some splainin' to do... Topic

How would it have been any different had he been 1,000 miles apart? The recruiting incident is what it is.

The mitigation argument is pointless. People keep saying, "he knew the rule," and the rest of us keep saying, "yeah, and WiS knew about all of these people and made it pretty clear that they didn't care about people who already had teams inside 1,000." Neither side seems to care what the other side is saying. There's really no more point in talking about it.
5/27/2013 10:40 PM
Posted by ike1024 on 5/27/2013 10:40:00 PM (view original):
How would it have been any different had he been 1,000 miles apart? The recruiting incident is what it is.

The mitigation argument is pointless. People keep saying, "he knew the rule," and the rest of us keep saying, "yeah, and WiS knew about all of these people and made it pretty clear that they didn't care about people who already had teams inside 1,000." Neither side seems to care what the other side is saying. There's really no more point in talking about it.
Well, firstly, it would have been different because he wouldn't have been violating the rules set forth by WIS in the Fairplay Guidelines. However, and I feel like you should be aware of this, the admin has taken action several times against users/accounts that were in violation of these rules.

Consequently, now that the plebeians have surveyed their surrounding, the tides have shifted.

And trust me, in the Iguana circle jerk forum I rubbed one out by saying,"I hope you'll find your way back sooner than later" and I meant it, but he was well aware of the rules for a long time and even more capable of preventing this situation.

5/27/2013 11:20 PM (edited)
i probably shouldnt ask, but what the hell does this mean? its not even a sentence. was there more to that idea?

Consequently, now that the plebeians have surveyed their surrounding, and the tides have shifted.
5/27/2013 11:21 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 5/27/2013 11:22:00 PM (view original):
i probably shouldnt ask, but what the hell does this mean? its not even a sentence. was there more to that idea?

Consequently, now that the plebeians have surveyed their surrounding, and the tides have shifted.
Easily put, there has been a paradigm shift, change in zeitgeist, or new status quo.

5/27/2013 11:37 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/27/2013 11:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ike1024 on 5/27/2013 10:40:00 PM (view original):

Well, firstly, it would have been different because he wouldn't have been violating the rules set forth by WIS in the Fairplay Guidelines. However, and I feel like you should be aware of this, the admin has taken action several times against users/accounts that were in violation of these rules.

Consequently, now that the plebeians have surveyed their surrounding, the tides have shifted.

And trust me, in the Iguana circle jerk forum I rubbed one out by saying,"I hope you'll find your way back sooner than later" and I meant it, but he was well aware of the rules for a long time and even more capable of preventing this situation.

When, prior to the recent uproar, has WiS taken action regarding this rule?

And no, it doesn't prevent anything. The recruiting thing that sent everyone over the top (and again, take a look at who the person was that actually alerted everyone to what happened) had NOTHING to do with the rule violation. 
5/27/2013 11:39 PM
Oh, there is no 'and`. I only said, "the tides have shifted," which may help.

5/27/2013 11:42 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/27/2013 11:37:00 PM (view original):

Easily put, there has been a paradigm shift, change in zeitgeist, or new status quo.

The only change is a bunch of new users who are adamant about the rule, not understanding that everyone who is open about their teams actually acquired their teams without breaking the rules.

Seble, as usual, reacted idiotically (I'm no longer mincing words with admin until they prove they have any interest in actually making this game better). Should have just created a grandfather rule at that point, as the 700-mile rule and the 1000-mile rule are essentially the same, but one has the effect of ******* off a bunch of long-time users. 
5/27/2013 11:44 PM
isack, if he would have adhered to the rules outlying WIS's Fairplay Guidelines then Iguana absolutely could have prevented his current situation...which he had a very long time to do.

It may take me a day to comb through old forums to dig up the instances, but somebody who is aware of these boards as good as you has to remember the few times this stuff rolled through here.
5/28/2013 12:01 AM
I'm sure everyone saw it. Here's the deal: I'm typically a big fan of personal accountability. But there was just a post on another thread that was dead on. WiS didn't care about the rule. Everyone knew WiS didn't care. Everyone knew OW/Iguana, acn/anadeau, billyg/gillespie, and others were inside 1,000, but no one cared. WiS knew and didn't care.

Then one day they cared. And instead of treating their most loyal customers with some reciprocal loyalty (not even saying letting them stay, just something), they treat them like **** and say, "hey, we know we didn't violate the rules in picking up these teams, and we know we weren't even in charge of the site then, and we know you paid us an assload of money, but we don't give a ****." It was a ****** way to handle the situation, and I think the blame is way more on WiS than anyone else.
5/28/2013 12:08 AM
Posted by isack24 on 5/27/2013 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/27/2013 11:37:00 PM (view original):

The only change is a bunch of new users who are adamant about the rule, not understanding that everyone who is open about their teams actually acquired their teams without breaking the rules.

Seble, as usual, reacted idiotically (I'm no longer mincing words with admin until they prove they have any interest in actually making this game better). Should have just created a grandfather rule at that point, as the 700-mile rule and the 1000-mile rule are essentially the same, but one has the effect of ******* off a bunch of long-time users. 
Alrighty then, well, I pretty much made my feelings known about how I feel about the "oldest most important" users in the original forum I started about this issue.

I couldn't disagree more. Besides how the engine determines fouls, I think the site has made the best changes concerning how it operates in years.

5/28/2013 12:09 AM
Posted by isack24 on 5/28/2013 12:08:00 AM (view original):
I'm sure everyone saw it. Here's the deal: I'm typically a big fan of personal accountability. But there was just a post on another thread that was dead on. WiS didn't care about the rule. Everyone knew WiS didn't care. Everyone knew OW/Iguana, acn/anadeau, billyg/gillespie, and others were inside 1,000, but no one cared. WiS knew and didn't care.

Then one day they cared. And instead of treating their most loyal customers with some reciprocal loyalty (not even saying letting them stay, just something), they treat them like **** and say, "hey, we know we didn't violate the rules in picking up these teams, and we know we weren't even in charge of the site then, and we know you paid us an assload of money, but we don't give a ****." It was a ****** way to handle the situation, and I think the blame is way more on WiS than anyone else.
hahahahaha, it's so funny to watch the cops bust the bigwigs who thought the pigs were on their side.

Maybe your bribe should have been more that 6 bucks every 9 months, LULZ!!!!

5/28/2013 12:14 AM
Aside from being unnecessarily condescending about the long-term users, I think you're missing the point. Those are the people who keep HD alive. Without them, the site will eventually be done. 

Regardless, how does this rule make any more sense than the old rule? Why not just ban two teams in one world? At least that isn't completely arbitrary.
5/28/2013 12:15 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/28/2013 12:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by isack24 on 5/28/2013 12:08:00 AM (view original):

hahahahaha, it's so funny to watch the cops bust the bigwigs who thought the pigs were on their side.

Maybe your bribe should have been more that 6 bucks every 9 months, LULZ!!!!

Well I wasn't violating the idiotic rule, so I don't really give a ****. 

And I don't think WiS is on anyone's side. The only thing they care about is appeasing the biggest whiners. And now they've done that.

But your sanity is clearing devolving as the night grows older, so have a good one.
5/28/2013 12:17 AM
Posted by isack24 on 5/28/2013 12:15:00 AM (view original):
Aside from being unnecessarily condescending about the long-term users, I think you're missing the point. Those are the people who keep HD alive. Without them, the site will eventually be done. 

Regardless, how does this rule make any more sense than the old rule? Why not just ban two teams in one world? At least that isn't completely arbitrary.
You live in f*cking candyland.

All the old cheating users are a dying breed precisely because they are finally being called out on their sh*t. 
5/28/2013 12:20 AM
Posted by isack24 on 5/28/2013 12:15:00 AM (view original):

Agreed completely with making a ban on two teams in a world.

And you've put on the industrial strength knee pads.
5/28/2013 12:30 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
some splainin' to do... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.