Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

He let Bosh and Wade tell him what to do?  Is that still based on your flawed belief that Bosh/Wade/LeBron could have happened in Cleveland?

6/14/2013 2:54 PM
You do realize he's from Akron, not Cleveland. Even after the fallout LeBron took a full page ad out in Akron's biggest paper, not Cleveland. LeBron doesn't care about Cleveland. I'm from NYC, more specifically the Bronx, and I couldn't care less about say Scarsdale which is about the same distance from where I live that is between Akron and Cleveland. There's a reason why he tried to raise money for the Akron Boys and Girls Club and not a Cleveland charity. 

You are also confusing you're convoluted opinion with that of what is reality. One title, no matter how you win it, is 1 title. He wouldn't get bonus points because he won it with a terrible supporting cast, he will still be looked at as a guy that only won 1 title. Now if by leaving Cleveland he wins 3+ titles, that will impact his legacy way more. 

What if he never won a ring in Cleveland? Would that have been worth it, just so he can satisfy people like you? Guess what, he doesn't care at all about your opinion. You aren't the person that has to live LeBron's life, and he decided the best move for him, was to go to Miami, and it's really tough to argue. Unless you have some warped sense of what is right and wrong. 
6/14/2013 3:09 PM
I don't think LeBron gives a crap if people like you love him or not. He probably got tired of the teammates they put around him and so he went to a more competent organization.
6/14/2013 3:22 PM
Why should LeBron be trapped in Cleveland for life regardless of the state of the organization and the team they put around him just because the team nearest his hometown happened to win the lottery the year he came out?
6/14/2013 3:25 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/14/2013 3:16:00 PM (view original):
You do realize Akron isn't far from Cleveland and I've been referring to Akron the entire time when I said "his hometown", right?

You don't get it. One title would have meant more if he won it in Cleveland, which is essentially his hometown team since there isn't an NBA team any closer and it's pretty close to Akron where he grew up.

LeBron absolutely WOULD get more credit for winning the title in Cleveland than he ever will in Miami. LeBron can't win enough titles in Miami to get the fans to love him as much there as they would have in Cleveland for ONE title there. THAT is the point.
What if he never won a ring in Cleveland? Would that have been worth it, just so he can satisfy people like you?

It's called loyalty and respect. LeBron SOLD OUT those things in exchange for a better chance to win titles in Miami. Like I said before, if "karma" were real, he'd have suffered a career-ending injury some time ago.
Sorry bub, you are completely wrong. The LeBron passing Mike talks never started until he won the title last year. So your theory that he would get more credit for winning 1 in Cleveland is completely and utterly false. LeBron will be judged by how many rings he won, not how he won them. And F loyalty and respect in a cut throat business like professional sports. Teams will cut and trade players in a heartbeat if it serves their purpose regardless of what that player has done for the team. But for some reason players are supposed to stay loyal? You do what's best for you and your family, because they are the ones impacted by your decision. Making decisions based on the opinions of people that have no impact on your life whatsoever is the dumbest thing a person can do. 

This debate is pointless because you are one of those people that refuses to believe that their opinion could be wrong, no matter how ridiculous the opinion.

6/14/2013 3:36 PM
I'm 100 percent certain LeBron doesn't care if he's liked or not - if he was, he would not have done what he did.

LeBron symbolizes everything that is wrong with America today - he's a lazy person who will quit on the job and bail to go somewhere else if he thinks its easier, even if it means sacrificing respect and dignity to get it done.

6/14/2013 3:41 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/14/2013 3:16:00 PM (view original):
You do realize Akron isn't far from Cleveland and I've been referring to Akron the entire time when I said "his hometown", right?

You don't get it. One title would have meant more if he won it in Cleveland, which is essentially his hometown team since there isn't an NBA team any closer and it's pretty close to Akron where he grew up.

LeBron absolutely WOULD get more credit for winning the title in Cleveland than he ever will in Miami. LeBron can't win enough titles in Miami to get the fans to love him as much there as they would have in Cleveland for ONE title there. THAT is the point.
What if he never won a ring in Cleveland? Would that have been worth it, just so he can satisfy people like you?

It's called loyalty and respect. LeBron SOLD OUT those things in exchange for a better chance to win titles in Miami. Like I said before, if "karma" were real, he'd have suffered a career-ending injury some time ago.
Bistiza-you say one title would have meant more if he won in in Cleveland.  Meant more to whom?  LeBron?  In this article, Lebron says he hated Cleveland growing up because he was from AKRON.  Also, I don't think any athlete out there is going to say winning 5 titles < winning 1 title.  Cleveland had multiple chances to put a team around him and they failed miserably.  He wasn't going to wait around forever until they finally got it right.  At the end of the day, it's about his legacy.  Winning 1 or 2 titles doesn't put you in the conversation of greatest of all time (just as Wilt).   If sports is all about repping your hometown and being loyal to teams that drafted you, you must hate damn near every free agent that signs with a new team.
6/14/2013 3:48 PM
Yeah, regardless of how much of connection one might think LeBron SHOULD have had with Cleveland, it's clear that he never did.  This is the guy who consistly made waves by showing up for Yankee/Indian games proudly sporting a Yankee lid.
6/14/2013 3:53 PM
Haha...bis...in one post you say, "I'm 100 percent certain Lebron doesn't care if he's liked or not."  Then your next post you say "the people in Cleveland would treat Lebron like he was a god if he won a single title for them."  And, "he absolutely would have gotten more credit from fans for winning in Cleveland."  I'm with KMason 100% on these arguments...I just don't follow your logic at all here.
6/14/2013 3:54 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 6/14/2013 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, regardless of how much of connection one might think LeBron SHOULD have had with Cleveland, it's clear that he never did.  This is the guy who consistly made waves by showing up for Yankee/Indian games proudly sporting a Yankee lid.
+1
6/14/2013 3:55 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/14/2013 4:00:00 PM (view original):
I just don't follow your logic at all here.

My point is LeBron SHOULD have cared about the fans. He had more reason than most to care about them - it was as close to playing for the hometown team as he could get.

But LeBron is a piece of **** as a person, so it's not surprising he acted the way he did.
By all accounts, LeBron is one of the nicer guys in the league, absolutely never gets in trouble, and *gasp* is a superstar that plays for the benefit of the team and not for the benefit of padding his scoring numbers. If "LeBron is a piece of **** as a person," I'd hate to hear your opinion about every other player in the league. Regardless, it's posts like this where I'd say this has gone to far. You don't even know the guy and don't have the right to say what he should or should not do, let alone make negative statements about his personality. Please just let it go.
6/14/2013 4:12 PM
Can't believe people are still crying about Cleveland. C'mon man who the hell want's to play in Cleveland? I'm willing to bet any superstar that ended up there would leave at the first opportunity.
6/14/2013 6:03 PM
Posted by bistiza on 6/14/2013 3:58:00 PM (view original):
 Meant more to whom?  LeBron?

To the fans in Cleveland compared to the fans in Miami, for starters. But also for LeBron. Working hard to actually EARN a title for his team rather than bailing on them for an easier path would have been a much bigger accomplishment.
  In this article, Lebron says he hated Cleveland growing up because he was from AKRON.

Yes, and if Akron had an NBA team, your argument would be valid. But it doesn't, and the closest team is the Cleveland Cavaliers. An inter-city rivalry in one's youth doesn't somehow wipe out the fact that it is as close to a "hometown" team as you can be playing for now.
 At the end of the day, it's about his legacy.

You're right. His legacy now is that of a traitor and a sell out. That won't change if he wins 20 rings in Miami.  He may think it was worth it, but to NBA fans like me, he's a piece of ****.

What a joke of a post!      HaHaHa!
6/14/2013 6:05 PM
Apparently people in HD forum community don't realize yet how pointless it is to attempt to discuss anything with bistiza...  He's always right, you know.  In fact, he has said as much - you will never move him from his beliefs because he has thought them all through so clearly and logically.  Unfortunately he would fail any freshman logic course, because all he knows about logic are the names of 2 or 3 common logical fallacies which he (often incorrectly) tosses about on a regular basis to discredit anyone who disagrees with him.  Trust me, don't waste your time.

Though I will take 15 seconds to point out that I know plenty of NBA fans who have no issues with LeBron.  But they are not "NBA fans like (bistiza)."  So his statement isn't wrong.  Just limited.  Only NBA fans like him can't respect the fact that LeBron is, in fact, the best player this side of Jordan AND made a very LOGICAL decision about where to play.  Unfortunately bistiza is so bad at actual logic he'll never be able to wrap his deluded brain around that one.
6/15/2013 12:31 AM
Somebody already mentioned this, but I want to hammer home the difference between Jordan staying in Chicago and Lebron not staying in Cleveland.

Jordan's Bulls won 57 games in 1993-94. Jordan retired that offseason, and without him the Bulls won 55 games the next season.

LeBron's Cavs won 61 games in 2009-10. LeBron left that offseason, and without him the Cavs won 19 games the next season.
6/15/2013 1:25 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...28 Next ▸
Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.