Trading Draft Picks. MLB is finally doing it. Topic

Posted by AlCheez on 6/7/2013 12:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by AlCheez on 6/7/2013 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nordique93 on 6/6/2013 10:22:00 PM (view original):
to everybody who told me trading draft picks is restricted, i know. but thats no reason to explore how much fun it could be in HBD. i like the discussion, very productive. like i said at 1st we can make it very restrictive just like you cant spend all your money on year 2, 3, 4 and 5 when u try to acquire free agents so as to not ruin the franchise. i can see so many trade offers that get rejected right now that would get approved by including picks.
How much fun it could be = how much it could help you get value out of your draft picks which are a total waste now due to your scouting strategy.

It's hard to take you seriously given your past on this issue and the fact that you came in claiming to have taken a vote in which "most" of your world wants to trade picks when it looks like all of 3 people chimed in to the discussion and vote.
we clearly stopped voting after 3 or 4 guys talked me into stopping trying to implement this on our own. i agreed and we stopped voting. i was trying to become the 1st world ever to trade picks, and that would have been our hook in the classifieds. but it seems just about impossible to implement without WIS putting it into the system. like i said before, personally i would change my 0/0 stategy of HS/College scouting to increase the value of my picks. ive hit the jackpot before at 4/4 but almost never when at 0/0
Everyone can see the world chat if they want.   You had 2 or 3 owners speak up in favor and that's it - you have no idea what "most" of the world thinks.

First world to trade draft picks?  Are you revising your own history now?
every owner who had time to talk about it was in favor. its not like we gave them days to talk about this, they only had a few hours and most people dont talk much in world chat unless they disagree. First world to ALLOW trading picks. in Evangeline, we traded picks for years. it was not allowed, but it was definitely tolerated. nobody gave a damn because it was very minor and everybody always honoured these picks the following season.
6/7/2013 1:20 PM
so since u werent there, dont give me the whatever the heck ur friends to told u version. i dont give a damn. i was there, everybody knew it. those picks were used as sweeteners, they were never nothing major until the very last trade. that trade was loaded with 1st round picks, but the other owner loved it because he wanted to rebuild. he said himself this was a better trade from his side than the Herschel Walker trade. it was there for the whole world to see in world chat. and guess what, it was APPROVED.
6/7/2013 1:25 PM
I'm not sure what your definition of allowed is - if you made trades including draft picks, let everyone know that was what was happening, and they weren't automatically vetoed, your world allowed it - until the blow up.

And I'm not going to argue on the details of the discussion this time, but this statement: "i have taken a vote in Cal Ripken and most people want to trade draft picks" is just not true.
6/7/2013 1:28 PM
we gave them a few hours, and ALL the ones who talked AGREED. lawyer talk bores me.
6/7/2013 1:32 PM
lawyer talk bores me

Because you don't understand it?  Or because it refutes your statements?
6/7/2013 1:47 PM
because youre nitpicking
6/7/2013 1:51 PM
get a life
6/7/2013 1:52 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 1:32:00 PM (view original):
we gave them a few hours, and ALL the ones who talked AGREED. lawyer talk bores me.
You had a conversation over the course of 1 day at the tail end of the season when virtually no one was still playing, got the opinions of maybe 3 others, and then came in claiming that most of the world was in favor.  This isn't "lawyer" talk.
6/7/2013 1:54 PM
ALL the ones who talked said they agreed. most people dont talk unless they disagree. i bet u didnt take the time to see that i just asked them again?
6/7/2013 1:57 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 1:57:00 PM (view original):
ALL the ones who talked said they agreed. most people dont talk unless they disagree. i bet u didnt take the time to see that i just asked them again?

Or, maybe people who have been eliminated from the postseason aren't paying attention to the world, or the world chat, at the tail end of the WS.

I saw - would you like a cookie or something for going back and asking again after it was pointed out that you don't know what most of your world actual thinks about the issue?

6/7/2013 2:20 PM
youre nitpicking again about a world u dont even play in.  can you stick to the question and try to be constructive? is that so hard to do? WiredTiger asked a great question. he asked who gets to pick the team who trades the pick or the team that receives the pick? and can they use the other teams scouting? of course until WIS implements the trade of picks in the system any world that wants to trade picks would have to do it themselves the next season. much easier once WIS trades the pick to the other team and they can pick whatever player they want and use their own scouting.
6/7/2013 2:30 PM
NO ONE SHOULD EVER "SHARE" SCOUTING!!!!
6/7/2013 2:32 PM
Yes Sir i agree. thats what i told the guys in my world. would be so much easier if WIS trades the pick to your team and u decide who u pick and with ur own scouting of course
6/7/2013 2:33 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 6/7/2013 2:30:00 PM (view original):
youre nitpicking again about a world u dont even play in.  can you stick to the question and try to be constructive? is that so hard to do? WiredTiger asked a great question. he asked who gets to pick the team who trades the pick or the team that receives the pick? and can they use the other teams scouting? of course until WIS implements the trade of picks in the system any world that wants to trade picks would have to do it themselves the next season. much easier once WIS trades the pick to the other team and they can pick whatever player they want and use their own scouting.
Trading picks without actually having WIS implement the ability to transfer the pick is a disaster waiting to happen.  Allowing sharing of scouting for that purpose is ripe for collusion.  The guy who is trading away the pick might not be able to see the player the guy receiving the pick wants, etc.

I'm not in favor of adding pick trading, though I wouldn't pitch a fit if it was added for current season only.
6/7/2013 2:34 PM

yeah ur right. until WIS implements it in the system we better wait

6/7/2013 2:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Trading Draft Picks. MLB is finally doing it. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.