Transfer budget in odd numbered increments Topic

Size of contract/IFA isn't this issue, as free market will sort that out.

It comes back to, do you feel that budgeting is a fun part of the game or is it not, and there are some on both sides of the fence.
5/15/2013 9:52 AM
No one thinks budgeting is fun.   Some might think there's a strategy involved but that strategy would simply mutate into a different strategy. 

Example:

I have 20m in training, medical and HS scouting.    I have 8 in IFA(because I'm officially hedging my bets on IFA from now on with the pool idea).  I'd like to add a couple big money FA to my current 72m payroll but will I be able to get value?   Should I increase IFA to 12 so I can see more IFA with better projections?  Should I decrease it to 4m and go balls out for FA no matter what?   Should I just leave it at 8m and delay the decision to next year?

What would help me determine what to do?   MWR for some teams, expected available FA, draft position, current salary situation for others, coaches who will re-sign and IFA budgeting for some teams.    Lots of things to think about.   Guess wrong and I've got 4m in IFA  scouting and 56m to spend. 
5/15/2013 10:05 AM
I think budgeting is fun. Seriously. But I also like doing the budgeting and plans at work.
5/15/2013 10:21 AM
OK, one person thinks it's fun.    I'd be more prone to accept a "But strategy is removed" argument. 

As I said, I think budgeting becomes different as someone like me would be "penalized" for always keeping money in IFA when they may not use it.    The owner that says "Screw it.  I'm FA-buying every time!!!!" will budget 0 in IFA but might get shut down in FA and be stuck with 33m for prospects.   His strategy will have to be to make trades in order to not be "penalized" for having way too much prospect money.  

Anyway, the pool would put more cash into the game and, as you said, the free market will sort it out.
5/15/2013 10:29 AM
I recently got caught with a 1.7 million budget leftover after coach hiring.  Personally, I think the coaching budget should be movable in any increment once coach hiring has been completed for that season.  Who cares if you have 4 million, 1.7 million or 300K leftover.  Once coach hiring is done it is completely dead money, why not be able to move it to payroll or prospects

Therefore, being able to move anyu increment, with the normal 50% penalty, would be a good improvement. 
5/15/2013 11:38 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Demostrates that you don't listen when people say you drone on and are as boring as ice melting.
5/15/2013 5:54 PM

Yeah, he and I may agree but I'm not reading that to find out.

5/15/2013 7:34 PM
I don't consider it my problem you don't have the attention span and reading comprehension skills to read for 1 minute and remember what you read.  I"m confident the people who might do something with the ideas have the required mental abilities you lack.
5/16/2013 12:58 PM
I'm on this earth for a limited amount of time.    I'm not going to spend a minute of it reading a post that could be written in 10 seconds.   Brevity is your friend. 
5/16/2013 1:19 PM
Why don't you bump Realtime FA bidding? I miss the comedy of 145 people telling you it's a bad idea and you not listening.
5/16/2013 2:09 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=460654&page=1
5/16/2013 4:33 PM
I see that it was bumped by MikeT
5/16/2013 4:35 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Transfer budget in odd numbered increments Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.