Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

It doesn't matter how hard working you are - if you cheated, you cheated. (I also don't care whether what he and the team did was within the rules of the NBA - it doesn't make it right)

Okay, so you've said in the past that you always say exactly what you mean so there should never be a reason for someone to misunderstand you unless they are just being intentionally ignorant (or something very close to that)  Come on here, you have to admit this statement is a little ridiculous and maybe you misspoke, right?  I mean, If you cheated you cheated even if you played by the rules?  If it is not done by Bistiza's standards its cheating.  Got it
7/8/2013 9:07 PM
What, you're gonna pick one statement?  How in the hell did you narrow that down?  Jesus, this troll is just a fountain of hypocritical statements... and he won't own up to a single proven one.  He is by far the most disingenuous poster in these forums.*  This is why I gave up.  There are zero good-faith arguments supported by evidence.  There is zero coherence.  There is zero self-awareness.  If he is in therapy, he should bring this up with his therapist tomorrow.  If he is not in therapy, he should begin immediately.

*colonels19, I believe you are sincere in your insane convictions, and do your best to make your assertions hang together as a coherent whole.  I also believe you will, rightly, take this as a compliment.  Also, please get into a huge argument with bistiza.
7/8/2013 9:37 PM (edited)
Posted by osgonlz on 7/8/2013 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 7/8/2013 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Anyone else think there's a chance bistiza is actually Dan Gilbert in real life?

He might as well be. His posts are as absurd as the open letter Gilbert wrote when LJ left.

Absurd is the word.  B'b'b'buppa bow bow / buppa b'bup-a bow...
7/8/2013 9:34 PM
I denied it because I never talked down to anyone. I'm so sick of you people trying to read things into my posts that simply aren't there because you disagree with me and want to somehow paint me as some kind of a "bad person", and it's just not true.
Stop trying to twist what I'm saying into something it isn't.
You absolutely did, on numerous occasions that I pointed out for you.  You do it again every time you deny YOUR OWN WORDS.  You can't just say "nuh-uh" and pretend like it didn't happen.  Or you can, but people will think you're a complete joke.

And please stop with the "bad person" strawman.
7/9/2013 9:45 AM
I understand ethics about as we'll as most people (i'm not proclaiming to be an expert.) At best it is a very fuzzy topic; people have varying degrees of ethics. If you want to argue that what LeBron did is a matter of ethics, then, by all means, make that argument. While many people may argue with with you, that is a valid stance. My argument to that would be that an employee should only be as loyal to the employer as the employer would be to the employee. Employers fire/trade people all the time. It's part of the *business*. If a better opportunity develops for the employer you can bet they will jump at the opportunity.

Cheating, however, is a very different case. One can behave completely unethical yet still act within the rules. Did LeBron act unethical? Maybe. Did he cheat? No
7/9/2013 9:48 AM
Invincible ignorance fallacy

Seems appropriate.

7/9/2013 11:27 AM
Posted by bistiza on 7/9/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):
So that's your tactic? Using this "invincible ignorance fallacy".

I agree, it does seem appropriate, because so many people simply refuse to believe what I'm saying with no reason whatsoever to do so.

I'm fine with that. Believe what you want.

Just stop trying to twist my words into something I didn't say, and stop launching personal attacks and attempting to defend them by portraying me as some kind of "bad person".

D-

So again your response is "nuh-uh" and to play the "bad person" card for the 18th time.  Great counter-point.
7/9/2013 12:00 PM
"I think LeBron reassured Gilbert he would be coming back and then went back on his word when the lure of playing with Wade and Bosh became too much."

LeBron never reassured Gilbert he was coming back, he made that pretty clear when he decided not to sign an extension. Also, you didn't quote the other parts of my post which have further evidence that it was it was clear to everybody, including the Cavs and Cavs fans, that LeBron might not come back.
7/9/2013 12:33 PM
Seriously?  He reassured them he was coming back?  Had he done that at any point, he would have immediately (okay, perhaps not literally immediately) been handed a contract (and the biggest one he could have gotten) for his signature.  And if he didn't sign it, Gilbert would have been an idiot to take him at his word that he wanted to stay.
7/9/2013 12:50 PM
If I stack a video game NBA team with all-star players and put all the scrubs on your team and then play you, it's not against the rules since the game allows me to do that, but you'd probably consider it cheating.

I would certainly call you a douche for doing that. However that isn't what happened with LeBron. In your example your friend stacked his team and then handed you your team. If you were there and let him arrange the teams, then it's on you. Other teams were campaigning for LeBron. There was a video made of New York based celebrities trying to convince LeBron to come to New York. Other teams had an opportunity. In your example you did not have an opportunity
7/9/2013 1:07 PM
I think LeBron reassured Gilbert he would be coming back and then went back on his word when the lure of playing with Wade and Bosh became too much.

No, I doubt this took place but we will never know until someone speaks on it or writes a book about it. And this is really where the heart of your argument lies with LeBron and HOW he left. I have to agree with tkimble in that if he could verbally reassure Gilbert he was coming back then there was no need for the fiasco that took place even before the decision... going and sitting with the knicks and heat and whoever else he allowed to court him. They were not blindsided when many fans knew he would possibly leave.

-LeBron leaving Cleveland hurt the economy - and hurt many fans although the real Cav fans are still Cav fans to this day - But to say the man is selfish for pursuing and winning 2 championships is a bit much. The NBA is a business and if you run a bad business  - you can lose good employees - if you have bad business practices society encourages you as an employee to move along. Yes Cleveland has an NBA team and yes they drafted LeBron James but how you seem to figure he owe's the whole state, all the fans, and everyone else who may have profited off of his skills his entire basketball career is beyond me. If LeBron stays in Cleveland another 7 years - I think the most likely scenario is we end up with possibly the greatest player in the history of the game with no hardware. Year 12 with the Cavs - LeBron probably starts getting injuries now and look who is on the trading block. It's a business - he doesn't owe anyone his loyalty unless he decides to go that route.

No, LeBron was the "lesser" here and went where Wade was. Which is bassackward.

Not only did he follow Wade... He commandeered his team in the process... I think that's pretty straight forward.
7/9/2013 1:10 PM
LeBron went where Wade was because there was no scenario based in reality where Wade could have come to Cleveland.  Cleveland had less than $10 million in cap space AFTER LeBron left.  Even if he takes the minimum (which is a truly ridiculous standard to hold him to anyhow), then Wade has to take about 1/2 of what he could get anywhere else.  Good luck.
7/9/2013 1:18 PM
My recollection was that most people thought The Decision would be an announcement of a contract with New York or Chicago, with Cleveland a distant 3rd.  It's revisionist history to say "everyone expected him to come back to Cleveland."  Maybe people in Cleveland believed that because they wanted to believe it.  But the popular viewpoint espoused by ESPN and the other major sports networks was that the Knicks and the Bulls were the frontrunners.  So yes, Miami was a surprise.  But it's not like rational people from Cleveland should have been expecting him back.  If it were anything close to cut-and-dried, I'm coming back to Cleveland guys, there would be no point having a TV special, nobody would have watched.
7/9/2013 1:52 PM
The Decision was only announced a couple days ahead of time - I don't recall what the prevailing opinion was at that point, but I do know at some point beforehand everyone started reporting the "Big 3" to Miami.  I think it might have been as much as a day before.  I don't really think there was a prevailing opinion one way or the other until that point though.
7/9/2013 1:59 PM
Did Gilbert, in all his anger and rage, ever say LeBron lied to him? Don't you think, if that's what happened, Gilbert would have no problem saying that?
7/9/2013 2:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28 Next ▸
Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.