Multiple Teams in a World Topic

Posted by acn24 on 5/29/2013 3:39:00 PM (view original):
I specifically know of numerous instances where Tarek was aware that one coach had numerous teams in the same world, without regard to proximity, and didn't care less.
To be fair to Tarek, wasn't that pre-potential?  Potential was the game changer when it came to different aliases in the same world.
5/29/2013 5:23 PM
Posted by udm_mike on 5/29/2013 5:23:00 PM (view original):
I specifically know of numerous instances where Tarek was aware that one coach had numerous teams in the same world, without regard to proximity, and didn't care less.
To be fair to Tarek, wasn't that pre-potential?  Potential was the game changer when it came to different aliases in the same world.
not sure what was unfair to tarek in the first place. i cant remember if tarek had a multiple team rule in place right before he left or not, does anyone know if that came early in seble's tenure or shortly before tarek left? in any case, tarek mostly presided over pre potential and i agree that he had no problem with multiple IDs, but i also agree that was a different time. i dont think tarek was inconsistent about the issue at all. like seble, he really hated dealing with this ****, although i think he preferred to err on the side of keeping the game fun and casual, only putting a rule in place when absolutely necessary.
5/29/2013 6:02 PM
Why not make FSS type  information  free for all players in every state (and internationally) and division?  Wouldn't that  take away the benefits in recruiting from having multiple  teams in the same world ?
5/29/2013 9:01 PM
Posted by gillispie on 5/29/2013 6:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by udm_mike on 5/29/2013 5:23:00 PM (view original):
not sure what was unfair to tarek in the first place. i cant remember if tarek had a multiple team rule in place right before he left or not, does anyone know if that came early in seble's tenure or shortly before tarek left? in any case, tarek mostly presided over pre potential and i agree that he had no problem with multiple IDs, but i also agree that was a different time. i dont think tarek was inconsistent about the issue at all. like seble, he really hated dealing with this ****, although i think he preferred to err on the side of keeping the game fun and casual, only putting a rule in place when absolutely necessary.
I just thought it sounded a little negative in tone, that's all.  Basically I was trying to say - There was no reason for Tarek to care if people had multiple teams in 1 world since there was no potential or FSS to worry about.  I'm sure there were some advantages to having multiple teams, but not nearly to the level that we have now with a free team farming FSS for the established one.
5/29/2013 9:09 PM
bringing this thread back to the top so folks can see seble's answers to a set of questions on permissible conduct with two teams....see very specific questions and answers

there has lately been some discussion of whats collusion and whats allowed under the rules of fair play.  This thread is one of a number of threads on such topics about a year ago - and I think the best since I wrote and got answers to a set of questions
5/22/2014 11:26 PM
the problem with so-called self-policing is that its only possible when someone confesses their alias or otherwise makes it so obvious that is cannot be missed, like Tanner and Tanner1. there are certainly some teams out there that are being used for the sole purpose of FSS or even getting into battles. i know it was suggested in another thread that perennial loser reigny was a possible cash-in-hand alias. i have my suspicions about others... so what happens when two coaches battle it out and the losing coach asks CS to investigate how its possible that the winning coach had enough cash to FSS across the country and still compete? has there ever been a confirmed 2-alias-caught-in-the-act-of-cheating punishment handed out? if not, there needs to be some additional monitoring system in place because the status quo is woefully inadequate.
5/23/2014 11:11 AM
wow.   reigny appears to have spent over $6,000 in real life cash money playing HD and has won 5 division titles in 500 seasons.

even if that is some kind of sacrificial lamb alias you would think he would at least put a little effort into it... strange.
5/23/2014 12:12 PM
heres an "off the top of my head"  idea...

what if coaches were required to do FSS on every player they recruit?

i realize there would be an issue with the first year 5.99 guys... but i would think that could be solved.
and i realize it limits options in cash strapped scenarios. (maybe you would somehow be allowed to sign without FSS at some point late in recrutiing?)
and i realize it doesnt address the other multi-id issues

but sharing of FSS seems to be one of the main potential issues with multi-id teams, and seems like this would solve that problem.  and does anyone really recruit a primary target player without using FSS?   i cant see how anyone would be very successful using that  approach.

or, here is another idea... if a player is signed without using fss... he is tagged so that you see that on the roster page (so that everyone sees it).
 if a successful coach is ending up with lots of good players on his squad that are tagged as "non-fss", then maybe that needs to be expalined or investigated.

i like the first idea better.

5/23/2014 12:22 PM
It would be better if FSS was just free, like IRL, with Rivals, Scout, 247, etc.
5/23/2014 12:28 PM
I'd rather risk FSS abuse than make it entirely free and remove a strategic element from the game.
5/23/2014 12:35 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/23/2014 12:28:00 PM (view original):
It would be better if FSS was just free, like IRL, with Rivals, Scout, 247, etc.
Hate that idea.    The whole idea of finding diamonds in the rough would be gone since you can see potentials for every player in the nation.
5/23/2014 12:37 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 5/23/2014 12:35:00 PM (view original):
I'd rather risk FSS abuse than make it entirely free and remove a strategic element from the game.
I agree
5/23/2014 12:50 PM
Posted by taniajane on 5/23/2014 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llamanunts on 5/23/2014 12:35:00 PM (view original):
I agree
me too.
5/23/2014 12:53 PM
Make having paid $$$ for FSS for the state multiply the effort put in by some percentage based on the cost of the state.  That way if you are using FSS from another account, it won't aid as much in a battle with an owner who using it from the same account.
5/23/2014 12:54 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 5/23/2014 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Make having paid $$$ for FSS for the state multiply the effort put in by some percentage based on the cost of the state.  That way if you are using FSS from another account, it won't aid as much in a battle with an owner who using it from the same account.
thats actually a very interesting idea. it wouldn't stop people from taking uncontested players from the states scouted with another program, however. also, if a guy scouts 8 states with team 2, and team 1 only wants 1 player from there, they'd only have to scout the 1 state they want the guy from. so unfortunately, i don't think it really accomplishes that much. uhg, i really liked that idea, too... but now i've talked myself out of it.
5/23/2014 12:57 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
Multiple Teams in a World Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.