Can HBD Customer Service Speak English? Topic

In his latest,  gracious, thoughtful,  and responsive post regarding yesterday's and today's HBD dowmtime,  HBD Customer Service Rep tzentmeyer informed us WIS has installed additional software checks to inform them of performance issues in the future that will enable WIS to respond more quickly to those issues.  This,  more or less, was  what I was requesting in my initial post in this thread.  More than I requested really.  I was merely trying to get WIS to think about improving its systems,  to study the problem,  not necessiarly make overt system changes.

Based on tzentmeyer's response I think we are going to have to go ahead and mark this thread as a big W for tomfool and a big L for MikeT23 and his acolytes whose predictible, habitual,   kneejerk opposition to critical thinking regarding potential HBD improvements lost out to good sense and good customer relations this time. 

5/15/2013 9:33 PM
tomfool is still a fool and a whiner.   Does he need any cheese?
5/15/2013 9:56 PM
Posted by dlmose on 5/15/2013 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Does that 99.998% of going as planned include when a guy with 50's splits and 40's control throws a no-no at you?

Hate when that happens
5/15/2013 10:03 PM
Posted by tomfool on 5/15/2013 6:04:00 AM (view original):
When WIS's server seizes up for hours on end,  as it is right now (at least in Roy Hobbs World), would it be too much of an ordeal for a WIS customer service representative to get in this forum and give the customers some information about the length of downtown? 
Wasn't the point of the original post that WIS should let the customers know about an outage more quickly, while tz's gracious, thoughtful and responsive post said WIS would make sure its staff found out about an outage more quickly? Any old fool knows WIS should act as quickly as it can to resolve server issues, but there was disagreement about your original complaint about their not sending customers an automated notice that there was a server issue. My critical thinking might be lacking, but my publisher and readers would probably verify that my reading comprehension is passable. Nice W for you, though.
5/15/2013 10:20 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 5/15/2013 10:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dlmose on 5/15/2013 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Does that 99.998% of going as planned include when a guy with 50's splits and 40's control throws a no-no at you?

Hate when that happens
Wrong White Sox!
More Joe Cowley!
5/15/2013 10:39 PM
Posted by tomfool on 5/15/2013 9:33:00 PM (view original):
In his latest,  gracious, thoughtful,  and responsive post regarding yesterday's and today's HBD dowmtime,  HBD Customer Service Rep tzentmeyer informed us WIS has installed additional software checks to inform them of performance issues in the future that will enable WIS to respond more quickly to those issues.  This,  more or less, was  what I was requesting in my initial post in this thread.  More than I requested really.  I was merely trying to get WIS to think about improving its systems,  to study the problem,  not necessiarly make overt system changes.

Based on tzentmeyer's response I think we are going to have to go ahead and mark this thread as a big W for tomfool and a big L for MikeT23 and his acolytes whose predictible, habitual,   kneejerk opposition to critical thinking regarding potential HBD improvements lost out to good sense and good customer relations this time. 

Yes, this "Can HBD Customer Service Speak English?" certainly indicates that was, more or less, what you were requesting.

Nonetheless, congrats on your victory.   Would an acceptance speech be to much of an ask?   I know I'd LOVE to hear it.  
5/16/2013 6:56 AM

But I'm not sure your question has been answered.    HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!

5/16/2013 6:58 AM
Please,  Mike.  Don't lower yourself to the level of your lower,  most fawning acolytes.  I might lose respect for you.  I know that,  despite your playacting,  you are not literally 100% literally minded;  that,  when you choose to,  you can recognize metaphor,  symbols,  irony,  tropes,  and  suchlike uses of the English language.  I know that you know how to read a headline.  We all know that you know that a headline,  all headlines, are  attention-getting devices.  The purpose of any headline is to hook the reader,  get her to read the article,  or the thread,  that follows.  (That is why the marginally literate are so often offended or angered by headlines.  Headlines are,  of necessity,  exgagerated,  garish,  colourful, emotion-enducing,  attention-grabbing *****' crows.)

Thus "Can HBD Customer Service Speak English."  The purpose of the thread was to provoke discussion of the thought that HBD might be able to communicate information about their downages better,  more timely;  primarily to provoke tzentmeyer's discussion of said thought.  That goal has been achieved.  Thus my grand,  manly "W"  flies high and proud,  for all HBD to view,  share in and enjoy.  (As your abject "L"  languishes in the dust of defeat and embitterment.)

This great and glorious triumph - not just for myself but for tzentmeyer and all of HBD - could not have been achieved if this thread had not been read.  And the thread might not have been read but for the provocative,  over the top headline.  I know you know this.  I know you know I know this.  I know you know I know tzentmyer knows this.  So let's stop trifling with it.  This thread has served its purpose now and needs to fade into the mists of HBD folklore.

You'll recover from this thread eventually and,  using your adept,  well-honed Gestopolike tactics, go onto great triumphs in other threads with many great successes in supressing thoughtful, well-intended crritques of HBD.  Enjoy!  See you at your 100,000th HBD post party next Wednesday.
5/16/2013 10:49 AM
Any chance that people sending tickets might have triggered the change?

In all honesty, an open bashing, with a thinly-veiled racially-based insult, doesn't usually get good results.   As I asked yesterday, amidst all the belly-aching, "Did anyone, besides me, think to send a ticket?"    Admittedly, I did not ask for your fancy-schmancy automated response but, if dozens/hundreds of people sent tickets, perhaps WifS thought "Is there a better way to advise the masses of server issues?"    Because, as you know, many, many people question if anyone from WifS even reads the forums(check the suggestion forum). 
5/16/2013 10:57 AM

Am I understanding this correctly:

tomfool is saying that tzentmeyer read this thread, slapped himself in the forehead, pulled his wallet out of his back pocket, ripped out a couple of $20's, handed them to patrickm885 along with his car keys, and dispatched patrick posthaste to the nearest Best Buy to procure one of those  $35 "hardware failure alarm" thingees?

Yeah.  I can see that happening.

5/16/2013 11:13 AM

Yep, tomfool saved HBD greeny-style.

5/16/2013 11:14 AM
All hail the fool!
5/16/2013 11:22 AM
thx foolio
5/16/2013 11:46 AM
No,  no.  Please,  guys.  I love my public  just as much as my public loves me;  but,  please,  the accolades,  the thank yous,  and the other expressions of gratitide and admiration are starting to pile up to an almost excessive level.  I am sincerely humbled by the bags full of thank you notes,  cards amd letters and I will, of course,  cherish them forever.

But please.  I did what I did not for personal gain nor profit,  nor to bask in the glow of public admiration.  I did what I did for love of the game.  It's all about HBD.

But remember,  my beloveds,  that, though I am a river to my people,  tomfool will not always be among you.  I am but a simple,  solitary shephard watching over my small flock.  I have made but 109 HBD posts to Goliath's -  er......MikeT23's 2,375,313,168 posts.  The Barbarians always outnumber the civilized.  But every other advantage lies  with the civilized.  That is why the civilized always win out in the end.  Let this thread inspire each of you to take up your own individual slingshots whenever and wherever Goliath rears his heinous head,  and in whatever guise that head may take.  We do not have to sit idlely by allowing Goliath to pillage,  plunder,  and oppress.  As with all bullys Goliath is but a hollow man,  a mere bluff.  Once stood up to he always folds his flag and runs back home,  retreats into his cave of bluster,  self-absorbtion,  phoney swagger, and  neurotic preening. 

HBD is OUR game -  the people's game -  not MikeT23's ............er,  Goliath's.  So always feel free to speak your minds here and express openly and honestly your ideas how to make our game even better.  Don't allow yourself to be bullyed and bamboozed by beknighted bluffers.  Take up old tomfool's tattered, torn and  bloodied flag and carry it on to further victories against the forces of closed-mindedness and foul,  unmanly bullying.

I must return to life its ownself now;  but I shall be with you alway in spirit.

5/16/2013 2:26 PM (edited)
tomfool when he found out his sim was late

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvHE0pEeQQg
5/16/2013 3:38 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Can HBD Customer Service Speak English? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.