GUESS Recruiting Tool? Topic

Where did it go?  Does anyone have the file?
5/7/2013 9:28 AM
If you mean the spreadsheet I had out for a while - I pulled it a couple of years ago.  The Yatzr tools do SO much more.
5/7/2013 11:59 AM
I used it all the time.  It was simple to use and easy to download.  It was on my other computer which has been replaced.  I wish I still had it.  Liked it much better than Yatzr.
5/9/2013 11:55 PM
reed and/or ampipe, I believe I still have the zip files if you guys want to PM me with an email to send it to.
5/10/2013 12:43 AM
I liked it much better as well.  It's much more simple and, by changing the formulas, you can adapt it to fit your needs.
5/10/2013 10:12 AM
I appreciate it superman.  I'll pm right now.  Thank you.
5/10/2013 12:41 PM
Posted by reedbaize on 5/10/2013 10:12:00 AM (view original):
I liked it much better as well.  It's much more simple and, by changing the formulas, you can adapt it to fit your needs.
FYI, you can change the equations in yatzr's recruiting tool as well.
5/11/2013 8:52 AM
Ibstrummin has a good spreadsheet that is simple to use and is based on the guess reports
5/11/2013 3:41 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out why people who do enjoy the GUESS spreadsheet, don't just use his formulas in yatzr's tool?

To use the GUESS sheet, you have to MANUALLY cut and paste everything to get the data you want. This is TONS of work...

To use yatzr's tool, you have to let the PROGRAM upload ALL the recruits...including those outside of your vision...This is NO WORK...

But alas...I forget that people enjoy making things hard on themselves!!!

5/12/2013 9:22 AM
Posted by damauler12 on 5/12/2013 9:22:00 AM (view original):
For the life of me I can't figure out why people who do enjoy the GUESS spreadsheet, don't just use his formulas in yatzr's tool?

To use the GUESS sheet, you have to MANUALLY cut and paste everything to get the data you want. This is TONS of work...

To use yatzr's tool, you have to let the PROGRAM upload ALL the recruits...including those outside of your vision...This is NO WORK...

But alas...I forget that people enjoy making things hard on themselves!!!

+1
5/14/2013 7:48 PM
Well speaking for someone who uses a "modified" version of ib's sheet, I can cut and paste faster than yatzr's stuff downloads and that is assuming that you have all the necessary other files to go with it. I do like his game analyzer, but his recruiting sheet doesn't do it for me. If he can ever get it to b like the gm analyzer, then I will try it.
5/29/2013 8:39 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 5/29/2013 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Well speaking for someone who uses a "modified" version of ib's sheet, I can cut and paste faster than yatzr's stuff downloads and that is assuming that you have all the necessary other files to go with it. I do like his game analyzer, but his recruiting sheet doesn't do it for me. If he can ever get it to b like the gm analyzer, then I will try it.

Using 16 threads it takes me less than 5 minutes to get all the info downloaded.

5/29/2013 9:50 PM
Kudos to you, but I did the recruiting prep for one of my teams recently and I had my top 100 players sorted out by cutting and pasting in under 4 minutes. I only need 13 recruits. It is really great that it works for you and others but I am curious as to why people in general have this inner need to make others, or imply that others are wrong when they don't do something the same way? Did it ever dawn on you that some coaches might enjoy bob's spreadsheet? Probably not.
5/30/2013 1:46 AM
I do things differently than damauler 12 suggested, primarily because I don't trust the accuracy of my own ratings system. I cut and paste into Bob's old spreadsheet that includes my system, GUESS, and two rating systems suggested by players of the past (Leppy's, Maddies' Dad).  I have also added a couple position-specific columns (OLB, DE, FB, etc.) to that spreadsheet. If a guy has good ratings in most or all of the columns, I figure he is worth recruiting. It is extra work, but it helps provide confidence that I am targeting the right players.
5/30/2013 8:15 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 5/30/2013 1:46:00 AM (view original):
Kudos to you, but I did the recruiting prep for one of my teams recently and I had my top 100 players sorted out by cutting and pasting in under 4 minutes. I only need 13 recruits. It is really great that it works for you and others but I am curious as to why people in general have this inner need to make others, or imply that others are wrong when they don't do something the same way? Did it ever dawn on you that some coaches might enjoy bob's spreadsheet? Probably not.
That's great that you got similar result in a minute faster.  My observation would be that you were probably ACTIVELY cutting and pasting, ie in front of the computer, manipulating the mouse, bouncing to and fro from the website to spreadsheet. I used to do that but found it quite tedious.  Now while the Yatzr tool automatically dumps data for me I spend those five minutes doing other life things.  And that ranks a plus IMO.  No one suggested you were doing things wrong, at least I didn't.  I just pointed out that results are generally faster at 16 threads than 1 thread.  And yes, it has dawned on me that others might enjoy Bob's spreadsheet...so much so in fact that I enjoyed using it for quite some time.  But when I get better results with a different product why not use that product and tout what it accomplishes?  Even Bob has mentioned Yatzr's is a bit more versatile than his own creation. Best of luck to you and keep up the good work.
5/30/2013 9:45 AM (edited)
12 Next ▸
GUESS Recruiting Tool? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.