REAL basketball SKILL doesn't matter Topic

lol anyone else get chastised in an email by his dad?  i didn't realize my satirical comment about being able to outrecruit him because of my real job that pays real money in spite of his real basketball skills was all that mean!  
6/11/2013 7:14 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/10/2013 7:48:00 PM (view original):
I sent in a old video of me dunking a volleyball in Danny Anderson's driveway in 1989 and admin gave me a free team.
That sir, ranks as awesome.

That was my mean comment.
6/11/2013 7:21 PM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 6/11/2013 7:14:00 PM (view original):
lol anyone else get chastised in an email by his dad?  i didn't realize my satirical comment about being able to outrecruit him because of my real job that pays real money in spite of his real basketball skills was all that mean!  
Yup. I got called a troll! And all I did was comment on how awesome a few of those videos were. Never mentioned Jimmy or responded to his post. I'm insulted that he thought I insulted his son.

Maybe Jimmy and his dad should watch that toddler trick shot video to cheer them up...
6/11/2013 7:29 PM
i hope jimmy's dad speaks to jimmy about his choice of words telling everyone to go screw like that. and then to call us all dorks. it was just plain rude.
6/11/2013 7:31 PM
Not to mention owning up to your mistakes and not jumping to conclusions.
6/11/2013 7:35 PM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 6/11/2013 7:14:00 PM (view original):
lol I did
6/11/2013 8:11 PM
For those that care...

Fair enough...but perhaps you should monitor what your son is posting and where he's posting it as well.  This message board is rather tame as far as message boards go, and it didn't seem like your son was coming back to play the game anyhow.  You forked over the scratch apparently...maybe you should have made sure he understood the game as well, instead of just giving Jimmy your credit card.

Trevor

-----Original Message-----
To: colonels19
Sent: 6/11/2013 6:58:00 PM
Subject: Your rudeness

I am writing you to address the rude behavior you exhibited when choosing to insult my son Jimmy on this website's message board.  My son made a simple suggestion to improve the game.  Perhaps it was not the best suggestion, but there was no need for you to ridicule a boy the way that you chose to do.  I hope it makes you feel real good to know that you have upset my son to the point that he is unlikely to ever visit this website again.  I am sure that you will enjoy bragging to all your internet friends about how you made yourself look really smart compared to a child.  Kudos to you.

I think it is unlikely that an internet troll like you is likely to change his behavior.  Me sending you this note might only feed your troll ego.  But I'm willing to risk stroking your ego to point out that you used words in the internet that greatly hurt my child in real life and those words have real life consequences that I now need to address as his father.

I respectfully request you reconsider your use of language in future internet postings.

Sincerely
Len Metzger (Jimmy's Dad)

6/11/2013 8:20 PM
I got the same sitemail.  As I looked over my comments in this thread, I agree that I should reconsider my use of language.  "Primordial" was bad enough, but breaking out "tangentially" was definitely over the top.
6/11/2013 8:23 PM
I'll admit, I probably deserved the sitemail...I did suggest he was dumb as a stump...but then again if I knew/thought the kid was 10 years old or whatever, I probably wouldn't have said anything in this thread at all.  It's kind of just the general risk you run posting on a message board...you want to ask for help, fine, there are a ton of guys (me included) willing to give newbies/seekers of assistance, pointers, tips, etc....you want to make your first post a ridiculous, borderline game-degrading post to a lot of people that think this is the best game on the planet, well...sometimes thems the breaks.  Friend or enemy is the initial poster's choice.
6/11/2013 8:29 PM
best game on the planet?  Get out much? 

I too got chastized and thought I was defending the guy.  Was the dad for real?  If so, can we please implement an iq requirement to breed? 
6/11/2013 8:39 PM
I'm guessing the dad didn't read the responses in this thread, and just sent that message out to everyone who posted.
6/11/2013 8:48 PM
I reread my posts, both of them, to see how I offended the young man.

1) I posted the Jim Harrick, Jr, exam.  I insulted myself by saying I only scored 80%.
2) I made fun of davis playing basketball with the cavemen.
6/11/2013 8:53 PM
My take on it is that the original post was a troll and that the dad sitemail was just a follow-up troll.  Credit to whoever is really "Jimmy Metzger," this is a fairly creative double troll.  On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog - or that you aren't Len Metzger, in this case.

I am waiting for the Reverse Twist Troll that is sure to come next.

6/11/2013 8:54 PM
What is it they say about apples and trees?
6/11/2013 8:55 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 6/11/2013 8:53:00 PM (view original):
I reread my posts, both of them, to see how I offended the young man.

1) I posted the Jim Harrick, Jr, exam.  I insulted myself by saying I only scored 80%.
2) I made fun of davis playing basketball with the cavemen.
Al, if my father was still alive you would be getting one angry sitemail, or worse.  I'm not kidding on this one.  He went ballistic on my school principal when I was in 5th grade and was accused of something I didn't do.  When I was in high school, his encore was to threaten my manager at Hardee's with bodily harm (and yes, the manager profusely apologized to me the next day for his behavior in the incident that led to the... um... intervention by my father).

You are one lucky dentist, young 'un. 

6/11/2013 9:00 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
REAL basketball SKILL doesn't matter Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.