12-13 Draft League Topic

Posted by klinke on 6/2/2013 5:16:00 PM (view original):
looking like it. I trump one tendon with a funeral and burial at sea all day, but Im back...

Ever blow out a tendon...I ruptured my achilles when I was in school...on crutches for 2 months, and it hurt like monkey balls

Get better robusk, running 12 miles on that injury shows you are more man than I am.

On a similar note robusk has never been a guy to really hold up drafts, I have been in many drafts and he is a considerate and prompt owner.  Let's give him the benefit of the doubt here.
6/2/2013 5:43 PM (edited)
just making a joke, didn't mean it to come across as callous if it did. 
6/2/2013 6:04 PM
Don't apologize to Malone he is a jackass. I'll never understand how people have the time to post something but can not make a pick. Here we are 9 hours later after the post and still nothing.
6/2/2013 6:52 PM
You guys want to draft 13-14 players too? I'm sure they with be avalible before the draft is done.

Seriously though, I hope you get well soon. Injuries and funerals do put this silly sim game in perspective.
6/2/2013 7:07 PM
Posted by 98average on 6/2/2013 6:52:00 PM (view original):
Don't apologize to Malone he is a jackass. I'll never understand how people have the time to post something but can not make a pick. Here we are 9 hours later after the post and still nothing.
I might be a jackass, but there isn't a single hardcore player that has been on this site for more than a year that wouldn't love to see your useless *** voted off the island first.  Seble probably thinks you are a bigger dick than felonius
6/2/2013 7:26 PM
A torn tendon is real bad, a ruptured tendon is catastrophic failure. I never heard of a punctured tendon and am truly interested in what happened. I still have a draft hangover from May and really don't care if the draft runs at a less hectic pace.
6/2/2013 8:36 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 6/2/2013 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Details...being as your holding up the draft for a whole day, the least you can do is make it entertaining. If it's a boring story then make something up. Sort of like the evening news, no need to let the truth wreak a good story.
I'm going to start looking at this now.

I did something called a Tough Mudder.  I honestly don't enjoy them because I think they are more annoyance than challenge, especially with friends that are out of shape.   But it is an excuse to meet up somewhere in the country for a long weekend with old friends.

Anyway, I forgot my trail shoes at the cabin so I wore buddy's extra shows that had no grip.  Slipped going downhill and must have driven something into my knee, apparently puncturing the knee.  Adrenaline made me think it wasn't that bad.  Started bleeding a lot and when I asked for aid they said if they gave me anything other than a spray of hydrogen peroxide I wouldn't be able to finish.  Got infected but I kept running on it and swell it up super big.

6/2/2013 8:49 PM (edited)
Posted by malone9975 on 6/2/2013 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by klinke on 6/2/2013 5:16:00 PM (view original):
looking like it. I trump one tendon with a funeral and burial at sea all day, but Im back...

Ever blow out a tendon...I ruptured my achilles when I was in school...on crutches for 2 months, and it hurt like monkey balls

Get better robusk, running 12 miles on that injury shows you are more man than I am.

On a similar note robusk has never been a guy to really hold up drafts, I have been in many drafts and he is a considerate and prompt owner.  Let's give him the benefit of the doubt here.
Thanks malone.  I am usually super prompt and respectful I hope, and I think most guys would feel that way.
6/2/2013 8:44 PM
Al Horford

Sitemailing next two.
6/2/2013 8:46 PM
Chris Paul
6/2/2013 9:37 PM
Good to see you robusk. I was willing to bet you we're trail running, the only other thing I could think of was a slipped bike pedal. Hope it heals quick so you can get back in there.
6/2/2013 10:20 PM
rl sh!t happens....not a big deal..this is a once a year draft so im not too concerned how fast we get it done....i wont be setting up a clock til we finish the 1st
6/3/2013 1:11 AM
killed me with that Chris Paul pick. ...Josh Smith
6/3/2013 5:35 AM
ouch - CP3 and Smith go right before my pick. I'll take Deron Williams. If anyone picking below me really wants him I'd be willing to work out a deal.
6/3/2013 8:59 AM
Tarheel: I will give you my 15th pick and switch with you next round for Deron Williams?
6/3/2013 1:55 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...38 Next ▸
12-13 Draft League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.