will see how many of those make it. 
5/19/2013 11:39 PM
Posted by slymonium on 5/19/2013 10:46:00 PM (view original):
dh- That banditone eval just made me LOL! Great writing!
thanks...always a blast trying to figure out a method to his madness
5/20/2013 12:00 AM
Posted by logain on 5/19/2013 11:39:00 PM (view original):
looks like dh picked 10 playoff teams (assuming he doesn't pick team lebron).. with another 6 with a good chance... That's 16 for the 12 spots. Will see how many of those make it. 
Yea..its gonna be fun to see what teams i was completely wrong about...always a few of those
5/20/2013 12:00 AM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32|33|34...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.