State Farm Squads: How Can I Assist? Topic

god that was a ridiculous and tone deaf response from seble, what an ******
5/26/2013 12:02 PM
OK sly, I'll bite. Can you explain the FG% bump as a result of the ast% to me using your appoach to the SIM? The above post isn't much help. I've seen much discussion discribing the effect, but no discussion on the machinism. I'm not trolling here, I'm debating, I'm actually interested in understanding the effect. Right or wrong, I'm the only one to offer an explaination of the ast% effect. I invite others to take a crack at it, then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion. I'm quickly losing interest in "character assasination" and "historical" recounts.
5/26/2013 12:45 PM (edited)
btw, recounting owners historical records is not necessary, I've reviewed most owners profiles and I'm well aware if your ring count. I'm more interested in today.
5/27/2013 12:37 AM (edited)
Posted by felonius on 5/26/2013 12:02:00 PM (view original):
My favorite part from that:  "Usually, it is inaccurate guesswork that is presented as fact."  If you inserted that sentence into a description of how seble does his job it'd be more on point.
5/26/2013 12:55 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 5/26/2013 12:23:00 PM (view original):
btw, recanting owners historical records is not necessary, I've reviewed most owners files and am well aware if your ring count. I'm more interested in today.
what's the definition of recant? hint: it's not when you arent able to put something back into a can
5/26/2013 1:01 PM
Posted by slymonium on 5/26/2013 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by felonius on 5/26/2013 12:02:00 PM (view original):
My favorite part from that:  "Usually, it is inaccurate guesswork that is presented as fact."  If you inserted that sentence into a description of how seble does his job it'd be more on point.
and the thing was there was no guess work involved - monkee was simply stating (and quite clearly so) the logical and absurd opposites of the way the sim at the time worked - in fact if you had gone against everything monkee suggested you would have had a competitive team

now in the case of old smoke on the other hand, 'inaccurate guesswork' is a kindness
5/26/2013 1:03 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 5/26/2013 12:45:00 PM (view original):
OK sly, I'll bite. Can you explain the FG% bump as a result of the ast% to me using your appoach to the SIM? The above post isn't much help. I've seen much discussion discribing the effect, but no discussion on the machinism. I'm not trolling here, I'm debating, I'm actually interested in understanding the effect. Right or wrong, I'm the only one to offer an explaination of the ast% effect. I invite others to take a crack at it, then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion. I'm quickly losing interest in "character assasination" and "historical" recounts.
"Can you explain the FG% bump as a result of the ast% to me using your appoach to the SIM?"  Sure smokey.  I shall again simply refer you to the Knowledge Base.  (I've made it easy for you and just posted it below.)  More ast% should positively impact the shooting percentage of the player's team on offense.  Of course, increasing the ast% on any given team likely will result in lower rb%, lower d, etc. as you give up one thing for another to meet cap requirements.

"Right or wrong, I'm the only one to offer an explaination of the ast% effect."   Um, no.  See the first post in this thread by ash, whereby he has conducted an experiment and posted the results of the experiment along with analysis of said results.  (Though the link to the spreadsheet doesn't work.  ash can you take a look at that?)  You could also refer to the Knowledge Base below. 

We all want intelligent discussion here (in most cases anyway).  If you want to be a contributing part to one, I would suggest thoroughly exploring the forums for all the discussion you could ever want on any topic and would suggest reading the Knowledge Base.  Then you may be in a position to offer your thoughts.  Making statements like, "The basketball stratagy is that the extra passes frees up more uncontested shots resulting in a higher FG%." screams that you have no idea how this SIM works.

#723 Advanced Stats Q. What is Assist%?
  A. Assist% is an estimate of the percentage of a team's made field goals on which the player assisted while he was on the floor. In the SimEngine, Assist% is a component that can impact (positively or negatively) the shooting percentage of the player's team on offense. It also helps determine if a made field goal resulted from an assist and if so, which player is credited with the assist.

5/26/2013 1:17 PM
We all want intelligent discussion here (in most cases anyway).  If you want to be a contributing part to one, I would suggest thoroughly exploring the forums for all the discussion you could ever want on any topic and would suggest reading the Knowledge Base.  Then you may be in a position to offer your thoughts.  Making statements like, "The basketball stratagy is that the extra passes frees up more uncontested shots resulting in a higher FG%." screams that you have no idea how this SIM works.

Smokey, this (the above) is the bottom line.  You are either ignorant or misinformed.  I don't wish to have a discussion with someone who is in such a state and refuses to learn what is actually true.  I've put the warning in the initial post of this thread, so anybody who listens to you and ends up doing worse because of it, well, that's their fault.  They've been warned.  You are now going on ignore so that I don't have to see your pointless babbling.
5/26/2013 1:36 PM
Sly, try the spreadsheet now.
5/26/2013 1:48 PM
Excellent, thanks.
5/26/2013 3:01 PM
Your using clones, I'm done here.
5/26/2013 3:12 PM
I'll just bring it to the cyberwood. See you there...
5/26/2013 3:13 PM
Making statements to the effect that I'm unaware of what's printed in the "Knowledge Base", is a joke, much like your interpetation of the game.
5/26/2013 3:20 PM
Now I'm Trolling...
5/26/2013 3:22 PM
blah blah blah all I see is

You are blocking the author of this post, smokey57.

(most sense he's made since he joined this site)
5/26/2013 3:53 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
State Farm Squads: How Can I Assist? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.