State Farm Squads: How Can I Assist? Topic

Oh, and Steph was absolutely insane, he was actually averaging 48 PP48 until real late in the season, still around 46 PP48 though.
10/5/2016 2:51 AM
Well, forget that. Lost 4-2 in the 1st round of the playoffs to a team I was 7-1 against in the regular season. Series started off poorly since 15-16 Steph fouled out in 22 minutes (and at the 5:00 mark in the 3rd quarter) in game 2, starting a string of 3 straight losses by a total of 5 points.

The elimination game my opponent had Chris Paul and 15-16 Steph at under 88% status for the whole game (think they ended up at 82/83)...he played a 7 man rotation basically the last 4 games (good on him, just leaves a slightly sour taste), playing Steph + Paul 48 minutes a game the last 4.
10/14/2016 3:59 AM
I've come to realize my teams just suck in the playoffs (I've made the playoffs in 95% of my teams, only 5 have made the finals (out of about 50)). Not sure if that's how I manage them (I didn't really change much from the regular season rotation/defense/etc except to play Stockton/Curry/Rodman 4 more minutes a game.

Pretty sure the fact that the Stockton/Stockton/Magic/Lebron/Noah team in my division went 36-2 down the stretch, not allowing me to rest any of my guys at all, didn't help either.

Oh well, this may be the most discouraging loss in the playoffs yet :( Ended up outscoring him in the series by 18 points too even though I lost.
10/14/2016 4:03 AM (edited)
I totally hear ya, elguapo...I just have a smaller sample, but with similar results. My teams have made the playoffs 15 times in 17 seasons, but the finals only 3 times. One of my finals losses was with a 72 win team. I won my only championship because Charles Barkley missed a layup with 1 second left in game 7. There's something different about the playoffs in this sim that I don't understand. It is discouraging.
10/15/2016 2:27 PM
I officially can say I know nothing about this SIM now. So, the player who beat me kept playing Curry and Chris Paul 48 minutes a game, and should have taken the first two games of the Conference Finals (lost the first game by 1, won the 2nd by 20+). Against the Stockton/Stockton/Magic/Lebron/Noah team. Paul and Curry continue to have absurd stats (Paul had a triple double in game one with 10 steals) running at ~80% fatigue levels. Does fatigue matter at all?
10/16/2016 11:28 AM
Right!!! I've often had my butt kicked by teams whose fatigue levels were ridiculously low up and down the lineup. I'm clueless
10/16/2016 4:55 PM
this standard unoriginal (PG/SG = some combination of 2x Stockton or cp3) + (SF = magic) + (PF/C = LeBron/draymond/noah/wilt) has become so overused and runs over every league. never seen one get below 60 wins. 3 out of 4 win the championship. ruining the site. even abused by many of the long-time users. ugh, whats the point
12/20/2016 11:12 AM
3 out of 4 do not win the championship. Not even close. In the last 14 open leagues I have been in only 1 of those teams has won the championship.
12/20/2016 11:28 AM
Yeah, the counter is the even more unoriginal double worm + lebron + steph + high board/defense big man combo
12/20/2016 3:22 PM
Open leagues can get kind of dull because winning strategies get imitated and there's not going to be a ton of variation. Try some theme leagues if you are looking for a variety of lineups!
12/20/2016 6:42 PM
In countering the State Farm squad, would you recommend slowing down the offense to half-court rather than up-tempo? And then for the D, any value in me considering PRESS, since my D rating across my main players is strong? Thanks
2/5/2017 11:52 AM
answered you in the other thread, but quickly:

1) Yes.
2) No.
2/6/2017 5:36 PM
Thank you sir..
2/6/2017 9:46 PM
WhatIfSports.com: Fantasy Sports Simulation -- SimLeague Basketball Boxscore

Do playoffs games count toward the record book? guess i'll find out in a day or so. I'd like to have an "honest" record Abrondon hasn't sniped yet
2/4/2019 2:03 PM
don't think so, but I'm not sure.
2/4/2019 4:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13
State Farm Squads: How Can I Assist? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.