Manny Machado Topic

Posted by AlCheez on 7/9/2013 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Well, in fairness to JT on the "defensive play of the year", it's currently the reigning ESPN webgem of the year, so he's got some company on that one.   The throw is unreal, but I agree the fact that he kicked the ball first diminishes it.
I didn't realize ESPN still covered baseball.    I've heard nothing but Dwight Howard talk from them since they stopped talking about the Miami Heat.
7/9/2013 9:36 AM
Not true. They've been all over the Aaron Hernandez sideshow
7/9/2013 10:11 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/8/2013 10:45:00 PM (view original):
How did I say something stupid? How many short stops do you see boot a ball and then just pick it up and put it in their back pocket? I don't think it's stupid to say a third baseman who boots the ball about as far from 1B as it can get would just pick it up and not risk the throw.
Just watched Jason Kipnis just do this very same thing against the Mariners.  Gave up on it after the initial bobble.  Cost the Indians a run with the next batter.
7/23/2013 10:36 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 7/9/2013 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Well, in fairness to JT on the "defensive play of the year", it's currently the reigning ESPN webgem of the year, so he's got some company on that one.   The throw is unreal, but I agree the fact that he kicked the ball first diminishes it.
I believe it was picked as the first half play of the year.
7/23/2013 10:36 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Manny Machado Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.