The Dean on YouTube Topic

Has anyone ever listened to the talks about Hardball Dynasty by HBDDean on Youtube. He gives some decent info for those that are amatures of the game. Beware of the foul language though.  Does the Dean still play?
5/7/2013 3:41 PM
No, he got butthurt in MG and quit.
5/7/2013 3:43 PM
what is MG?
5/7/2013 5:18 PM
Moonlight Graham.   I don't remember exactly what he got mad about but he said "Replace me".    So I did.
5/7/2013 5:38 PM
 I see........
5/7/2013 5:44 PM
It was a trade veto between me and him. He traded for a WW cleared player, which was against the rules, and I said "my bad", and he said "my butt hurts. Replace me"
5/7/2013 8:05 PM
5/7/2013 8:35 PM
I remember the transaction.

Vagina, bruised.
DL-lifetime
5/7/2013 8:38 PM
You can't trade for WW cleared players in MG?
5/8/2013 9:52 AM
I don't remember the exact situation but it was before ST.   deano had the cap space to claim said player but didn't claim him.  Then dumped some high salary for the WW cleared player.   Salary dumps are frowned upon.   However, there are simple work arounds.   Rather than re-do the trade for a BL-quality player, and the guidelines for such are very lenient, deano got butthurt about it. 

The fact that the minor league player cleared waivers before ST was a strong indication that he was not a current or future BL-quality player.  Which is the basic requirement for trading a BL salary.
5/8/2013 11:20 AM
For instance, it can be argued that Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Joakim Cruz is a future BL player.   He'll never hit death's weight but he will be a solid D catcher. 

Before he cleared waivers and was skipped in the R5, I'd have argued Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Marcus Sowers is a potential BL player.   I've used guys like him before.
5/8/2013 11:29 AM
"Hey guys . . . "
5/8/2013 11:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/8/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
I don't remember the exact situation but it was before ST.   deano had the cap space to claim said player but didn't claim him.  Then dumped some high salary for the WW cleared player.   Salary dumps are frowned upon.   However, there are simple work arounds.   Rather than re-do the trade for a BL-quality player, and the guidelines for such are very lenient, deano got butthurt about it. 

The fact that the minor league player cleared waivers before ST was a strong indication that he was not a current or future BL-quality player.  Which is the basic requirement for trading a BL salary.
Yea if you had a chance to claim a player and didn't, and now you're trading ML talent for him shortly after, than yea, that's not cool.  BL talent for BL talent, and it doesn't appear said player was BL talent.
5/8/2013 11:45 AM
Thanks for the analysis.

Signed, 4 seasons ago.
5/8/2013 11:51 AM
The whole rule came about when an owner advertised a player as available at 3 AM in the morning with the caveat of "First offer gets him".  He was traded within the hour.  The player was one of those 25th roster guys, the good pitcher who might throw 23 innings due to his DUR/STM combo, and he was moved for a training camp pitcher in order to clear some cap space.   My gripe with that was A) he wasn't available to everyone because few people are checking HBD at 3 AM B) it was an obvious salary dump C) salary dumps are not much different than buying/selling players.   So the rule was BL quality for BL quality.    In MG, a minor league player that clears waivers in the pre-season isn't BL quality.   iain claims every turd I put on waivers.
5/8/2013 11:58 AM
12 Next ▸
The Dean on YouTube Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.