12-13 Draft Discussion Thread Topic

Figured we could use one of these, so we don't clutter up the draft thread itself with chatter.

Couple initial thoughts:

-As discussed by several of us in the draft thread, that trade between iccoachb and shooter was ridiculously lopsided and makes shooter the odds-on favorite. Long time until his next pick, but he's got a lot of important needs covered already.

-couple interesting combos so far. Love the Conley/Iguodala combo for skypilot, but what big men will be there for his next pick?. steelers pairing Ibaka with Sanders is, IMO, the oddest decision. They have redundant skill sets, and he's really put himself behind the 8-ball in terms of needing some usage/assists/minutes. Don't get me wrong, Sanders and Ibaka are both per-minute beasts and the defense/rebounding is great, but it will be tough only having 4400 minutes from first two picks without getting a lot of usage.

6/6/2013 10:58 AM
The Lebron team is set. Whoever has durant probably regrets not making the same trade
6/6/2013 11:31 AM
I wish I knew that trade was out there.  If anyone else wants to make a ridiculous trade please let me know.
6/6/2013 12:00 PM
tarheel...if you have the time...could make a list of the rosters on the first post here?....that would be awesome
6/6/2013 3:13 PM
i was shocked chandler lasted that long....thought he might be a 1st rounder
6/6/2013 3:14 PM
Yeah chandler was 12th on my board. if duncan was gone I might have taken him.. can't believe he almost dropped to my second round pick
6/6/2013 3:24 PM
LeBron and Gasol vs Steph Curry and......who knows its still another 10 picks before I go again.

Followed by another long stretch without a pick, it already has me thinking what's the point?
(I'm not going anywhere, just the general feeling)
6/6/2013 3:28 PM
Can someone explain to me what is so great about Marc Gasol?
6/6/2013 3:40 PM
Posted by 98average on 6/6/2013 3:40:00 PM (view original):
the defense and assists from a high min(for this league) center

no way shooter has it in the bag tho....looottta draft left to go...it gets real interesting by round 5-6

6/6/2013 4:04 PM
My pick coming up after this next one and having a hard time making a decision now. Willing to trade down up to 3 spots if anyone there interested and up same amount in the 4th round. Don't want to hold up the draft so once its my turn I'm picking and offer off the table.
6/6/2013 4:09 PM
Posted by dh555 on 6/6/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 98average on 6/6/2013 3:40:00 PM (view original):
the defense and assists from a high min(for this league) center

no way shooter has it in the bag tho....looottta draft left to go...it gets real interesting by round 5-6

Not a small thing, but defense and assists is pretty much it. Among '12-'13 centers on a p/48 basis, he is not in the top 50 in OR and DR and not in the top 25  in scoring.  I think the reaction may be more about getting the 27th pick after so much thought and effort was put into leveling the playing field with regard to LeBron. 
6/6/2013 4:25 PM
Figure bring this Chris Bosh thing over to this thread.  Chris Paul better watch his *** literally

6/6/2013 4:35 PM
I'll do it klinke if my guy is there
6/6/2013 4:58 PM
Sorry 98, made the deal with Robusk already. Swapping 2cd and 4th round picks
6/6/2013 5:07 PM
It's not that Gasol is amazing, just that he has a nice combination of skills and is way better than anyone I hoped to see matched with Lebron. The two of them together are the perfect blank slate to build around. You don't need hardly any more assists, you don't need to worry about D, you've got plenty of usage, you've got plenty of efficient scoring. But the galling part is that all he had to do to move up and get Gasol was move his 3rd round pick down 20 spots. It's an absurd deal.
6/6/2013 5:33 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
12-13 Draft Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.