Worst foul call in history? Topic

Charging....when the defender is in the restricted area and moving forward moving to block a shot. When the offensive player is going up and in towards the basket with his shoulder straight up in game six of the Eastern Conference Finals? Seriously. It is one of them if not the worst
6/1/2013 10:49 PM
lebron was only called for 110 fouls over the course of the whole season - stop your crying
6/1/2013 11:55 PM
Remember back in the day every time MJ got called for a foul: "who, me? "
6/2/2013 12:49 AM
This is a completely forgettable call, unlike say Larry Johnson's 4 point play. Heat were down 9 at the time, but with LeBron and the assistance coaches T's it kind of ended the game.

It's a call you don't often see, but it's not a horrible one.
6/2/2013 12:00 PM
How is it not horrible? Its patently absurd. It wasn't just wrong because of one judgment call. It was wrong on all criteria during a period where the heat were making strides and closing the gap. It completely stopped all momentum and from that moment on the game was over. I didn't even care if the heat won, but it made it less of a game then it would have been otherwise. In game 4 there was a bad call on an illegal screen. It was marginal and would not have been considered a bad call in the regular season. This was a bad call on three criteria in the final moments of game 6 of the ECF. 
6/2/2013 3:14 PM
Get over yourself. The game should be called the same regardless of circumstances, and if you didn't see LeBron extend his leg out to trip a guy in Game 4, you weren't paying any attention.

As for the call in question, it's at the 27 second mark. I think they made the call because LeBron extended his knee out.

www.youtube.com/watch
6/2/2013 3:49 PM
Thats bull crap and you know it. He retracted his knee before contact. That slow mo is what convinved me of how bad the call was. If this were another player, it would be unanimously resoundly stated it was a terrible call. 
6/2/2013 4:13 PM
And, no matter the knee...he was in the restricted area and thus the offensive player has the right of movement inside of the restricted area. 
6/2/2013 4:14 PM
you lost by 14 points, stop whining about one bang-bang call

here enjoy this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBxclfP56sg
6/2/2013 4:51 PM (edited)
Posted by noah23 on 6/2/2013 4:14:00 PM (view original):
And, no matter the knee...he was in the restricted area and thus the offensive player has the right of movement inside of the restricted area. 
 just because a guy is in the restricted area it doesnt mean any contact is automatically a block nor that the offensive player cant commit an offensive foul
6/2/2013 4:50 PM
Posted by felonius on 6/2/2013 4:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by noah23 on 6/2/2013 4:14:00 PM (view original):
 just because a guy is in the restricted area it doesnt mean any contact is automatically a block nor that the offensive player cant commit an offensive foul
correct, but a charge call cannot be called when the defender is inside the restricted area. And, as the only fouls that would not be a charge would be considered flagrant its easy to say the call was a charge and therefore wrong. Its wrong any way. There was nothing wrong with the play, and would have preferred a no call to a charge call. 
6/3/2013 12:25 AM
I've already spent too much time looking at this. 

Restricted Area:
The restricted area (RA) is the area within the arched line on the court located below the rim. Its purpose is to stop secondary defenders from taking a position under the basket in an attempt to draw the offensive foul when a player is driving to the basket. If an offensive player drives past his primary defender on the way to the basket and a secondary defender comes over, he must establish a legal position outside the RA to draw an offensive foul. If the drive starts inside the Lower Defensive Box (LDB – this is the area from the bottom tip of the free throw circle to the endline between the two 3’ posted-up marks), the secondary defender is legally allowed to be positioned inside the RA. The restricted are also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot. The RA does not extend from below the backboard to the baseline. Therefore, if a player drives the baseline and is not attempting to go directly to the rim, the RA does not apply.

I've already said this once, but I think the refs were looking to see if LeBron was going to put a knee up like that, he did, and they called the offensive foul on him.
6/3/2013 1:02 AM
Oops...
6/3/2013 8:12 AM
Damit stinenavy, dont let facts get in the way of a good rant.
6/3/2013 9:14 AM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 6/3/2013 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Damit stinenavy, dont let facts get in the way of a good rant.
Don't worry, I haven't seen a Heat fan yet that worries about facts.
6/3/2013 10:07 AM
12 Next ▸
Worst foul call in history? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.