Round 1 Themes Topic

League Name: Same Players, Different Seasons
Salary Cap: $70 Million

Description: You may use anybody you want to build your $70M roster. But, if you advance to round 2, you must use these same 25 players and build a $120M roster, where you use a different season of each player (than you used in round 1). Different season means different year, not a different version of the same year.

DH: No
WW: No
AAA: No
Trades: No
Clones: No
Injuries: Turned On
SLL: Not allowed
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined)
Ballpark: Any ballpark may be used, but the same park must be used in both rounds 1 and 2.
300K Exception: N/A
Team Name: Anything
Division Alignment: Random
5/31/2013 11:01 AM
Q/A for 70M Theme

Q: Just to make sure, the 120mm team league in round 2 will also be No DH, correct?
A:  Correct. no DH in round 2

Q: For the $70M theme - can we take a player who only has a 2012 season in WIS, but is playing this year? 2013 players are released before Round 2 starts.
A: Yes

Q: What happens if somebody uses a player that only has a single season and then advances to round 2.
A: His salary cap for round 2 will be $10M less per illegal player.
6/15/2013 9:47 AM (edited)
League Name: AVG / ERA
Salary Cap: $80 Million

Description: Pick a 3-digit batting avarage (i.e., .287). Every position player on your roster (over 300K) must have the exact same batting average. Pick a 3-digit earned run average (i.e., 3.23). Every pitcher on your roster (over 300K) must have the exact same earned run average. Whatever the search engine displays will be the official number. When doing a search, you should enter 4+ digits (i.e., for .287, enter .2865 min to .287499 max or for 3.23, enter 3.225 min to 3.23499 max)

Ballpark: Any ballpark may be used.
300K Exception: Players at $300K or below are not subject to the AVG or ERA restriction.
Team Name: Include the AVG and ERA in the team name.
6/1/2013 3:45 PM (edited)
Q/A for 80M Theme

Q: How do I input decimal batting averages?
A; When you go into search mode, scroll to the very bottom of the page. You will see Player Search Preferences. Choose the "advanced" search interface. Click save.
6/3/2013 3:02 PM (edited)
League Name: Silver Anniversary Franchise
Salary Cap: $90 Million

Description: Pick a franchise (ie.., Expos & Nationals are one franchise). Pick 25 conseuctive seasons for that franchise. Build your roster using one player per season.

Ballpark: Use a ballpark your franchise called home during one of those 25 seasons.
300K Exception: N/A.
Team Name: Include the franchise and seasons in the team name.
5/31/2013 11:02 AM
Q/A for 90M THeme
5/31/2013 11:02 AM
League Name: Dual Team .500 Twist
Salary Cap: $100 Million

Description: Pick any two single-season teams from history. Make note of their real-life W-L record. The cumulative number of wins must be within two of the cumulative number of losses. For example, 86-76 + 71-83 = 157-159, OK.... but 85-76 + 71-83 = 156-159 NO). Using players from both rosters, TWIST them to any season to build your team (use baseball-reference... only need to have played in one game to be eligible to be twisted).

Ballpark: Use one of the two ballparks from your selected teams
300K Exception:  You may use any (untwisted) player under 300K from the seasons your two selected teams are from.
Team Name: Include the two teams you chose in your team name.
5/31/2013 11:14 AM (edited)
Q/A for 100M Theme

Q: Is there any limit of how many players must be from each team?
A: No.

Q: Do the two teams have to be from the same season?
A: No

Q: Can we use 2 different years from the same franchise?
A: Yes.

Q: Can we use un-twisted players from the teams of choice, i.e., use the version of the player that appeared on that team?
A: Yes, you can use any version of the players from your two rosters, including that same season.

Q: For the $100M theme, do all players under 300k need to be untwisted?
A: You may use players from the two rosters and twist them to any season (including seasons with salaries under 300K). But if you are using players NOT from the two rosters, they must be from the same season of your two selected teams and MUST be under 300K.

Q: Your Description added W/L's with 2 losses more than wins (157 - 159) however, your also say cumulative wins must be within two of the cumulative losses.

With that in mind, is this kosher?
W = 159
L = 157

A: YES. THis is allowed. I had a hard time with the wording. Wins and Losses must be within +/- 2.
6/16/2013 11:51 AM (edited)
League Name: Everybody Plays
Salary Cap: $110 Million

Description: There are only two rules. No players under $2 million on your roster. No batters with 600+ PA/162 allowed on your roster (599 OK, 600 NO). The DH will be in effect in this theme.

DH: Yes
Ballpark: Any ballpark may be used.
5/31/2013 11:15 AM (edited)
Q/A for 110M Theme

Q: Pitchers only restriction is a minimum $2million salary, correct?
A: All players (pitchers and hitters) are subject to the $2M minimum salary rule. But you are correct, no other restrictions for pitchers.
6/4/2013 12:26 AM (edited)
League Name: Sudoku Challenge
Salary Cap: $120 Million

Description: Using the digits 0 thru 9, create five two-digit numbers, using each digit exactly once (i.e., 18, 93, 24, 56, 70). You must use 5 players from each of those seasons. All years are eligible, but you can use only one year for each two-digit number (i.e., 93 can represent either 1893 or 1993, not both). You must spend between $15M and $30M per season.

Ballpark: Any ballpark in use during any of those 5 years may be used.
5/31/2013 11:17 AM (edited)
Q/A for 120M Theme

Q: For 120M can the 0 can go in front of a number, ie 08?
A: Yes
6/3/2013 4:39 PM (edited)
For the 100M theme, is there any limit on how many players can be from each team?
5/31/2013 3:05 PM
Posted by Donburgh on 5/31/2013 3:05:00 PM (view original):
For the 100M theme, is there any limit on how many players can be from each team?
No
5/31/2013 3:17 PM
Nitpick: in the $80M league should it be .2865 to .2874 and 3.225 to 3.234?
6/1/2013 10:12 AM (edited)
12345 Next ▸
Round 1 Themes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.