Can HBD Customer Service Speak English? Topic

You probably want to hit the button that says "ALL" below the ???

EDIT: And by ALL I mean "NONE."
5/15/2013 2:51 PM
Here's what happens if they give an automated response:

"Yeah, I know the spit out the canned response but do they even know there's a problem?"
"And, if they know there's a problem, are they working on it?"
Yeah, and if they're working on it, when will it be fixed?"
"I'm gonna demand my money back!!!!!"

5/15/2013 3:04 PM
Posted by boydndahood on 5/15/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/15/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tomfool on 5/15/2013 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Q:  "How far does a company go to please a tiny percentage of its customers base?"  -  MikeT23

A:  The question is always a good one.  And one that businesspeople grapple with all the time.

To answer the question literally,  on its face,  if it is indeed just a tiny percentage of your customer base,  and you have verified that it is only a tiny percentage,  and assumming you are not in a business with razor thin margins,  then you can ignore the issue.  Even if the entire tiny percentage of customers were to take their custom elsewhere you can afford to lose them and good riddance.

If it's something more than a tiny percentage it might be good management to research the issue a bit.

I think,  in the present case,  we are dealing with more than a tiny percentage of HBDers.  Questions,  complaints,  and generalized vents regarding WIS's unreponsiveness regarding downtime during the off hours and on weekends and holidays are too commonplace and frequent to characterize the annoyed customers as a tiny percentage.

Since it may be possible to address the issue with a $35 "hardware failure alarm" (as discussed above) I am of the opinion that WIS ought to go ahead and spend the $35.  Where's the harm?  Even if MikeT23 is right and I and my vast regiment of HBD friends and supporters are merely a tiny percentage of HBD's even vaster customer base it's just $35.  Even if MikeT23 is right and we're  just a bunch of Chicken Littles,  and that we all just "suck balls"  (one of MikeT23's favorite compliments),  we're customers too.  Our $23.95 spends the same as MikeT23's $23.95.  And,  since we are nervous nellies,  Chicken Littles, without lives of our own,  monitoring our HBD team 24/7,  and posting 365 HBD Forum posts per day,  per person,  we like to be talked to,  we need reassurance,  even if its just a bot's reassurance.  Spend the $35 already!
I assume that you don't have a background in Information Technology.

That LAST THING that you want is a piece of hardware or software sending out automated messages to your customer base in response to some sort of failure.  To your IT support staff, yes, definitely.  But not to the customer.  Those communications need to come from the IT staff after an initial triage of the problem, with additional updates disseminated after additional diagnosis has been done and a corrective plan of action has been determined.

WIS handled the communication in this instance appropriately.  Whether they internally were notified of the problems and reacted in a timely manner is a separate question.
something is still up in Erffdog world partner, doesnt show standing and a bunch of ???s in the area where it normally shows the box scores. May want to get all the kinks worked out before taking a victory lap on the boards....
Complaint FAIL!!!
5/15/2013 3:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/15/2013 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Q:  "How far does a company go to please a tiny percentage of its customers base?"  -  MikeT23

A:  The question is always a good one.  And one that businesspeople grapple with all the time.

To answer the question literally,  on its face,  if it is indeed just a tiny percentage of your customer base,  and you have verified that it is only a tiny percentage,  and assumming you are not in a business with razor thin margins,  then you can ignore the issue.  Even if the entire tiny percentage of customers were to take their custom elsewhere you can afford to lose them and good riddance.

If it's something more than a tiny percentage it might be good management to research the issue a bit.

I think,  in the present case,  we are dealing with more than a tiny percentage of HBDers.  Questions,  complaints,  and generalized vents regarding WIS's unreponsiveness regarding downtime during the off hours and on weekends and holidays are too commonplace and frequent to characterize the annoyed customers as a tiny percentage.

Since it may be possible to address the issue with a $35 "hardware failure alarm" (as discussed above) I am of the opinion that WIS ought to go ahead and spend the $35.  Where's the harm?  Even if MikeT23 is right and I and my vast regiment of HBD friends and supporters are merely a tiny percentage of HBD's even vaster customer base it's just $35.  Even if MikeT23 is right and we're  just a bunch of Chicken Littles,  and that we all just "suck balls"  (one of MikeT23's favorite compliments),  we're customers too.  Our $23.95 spends the same as MikeT23's $23.95.  And,  since we are nervous nellies,  Chicken Littles, without lives of our own,  monitoring our HBD team 24/7,  and posting 365 HBD Forum posts per day,  per person,  we like to be talked to,  we need reassurance,  even if its just a bot's reassurance.  Spend the $35 already!
You say it's $35.  I don't know that to be fact.  Please provide the source of your info and, while you're at it, send the info to WifS via a ticket.  Maybe they don't know about this $35 warning device.

Nonetheless, despite having no life, monitoring my teams 24/7 and posting 365 times per day, my panties were a lot less wadded up than some with regards to a delayed sim time.    In fact, I'd say my panties weren't wadded at all.   Can you say the same?
Why do you do this,  Mike?  Constantly do this?  Jump on every,  single post that displeases you and try to cut off all discussion and debate?  You are such a zealous,  vigilant apologist for HBD that,  down the years,  you have often been asked if you are on WIS's payroll.  If you were to answer that question in the affirmative I could understand your behavior.

Customer complaints are one department most businesspeople prefer to avoid.  Most complaints are misplaced or mistaken.  Some are outright scams or cons,  attempts to get something for nothing.  The complaint department is almost always viewed as a necessary evil.  The complaint department is not a pleasant place to be.

But some astute businesspeople learn that, occassionly,  profitable ideas or tactics can be gleaned from customers' complaints;  particularly complaints that are commonplace,  frequent and that occur over a long period of time.  (Such as the longstanding,  frequent complaints regarding WIS's uncommunicativeness in the off hours regarding hardware downages.)

With many businesses the complaint department is merely a front.  Manned by temps or trainees.  A mere PR device uninterested in learning anything from customer complaints.  I have heard tell that some businesses hire intimidating bullies rather than temps or trainees to man their complaint departments,  in an attempt to discourage complaints,  to minimize the time and expense devoted to complaints.

Is that what you are,  Mike?  HBD's Complaint Department?  Hired to nip customer complaints in the bud by bullying and browbeating and belittling complaining customers so relentessly as to  cut off discussion and debate before it leads to anything?  (Either constructive or destructive?)   If so you are certainly good at your job. 
5/15/2013 3:33 PM
Actually, more than just him are jumping on you.

Mainly because you are 2nd only to Arlen in terms of whine factor, and there is something about your passive aggressive ******** that grates.

And you type way too much to boot.
5/15/2013 3:39 PM
Who's the jackwad who implied I have no life?    Many others have called you a babbling fool yet you seemed especially offended when I pointed out that only a small group, a very small group, of customers complained because their internet sim games were late and no one seemed to be telling them why.   Why was that?  Hell, I even defended you when someone called you an embarrassment to all humans.    So you tell me.    WTF is your problem?   Outside of the wadded up panties because your little internet game was simmed when you expected?
5/15/2013 3:40 PM
But, to completely answer your question, I think WifS spoiled the customer base long ago by providing too much info, too much insight as to what was going on behind the scenes.    Now they get whiney ******* griping as if the world just ended because their game was late.    I compare much of the complaining that goes on around here to the little old lady in the grocery line checking every line of her receipt and then complaining that her can of beans should have been 69 cents instead of the 72 cents she was charged.   So, while everyone waits, the bag boy has to go check in order to confirm that the beans really were 72 cents.   If I have a nickel in my pocket, I'll hand it to her just to move on to more important things.    Since I can't send you a nickel, I explain why your whining is silliness epitomized.   I do this in hope that you won't complain over 3 cents in the grocery line next time. 
5/15/2013 3:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/15/2013 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Well, I don't know about embarrassing the entire human race.    Maybe just lacking a little perspective.   We'd all like to think someone is sitting in front of his monitoring system making sure all is well on the HBD sim front.   But I think most of us know that isn't even remotely the reality.   We pay them about a quarter a day for each team to let us play a game.  99.998% of the time, everything goes as planned.    It's just silly to expect someone to monitor the situation around the clock for that .002% when it doesn't.    It's simply not cost-effective. 
Me defending you.  

The only person in this thread to do so.  

Be grateful.   Say "Thank you".

SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/15/2013 3:48 PM
Silly me.  I missed that part where you defended me,  Mike.  Thanks.  I won't forget and will return the favor at first opportunity.  But,  Mike,  I've always said you are a Prince Among All Small Trucking Firm Managers and one of the very best part-time employees WIS has got.  And you can rely on it,  as soon as you pass that 100,000th WIS post landmark (which should be any day now)  I'm going to send you the biggest,  sweetest cake you ever have et.  Enjoy.
5/15/2013 3:54 PM
WifS probably should comp me some teams.   But, again, I think the squeaky wheel will always get the oil.    Sometimes it's just a squeaky wheel and needs to be told to STFU before someone with the oil attends to their non-existent needs.   I'm here to do that.  
5/15/2013 3:57 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/15/2013 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by boydndahood on 5/15/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/15/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):

I assume that you don't have a background in Information Technology.

That LAST THING that you want is a piece of hardware or software sending out automated messages to your customer base in response to some sort of failure.  To your IT support staff, yes, definitely.  But not to the customer.  Those communications need to come from the IT staff after an initial triage of the problem, with additional updates disseminated after additional diagnosis has been done and a corrective plan of action has been determined.

WIS handled the communication in this instance appropriately.  Whether they internally were notified of the problems and reacted in a timely manner is a separate question.
something is still up in Erffdog world partner, doesnt show standing and a bunch of ???s in the area where it normally shows the box scores. May want to get all the kinks worked out before taking a victory lap on the boards....
Complaint FAIL!!!
DEM COOKIES!!!! LOL

Or wait, am I supposed to ask for a free season because when you updated us you never told us that we may need to reset our front page settings back to where they were.... 
5/15/2013 5:37 PM (edited)
Exactly what good would an automated "sever failed" message do when it's obvious to all that there's a server failure?
5/15/2013 6:10 PM

So we'd know they know.

Oh, wait, it's automated.  That's not it.

5/15/2013 7:35 PM
Wow, if a small WIS server glitch causes this much uproar and heartache gotta hope there are no solar storms on the horizon. Just wondering, what is the necessity of re-posting all of the grumblings/ramblings posted previously? Wouldn't a sentence or so do? Think I'll color this horse dead at any rate. 
5/15/2013 8:17 PM
When tomfool needs his sim fix, he really needs his sim fix.
5/15/2013 9:18 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Can HBD Customer Service Speak English? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.