some splainin' to do... Topic

Posted by isack24 on 5/28/2013 12:15:00 AM (view original):
Aside from being unnecessarily condescending about the long-term users, I think you're missing the point. Those are the people who keep HD alive. Without them, the site will eventually be done. 

Regardless, how does this rule make any more sense than the old rule? Why not just ban two teams in one world? At least that isn't completely arbitrary.
the good thing is that the long time users who care so much and who so many people say helped them out, are getting fed up, leaving, and getting replaced by guys like nacho. definitely some of the best changes that have ever happened to this site....
5/28/2013 12:36 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/28/2013 12:36:00 AM (view original):
Aside from being unnecessarily condescending about the long-term users, I think you're missing the point. Those are the people who keep HD alive. Without them, the site will eventually be done. 

Regardless, how does this rule make any more sense than the old rule? Why not just ban two teams in one world? At least that isn't completely arbitrary.
the good thing is that the long time users who care so much and who so many people say helped them out, are getting fed up, leaving, and getting replaced by guys like nacho. definitely some of the best changes that have ever happened to this site....
thanks, I'm kinda flattered hearing that from you.

Are we friends now?

5/28/2013 12:42 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/28/2013 12:20:00 AM (view original):

You live in f*cking candyland.

All the old cheating users are a dying breed precisely because they are finally being called out on their sh*t. 
I just gave up NC State, at A+ prestige, to move to a d2 Puerto Rico team because of all this talk in the forums. Nobody called me out, plenty of people (including in both of my leagues) knew I was at 2 schools in utter violation of the 1000-mile rule, and nobody "called me out" on it.

End result, I'm playing out the string on a couple of seasons, seeing if I can talk myself into keeping this team on the theory that "i haven't been in d2 in a while, maybe it'll be fun"... I've played over 150 seasons on 3 different IDs (wronoj, thedonger, nc2457829305), and I've paid for lots of them. I've had some success, but not a ton, and I've enjoyed the game, made some friends, and helped some new players. Odds are that I'll play a few more seasons on that team and walk away. I find it hard to see how that is good for the game.
5/28/2013 9:32 PM
Posted by wronoj on 5/28/2013 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/28/2013 12:20:00 AM (view original):

You live in f*cking candyland.

All the old cheating users are a dying breed precisely because they are finally being called out on their sh*t. 
I just gave up NC State, at A+ prestige, to move to a d2 Puerto Rico team because of all this talk in the forums. Nobody called me out, plenty of people (including in both of my leagues) knew I was at 2 schools in utter violation of the 1000-mile rule, and nobody "called me out" on it.

End result, I'm playing out the string on a couple of seasons, seeing if I can talk myself into keeping this team on the theory that "i haven't been in d2 in a while, maybe it'll be fun"... I've played over 150 seasons on 3 different IDs (wronoj, thedonger, nc2457829305), and I've paid for lots of them. I've had some success, but not a ton, and I've enjoyed the game, made some friends, and helped some new players. Odds are that I'll play a few more seasons on that team and walk away. I find it hard to see how that is good for the game.
Good riddance.  We're better off with nacho and stinenavy.

(I hope you can sense the sarcasm)
5/28/2013 10:26 PM
I had respect for nacho until I read his posts in this thread.

If you want to argue, can you at least do it without sounding like a 12 year old?
5/29/2013 1:49 AM
"Posted by isack24 on 5/28/2013 12:15:00 AM (view original):
Aside from being unnecessarily condescending about the long-term users, I think you're missing the point. Those are the people who keep HD alive. Without them, the site will eventually be done. "

Not that I have any numbers to prove it but I think that is a gross exageration.
5/29/2013 10:26 AM
This site would be dead if it wasn't for those people. Sorry, just a fact. Throughout time, you're talking about just abotu every coach that anyone lists as elite. Some exceptions, of course, but not that many.

Sure, the game could survive now without those guys, but it wouldn't be here without them.
5/29/2013 10:35 AM
What? You think the game would have died because of a few coaches? Get a grip.
5/29/2013 3:23 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 5/29/2013 3:23:00 PM (view original):
What? You think the game would have died because of a few coaches? Get a grip.
most of the top coaches in the game have had multiple teams in a world, its not just a few. you think people are dumb enough to think the game would die over a couple coaches? i guess you have a wealth of personal experience to draw from there, but seriously, not everyone is like you. get a grip.
5/29/2013 3:26 PM
So the game would have died if a few coaches didn't have multiple teams?

A bit egotistical, even by your standards.
5/29/2013 3:41 PM
The game is closer to dying than it was before some coaches had to give up teams.  Less human coached teams = closer to dying.  It's simple math, even for stinenavy.
5/29/2013 3:46 PM
What proof is out there that OW, or Gill, or I, or any of about 30 other coaches gained an advantage from having multiple teams in a world? And not conjecture that since we had multiple teams we must have shared information. What specific proof do you have?

That is the biggest issue with the 1000 mile rule, not its arbitrary nature. But without any plan to identify multiple accounts the only people you weed out are those who are upfront about their alternate IDs and/or did nothing to conceal them. Those users, regardless of length of coaching tenure, are the ones LEAST likely to be doing anything inappropriate. I mean, if I wanted to cheat I would not have picked the user names I had, or told anyone about them. And if I were a coach who were interested in using multiple accounts to my advantage, the 1000 mile rule wouldn't stop that.

So essentially, the 1000 mile rule alienates some of the most dedicated coaches, while doing absolutely nothing to actually address people gaining an advantage from having multiple teams in one world.
5/29/2013 4:11 PM
Posted by acn24 on 5/29/2013 4:11:00 PM (view original):
What proof is out there that OW, or Gill, or I, or any of about 30 other coaches gained an advantage from having multiple teams in a world? And not conjecture that since we had multiple teams we must have shared information. What specific proof do you have?

That is the biggest issue with the 1000 mile rule, not its arbitrary nature. But without any plan to identify multiple accounts the only people you weed out are those who are upfront about their alternate IDs and/or did nothing to conceal them. Those users, regardless of length of coaching tenure, are the ones LEAST likely to be doing anything inappropriate. I mean, if I wanted to cheat I would not have picked the user names I had, or told anyone about them. And if I were a coach who were interested in using multiple accounts to my advantage, the 1000 mile rule wouldn't stop that.

So essentially, the 1000 mile rule alienates some of the most dedicated coaches, while doing absolutely nothing to actually address people gaining an advantage from having multiple teams in one world.
the problem with this logic is that its logical. why should anyone care if the rule put in place to stop cheating actually does anything to stop cheating or not?? 
5/29/2013 4:48 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 5/29/2013 3:41:00 PM (view original):

If you think it was only "a few," you're kidding yourself.

Even seble said he was shocked how many people this affected.

5/29/2013 6:03 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 5/29/2013 3:41:00 PM (view original):

did i say that? no. i said it wasnt a few, thats all i said. actually, i also asked if you really thought people were stupid enough to think the game would die from not having a few coaches. i cant decide if you are just trying to be an idiot intentionally or if its legitimate.
5/29/2013 6:12 PM
◂ Prev 123
some splainin' to do... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.