What Hoops Dynasty Feat Are You Most Proud Of? Topic

Just got my first NT championship last week at Piedmont in D3 Tarkanian. I've been playing this game for close to a decade and I had always just been playing along without ever really digging too deep. I never really thought it was overly interesting, but just kept playing as something to do. Then about two years ago I really started digging deep into the game, reading a ton of forum information, messaging with other coaches, etc. Once I jumped full on into the deep end the game became so much more interesting, and my success level started to improve. I've felt like I've been doing pretty good over the past handful of seasons, but that championship run really solidified it.
5/13/2013 3:26 PM
Winning my D3 title a couple seasons ago in Tark with an RPI good for 8th on the all-time list (if it's ever updated!).  

Also, recruiting/coaching Sebastian Abate at D2 Quincy.  He was 3x CPOY, 2x NPOY, Knight D2's all-time leading scorer, and the #21 draft pick. 
5/13/2013 7:32 PM
I started a season with the #1 ranked D1 team in Naismith and #1 D2 team in Wooden (at the same time) once. Neither won titles, of course, because that would be higher.
5/13/2013 8:07 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 5/13/2013 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gillispie on 5/13/2013 6:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by colonels19 on 5/12/2013 11:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 5/12/2013 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Getting Oklahoma in a world.
Which translated actually means...

Ratting out coach_billyg for "cheating"

enough is enough... better to agree to disagree than to crap up the forums eternally! 
Uh oh colonels, your daddy is telling you to stand down. What you going to do?
Most certainly not, and you're not done getting **** from me about what you did...I'll jab when I deem it appropriate so *pop*, there it is.
5/13/2013 10:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
People do realize this is a just game right?
5/14/2013 9:46 AM
Played an exhibition game this season vs. aejones and was only trailing by one at the half..  :)
5/14/2013 2:39 PM
Basically my Carthage career at Knight D3. Two titles in 5 seasons, including the one title split the La Verne dynasty (would have been 5 straight titles if I had lost to them in the champhioship, instead it was 2-runnerup-2) where I also beat aejones in the Final Four. Also in the 29 seasons before I arrived at Carthage, 0 NT bids, and in 30 seasons since, 26 NT bids.
5/14/2013 3:31 PM
Definitely my weird magical NT run at Skidmore a few years ago (Tark) I'd just taken over the team and they were talented but not THAT talented. Got hot at the right time I suppose and ended up beating some coaches I had no business playing against, I might've even beat aejones, I'm not sure. But, I lost to Hanover (undefeated eventual champs) by 5 points.

If Dewey Robinson can lead me to a NT and POY I'd think about switching it up.
5/14/2013 6:09 PM
probably one of the like 3 in 5 years title runs i had at sw baptist or miles. back to back is always impressive (one time at miles i went b2b and then i thought my team the third year was waaaaaaaaaay better than the first two and i coulnd't pull off the trifecta)
5/14/2013 6:49 PM
One nice thing about not being out of my first season yet... every new accomplishment is my biggest. So at this stage of my career, I guess my biggest accomplishment is finding a team in a weak conference with 7 upperclassmen in the regular rotation to ride out to an undefeated conference schedule, and an NT bid.

Either that, or beating Thomas in Allen, that was pretty neat too. :)
5/16/2013 2:29 PM
Winning back-to-back titles is pretty impressive and is one of the two things I have left to accomplish in HD before I retire.  But I wonder how many people have done the complete and total opposite in the NT and have LOST in back-to-back NT's as a 1 seed versus a 16 seed?  I've lost as a 1 seed versus a 16 before, but never in two straight NT's.  Anyone ever "accomplished" this feat (I know of at least one coach who has, by the way)?
5/17/2013 1:09 PM
Winning the D1 championship at Army while on a tour of Germany where my daughter was playing on an all star soccer team against German teams.  So cool to hang out there for 10 days while watching my kid play international soccer and then to watch my Army team take the title.  Honestly, I don't know which was cooler - winning the championship or her scoring a meaningless "international" goal in a blowout game.
5/17/2013 10:52 PM
Posted by Lizak on 5/17/2013 10:52:00 PM (view original):
Winning the D1 championship at Army while on a tour of Germany where my daughter was playing on an all star soccer team against German teams.  So cool to hang out there for 10 days while watching my kid play international soccer and then to watch my Army team take the title.  Honestly, I don't know which was cooler - winning the championship or her scoring a meaningless "international" goal in a blowout game.
Could have stopped after Winning the D1 Championship at Army and it would have been a good story...cool post!
5/18/2013 2:33 AM
I know I went beyond the scope of the original question but it was the combination of events that really made the HD accomplishment special.  I can't think of the championship without putting it into the context of that time that I won it.
5/18/2013 11:58 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
What Hoops Dynasty Feat Are You Most Proud Of? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.