School Memorilbilia? Topic

I wonder if anyone has bought the actual WIS shirt.
6/14/2013 10:57 AM
I have many WIS shirts. I paid for none of them as I got them all with points.

I've got the old "WIS SimLeague Champion" shirts in white, grey, and red, the big WIS logo on the back and small on the front white shirt, and many of the "DNA" shirts.

Of course, back in the day you used to get more points and less credits, and I've always been of the mind to use points to get stuff I can't buy rather than stuff I can (such as more teams).

6/14/2013 11:00 AM
I have a nice CSU Pueblo hoody and tumbler. Living in Cincinnati, I get a lot of stares whenever I wear the sweatshirt. The mug was a nice way to bring whatif talk into the workplace, although no one has be interested enough to join...yet. 
6/14/2013 12:57 PM
Now you've got me interested in something, hoke.

I may just buy something from a university that is nowhere near where I live just to be different, LOL.

6/14/2013 3:09 PM
I coach Keuka, and have tons of Keuka gear. Only because the school is in my town, and my wife got her masters from there. I've been rocking Keuka Lacrosse gear since I could walk
6/14/2013 3:32 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/14/2013 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Now you've got me interested in something, hoke.

I may just buy something from a university that is nowhere near where I live just to be different, LOL.

This is a fantastic idea
6/14/2013 7:40 PM
Yeah, I'm really considering buying random memorabilia for teams I coach that are nowhere near where I am. Just have to make sure that I never end up coaching a team I hate for real life reasons (i.e. no Kentucky, no Florida, no Alabama, no Georgia, no Memphis, no UConn, no Ohio State, no Duke, no Lander, no Barton, no Anderson (SC)). 

Which is itself an interesting question. Any of y'all ever coach at a place that you would never cheer for in real life? Or is it just too hard? 
6/14/2013 7:53 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 6/14/2013 7:54:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I'm really considering buying random memorabilia for teams I coach that are nowhere near where I am. Just have to make sure that I never end up coaching a team I hate for real life reasons (i.e. no Kentucky, no Florida, no Alabama, no Georgia, no Memphis, no UConn, no Ohio State, no Duke, no Lander, no Barton, no Anderson (SC)). 

Which is itself an interesting question. Any of y'all ever coach at a place that you would never cheer for in real life? Or is it just too hard? 
I think for me if there was no Miami, Florida, Penn State, or Georgetown open I would have a hard time convincing myself to cheer for any other Big 6 team that I could coach at.
6/14/2013 8:17 PM
See, I have nothing against most of the Pac-12 schools, along with places that haven't much done me wrong, like Purdue or Minnesota or Villanova or. . . it goes on. But there is a pretty long list of schools that I hate. 
6/15/2013 2:06 AM

You're a Tennessee fan so your 'hate list' makes sense. But why Lander, Barton, and Anderson?
6/15/2013 3:50 AM
My 'could never coach' list:  DUKE, DUKE, DUKE, DUKE, Tennessee, Florida,  No. Carolina, Kansas, Indiana, Notre Dame, Louisville and DUKE 

At WIS DII, my favorite school, Kentucky Wesleyan, rejected my application to coach them. So I went with an in-state rival, Kentucky State. I've played Wesleyan a few times but haven't been tempted to lose to them. LOL
6/15/2013 9:55 AM (edited)
I am lucky (I suppose).  My favorite schools are Concord and WVU.  Since I grew up in West Virginia, root for them, and wished I could have gone there, I have plenty of stuff for WVU.  I have only Coached there once, and ended up getting fired (in GD).  Have Coached Concord many times in many Worlds, and have plenty of "stuff" since I am an Alumni.

The only school I have "stuff" for is Ferrum College, but my kids went to Band Camp there, and earned those items from being a Chaperone at Camp.  However I am Coaching the IUIFW Mastodons now, and think it would be cool to have a Sweatshirt with a Big Furry Mastodon on it!!
6/15/2013 8:15 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 6/15/2013 3:50:00 AM (view original):

You're a Tennessee fan so your 'hate list' makes sense. But why Lander, Barton, and Anderson?
I went to undergrad at Erskine College. Lander and Anderson were our main rivals. I just had a bad experience with Barton. They were the longest bus ride in the conference, and our soccer team went all the way up there and got beat 7-4. 

I haven't actually coached Erskine yet (or my favorite Tennessee, or either of my graduate institutions, Brandeis and UNC-Chapel Hill) but I would like to some day if they were in a really good conference. But I'm not going to coach in an empty conference just to get the alma mater. 
6/15/2013 11:32 AM
I've thought about buying stuff but never have...this might re-kindle it...I wanted to buy some *** U (Armstrong Atlantic State) and Peach Belt swag, but I didn't...I would probably buy some Mount Olive merch though, since that is my team now for 30+ seasons.
6/15/2013 8:20 PM

I'd never coach at OSU, ND, Duke, MSU, or WMU.  Any other school is up for grabs.
6/15/2013 9:20 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
School Memorilbilia? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.