851 overall D3 player! Topic

Posted by kmasonbx on 5/24/2013 10:49:00 AM (view original):
This illustrates my only real beef with the game engine. There is no way this guy shouldn't be able to average over 30 a game, efficiently in D3. If he was on my A+ UNC team he'd have the 2nd highest distro on the team. Seeing 8-25 and 9-25 games back to back for this guy is just something would never happen. This is like Lebron playing in the ACC. 
To an extent I don't disagree with you, but I think team passing held him back substantially.  That's a very poor passing team all around.  I've always valued passing more than most coaches (within the new engine, since it has impacted teammates' shooting %s), and the more I seek it out the more I've continued to raise my evaluation of its importance.  I think there is actually a substantial factor in shooting percentages that derives from teammates' passing ratings, much more so than I would have initially guessed.  The difference between a fairly poor-passing team like this Westminster squad and a team like my current Methodist group, assuming he replaced Chauvin at the 2, might be .025 or .03, if not even a little more.
5/24/2013 4:47 PM
dahs, I agree in general about Passing but calling Westy "a very poor passing team all around" is a ridiculous statement.  If you just think the starting PG with 58 Passing sucks then that's fine..but the rest of the team is pretty damn good at passing.  Team average of 45 is 5th best in D3 Iba.

I actually think the weak front court had more to do with Hodgy's underwhelming shooting than anything else.  The bigs are definitely nothing special.
5/24/2013 5:11 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/24/2013 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kmasonbx on 5/24/2013 10:49:00 AM (view original):
This illustrates my only real beef with the game engine. There is no way this guy shouldn't be able to average over 30 a game, efficiently in D3. If he was on my A+ UNC team he'd have the 2nd highest distro on the team. Seeing 8-25 and 9-25 games back to back for this guy is just something would never happen. This is like Lebron playing in the ACC. 
To an extent I don't disagree with you, but I think team passing held him back substantially.  That's a very poor passing team all around.  I've always valued passing more than most coaches (within the new engine, since it has impacted teammates' shooting %s), and the more I seek it out the more I've continued to raise my evaluation of its importance.  I think there is actually a substantial factor in shooting percentages that derives from teammates' passing ratings, much more so than I would have initially guessed.  The difference between a fairly poor-passing team like this Westminster squad and a team like my current Methodist group, assuming he replaced Chauvin at the 2, might be .025 or .03, if not even a little more.
.025 or 0.03 of what?  Are you talking offensive efficiency here?
5/24/2013 6:19 PM
Posted by killbatman on 5/24/2013 5:11:00 PM (view original):
dahs, I agree in general about Passing but calling Westy "a very poor passing team all around" is a ridiculous statement.  If you just think the starting PG with 58 Passing sucks then that's fine..but the rest of the team is pretty damn good at passing.  Team average of 45 is 5th best in D3 Iba.

I actually think the weak front court had more to do with Hodgy's underwhelming shooting than anything else.  The bigs are definitely nothing special.
But the actual good passers are underclassmen.  The top three rated passers aren't starters. 

Very poor passing maybe a stretch, but it certainly isn't the elite status that you would think of as the fourth best in all of DIII.

5/24/2013 7:19 PM
◂ Prev 12
851 overall D3 player! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.