What Hoops Dynasty Feat Are You Most Proud Of? Topic

Posted by Lizak on 5/18/2013 11:58:00 AM (view original):
I know I went beyond the scope of the original question but it was the combination of events that really made the HD accomplishment special.  I can't think of the championship without putting it into the context of that time that I won it.
no, I mean winning the D1 title with Army is an achievement. I think the context is great. 
5/18/2013 12:53 PM
When I first got to D1 I took Denver in Phelan.  They were really horrible.  In my 3rd season I had a losing record but won the CT and then upset #1 Texas in the 1st round.  That was about 3 years ago, and  I have sadly not achieved anything that good since.
5/18/2013 3:21 PM
When I created an alias called billy_graham, took over Nazareth, and only recruited players with names from the Bible. In the 4th year, we won the National Tournament. Also a 69 game win streak at Palm Beach Atlantic.
5/18/2013 7:37 PM
OK, the Billy Graham thing can't be true.  But if it is, that is the winner for weirdest/coolest approach I've ever heard of.

You deserve extra points for just thinking of it.

5/18/2013 9:49 PM
I remember Chapel talking about the Billy Graham thing in a thread a long time back.  Gotta believe it's true and had to be very difficult too, I'd imagine.

The 69 game winning streak would be (I believe) the second longest of all-time in HD (haven't heard of any longer and I'm sure if it had been done in the last few years, we would have seen a thread about it).  Way back when, Lostmyth put together back-to-back 35-0 seasons, so he won at least 70.  No telling how many he won to open the third season of that run, but I do know that he used the "superteam" approach to put together his run.  12 juniors for the first title, 12 seniors for the second.  Since he would have had a team of probably all freshmen the next season, I wouldn't think that he won too many more to start the year.  Considering that Chapel was playing under the "no more than 6 to a class" limitation, in retrospect, his winning streak may have (and probably was) more impressive than LM's.  Fine, fine job of coaching AND team building.  Just my opinion....
5/18/2013 11:59 PM
◂ Prev 1234
What Hoops Dynasty Feat Are You Most Proud Of? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.