DAVID ORTIZ CRIES LIKE A P*SSY!!!!! Topic

..again. 

Hey you weeping wussbag!  If you want people to stop talking about you taking PEDs, STOP TAKING PEDS, YOU CHEATING DOUCHE! 

Now take out your tampon and play baseball.

espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9257294/david-ortiz-boston-red-sox-hurt-report-suggesting-use-performance-enhancing-drugs

5/9/2013 9:09 AM
I'm assuming it's Shaughnessy if it's the Globe, and yea, he has a reputation for being a guy who prefers a provocative story rather than something that's fair.  Ortiz had a good point - he generally has ****** Aprils and gets ripped for it.  This year he has a great April, and gets accused of roiding.  It appears to be a lose-lose.
5/9/2013 9:18 AM
The guy's career arc suggests PED use.     It's really not absurd to think "******* juicer".
5/9/2013 9:39 AM
No, it's not absurd.  I would guess he's roiding.  But it doesn't mean he should write the story.

In New York, if someone from the Post wrote a story titled "Andy Pettitte appears to be juicing" that guy may not get another interview with a Yankee again.  
5/9/2013 9:43 AM
Why shouldn't he write the story?   His job is to sell newspapers(or whatever he's selling).   Suggesting that a player who certainly has the "appearance" of juicing is juicing isn't out of bounds.  Suggesting he's a child molester would be. 
5/9/2013 9:52 AM
is this a condemnation of how he cries, or rather that he was crying in general?
5/9/2013 10:04 AM
He shouldn't write the story because it's ****** to do.  Just like writing a story that Pettitte is juicing would be ****** to do.  But if he feels his sole job is to sell papers, than have at it.  
5/9/2013 10:06 AM
And yea, if I'm Papi, and I'm not juicing, I'm considering leveling this guy the next time I see him.
5/9/2013 10:08 AM
well, what would you consider his job?

he isn't a beat reporter....he has a status (deserved or not) of more of a freelance editorialist......his sole motive is to stir the pot, his only charge is to generate response
5/9/2013 10:11 AM
And it's not like Papi hasn't been linked to PED in the past.
5/9/2013 10:16 AM
So reporters shouldn't write stories that incite a response because it's a ****** thing to do?

Again, Ortiz/PED isn't Ortiz/child molester.   There is a legit suspicion that's he's used before.   
5/9/2013 10:20 AM
Accusing someone of roiding, in print, is pretty ******.  The worst thing you could call someone in the baseball world, now (as it relates to baseball), is a roider.  It's a very touchy issue.  But he's a troll, and a good one.  

You want to write a "good" story?  Bring this up, talk about how Papi has been tested 6 times already this year, and talk about how the roiders are ahead of the testers and how it's a problem, and that baseball isn't any better when it comes to roids than it was before this stringent testing started.  That people will still suspect Papi despite the fact that he's one of the most tested players in the game.  But to simply write a story that Papi is juicing because he's hitting well? I feel it's irresponsible and lazy.

5/9/2013 10:54 AM
"But you fit all the models. You are from the Dominican Republic. You are an older player. Older players don’t get better..."

And Dan is Irish, so I'll accuse him of being an angry alcoholic.  

5/9/2013 11:08 AM
If you've seen him cursing at someone in a bar, you'd be justified in doing so.

Ortiz was on the PED list.   He said he tested positive because of a mixture of legal supplements and vitamins.   He EXPLODED as a power hitter in Boston, 'roid haven, after not being much more than an average power guy in MN.   He played, and was buddies, with Manny(who was suspended for PED twice).  His power numbers went south when baseball started taking PED seriously.   Now, at his age, he's hitting again.   Go figure.
5/9/2013 11:23 AM
He hit last year too.  And the year before.  And the year before.

Again, I would guess he's juicing.  But that's not the point.
5/9/2013 11:26 AM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
DAVID ORTIZ CRIES LIKE A P*SSY!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.