Block "release" option on players making 1m+ Topic

There is no point.   It only happens when someone doesn't know better or is wrecking a team.  Today I told a relative n00b that he wasn't clearing cap space, except for 327k, and he said "I know."  So, out of curiousity, I asked "Then why are you doing it?"    He kinda went off but the gist of it was "YOU RUN YOUR TEAM AND I'LL RUN MINE!!!"

So, from that, I gather he had no real reason.    I can't think of one either.  
6/6/2013 6:13 PM
Yea, I second. Easy mistake to make if you don't know the difference.
6/6/2013 11:09 PM
Just because I find this exchange oddly amusing(name changed to protect the, uh, something):

xxxxx 6/6/2013 4:26 PM I am not trying to be rude, being new to this world and all, but why are you asking? Do you think I am stupid and incapable of playing this game? I see that you have been playing this game longer than me so you probably think you need to "

xxxxx 6/6/2013 4:26 PM help" me. You don't, so I would appreciate it if you would run your team and let me run mine. The hallmark of this game always seems to be players wanting to butt into other players moves. It is a game and nothing else.

xxxxx 6/6/2013 4:26 PM I do not see what business it is of yours who I cut. Frankly, I am getting tired of interference from other players thinking they know better and am on the verge of dropping this game altogether. If people like yourself are what this world is like,

xxxxx 6/6/2013 4:26 PM then I certainly will. What does my cutting players and having dead cap space have to do with you? Decide now, can we keep this friendly or do I need to take some sort of action to prevent this harassment?

MikeT23 6/6/2013 4:16 PM Then why are you doing it? Surely there's a reason but I have no idea what it is so I'm curious.

xxxxx 6/6/2013 4:14 PM Thanks, I am aware of that.

MikeT23 6/6/2013 3:44 PM Releasing players will not clear salary except for 327k. You have to pay the remainder if they're picked up.

6/7/2013 9:39 AM
I smell a TRO being slapped on Mike in the near future.
6/7/2013 9:54 AM
WTF is that?
6/7/2013 9:55 AM
Nevermind.  I figured it out.
6/7/2013 9:56 AM
I can't think of a reason why this would be a bad idea.  +1
6/7/2013 12:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/6/2013 6:13:00 PM (view original):
There is no point.   It only happens when someone doesn't know better or is wrecking a team.  Today I told a relative n00b that he wasn't clearing cap space, except for 327k, and he said "I know."  So, out of curiousity, I asked "Then why are you doing it?"    He kinda went off but the gist of it was "YOU RUN YOUR TEAM AND I'LL RUN MINE!!!"

So, from that, I gather he had no real reason.    I can't think of one either.  
i only say this jokingly guys so dont take it too seriously...how about we allow 2 buyouts contracts per season just like in the NHL. again, im making fun suggestions. im totallly open to your ideas.
6/7/2013 12:17 PM
If you sign players to mutual options, you can buy out as many as you'd like.
6/7/2013 12:28 PM

yes very true, but only in the last year of their contract. in the NHL u can buyout 7 year contracts or however many years they were signed for. u can correct huge mistakes by GM's this way. again, just my 2 cents.

6/7/2013 12:31 PM
The NHL does not allow two buyouts per year.  Teams have 2 ONE-TIME amnestys to use over this season and next in order to make it easier to clear space before a more restrictive salary cap kicks in.
6/7/2013 12:57 PM
thanks, i wasnt sure about that. like i said its an idea that would repair MAJOR damage that was done in some worlds.
6/7/2013 12:59 PM
i just won the World Series in Foxx with a pitcher in AAA making 15,000,000$ for the past 4 seasons and hes gonna stay in AAA for his 5th season. i cant stand the bastard, but the previous owner made a mistake and i still won despite him.  but if u offered me 4 seasons ago to buy him out, i would have sent him to Australia in a minute.
6/7/2013 1:08 PM
Pretty sure everyone would love the opportunity to jettison a bad contract - doesn't mean it's a good idea for the game.

How about this: If HBD ever drops the total you're allowed to spend from 185 million, I'll support letting you clear a contract or two that season.
6/7/2013 1:16 PM
Gives an advantage to people who screw up.  The people who did it right the first time are thus at a disadvantage.  No.

Although I'd love to cut my ace pitcher who just tore his labrum on opening day making $20 mil this year.
6/7/2013 1:23 PM
12 Next ▸
Block "release" option on players making 1m+ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.